Guest shrink2go

Has anyone experience with an exceptionally stunning lady (age 22)advertizing on CL with only a CL e-mail address and no other contact number.

In replies to e-mail query she states her name is VANESSA and refers you on to her very polished website describing her lovely self and her services, which then refers you on to another website for a security check to verify that you are not a rapist or sex-offender.

This checkout site is cited as ?D8Verify.net? ? which seems to be closely linked to a site for ?Safe Girls?. A google at ?D8Verify? does not clearly indicate what it is.

Although alleged to be free, they wasted no time in sending through 3 credit card billings within 15 min, causing a fraud alert with the C card company.

That was the last I heard from lovely Vanessa; so obviously I hit a wrong button along the way and got lost (sorry I can?t find you Vanessa!!!).

I would be interested to know if ?Vanessa? really exists, if anyone has ever met her, and all the wonderful comments you might offer on her behalf.

Also, might anyone offer advice about avoiding potential scams (does anyone smell one here?) if security checks are to become standard practice for the hopeful hobbyist.

Yup, you got scammed!

Sorry to hear you fell for it.

CL is FULL OF SCAMS! If someone asks you for your credit card information to get "VERIFIED" or for any other reason you are being SCAMMED! - I am moving this to the Bait and Switch / Scam alert area - a little more research and you would see we have MANY warnings about this here.

Pardner welcome to cerb, sorry but as mod put it you got scammed.

How can you avoid beign scammed you ask ?

Visit my diary daily and you'll have a pretty good chance of avoiding future scams.

Here's a bit of detail about a recent scam http://cowboysdiary.blogspot.com/2009/07/100-all-natural-fake-girl-next-door.html

Verification is not, nor will it be standard practice. It comes from the states where both parties provider and client are so paranoid that trust is totally eliminated. Providers don't even have to actually "provide" and still end up making some good coin.

Final tip, think with the big head...

Shrink2Go most ads on CL are scams, stick with CERB; a lot of hard work by MOD and others have made dealing with good SP and MA much easier and safer.

And I cannot agree more with CK' if you are to venture out of CERB join the 1000 strong posse behind our fearless leader Cowboy Kenny.

MOD & CK I know you get this all the time but thanks for all the hard work.

I've heard of this gal...mainly because a potential client was very problematic with me some time ago back when I had a website and directed him to it for more info.... claiming that he would not even dare click on it due to fear of being spammed or scanned or getting some kind of friggin virus (which has nothing to do with what those sites entail to my knowledge...the virus part I mean)

its was Vanessa....I should tell him now.....not ANNESSA!! now it all makes sense

If it looks like a scam and if it smells like a scam....Must be a scam!

If she's too hot to be walking the streets in Vanier, she must be a cop!

Remember that and you'll be fine!