Need help with an etiquette question

Good morning everyone,

I need a small piece of advice.

I had been in contact with a lovely SP via CERB and left it as awaiting her next visit to my city. However I'm not 100% sure if my emails or text messages are going through.

I don't want to be rude or pushy. I sent 2 emails and 2 texts over the past 5 months with no response. I'm hoping its just a technical glitch, but in everyone's opinion, should I leave it at this? I don't wish to bother her if this is a nice way to let me know she isn't interested.

Thanks everyone.

I don't think that two e-mails and two texts is too much over a five-month period of time.

You might e-mail again and say, once more, that you're interested in seeing her when she's next in your city. Ask when that might be, if she knows her plans. Keep your message brief and to the point. If she replies, wonderful. If not, let it go. If or when you see her advertising in your city, you could contact her once more and see if she'll meet with you. If you don't get a reply then, you'll have your answer.

• Like 2

Samantha's advice is spot on. The only thing I would add is to make sure you have checked the ladies website. If she has a touring schedule posted, your answer as to when she might be visiting is possibly there. Get in touch when you see that she will be coming to your location. But if there is no schedule posted, then I would follow Samantha's recommendations.

Porthos

• Like 2

Guest realnicehat

Hi Pearls,

I don't think you could get any better advice than the two posts above, I'm replying more out of curiosity. You say you had been in touch with the lady in question and it was left at a potential meeting when she came to your town. The messages you have been sending since, were they attempts to schedule a meeting or were they further enquiries as to when or if she was planning a visit?

If you have been just trying to stay in touch there is a great thread here about texting to say hi. Also, a PM may be slightly less intrusive if it is a simple enquiry. I know that I can get overwhelmed somedays by the number of emails I get and I'm guessing that would be a tenth of what the ladies get.

Hi realnicehat;

The last response I got was an equally disappointed one that we were not able to meet. The first email I sent was to enquire about a potential visit, and the second was after I had looked at her travel schedule and saw, again, that we would miss each other.

Normally she is prompt and polite and happy to give general timelines, which lets me know when it's more appropriate to contact her. But that was a while ago last time she responded, which is why I'm a bit confused.

I apologized if I had been rude, I don't think I was but I'm new to this and don't wish to occupy too much of her time, as I'm sure she is quite busy. I guess I will take Samantha's wonderful advice, PM her here, and if I still have no response, start my search again for a lovely lady.

Thank you again!