okay so i have a question regarding the legal side of this industry

so i saw an ad on a website for "erotic massages" and the sp listed the activities she will provide on her website (kissing, oral and HJ's ) she works out of her apartment , i was just wondering what kind of trouble i can get into if i contact her and go get a massage or what i can do to avoid any legal issues.

Thank you

I see that no one has replied.

It is usually better to ask this in the legal section, but, I thought I would put my two cents in.

Getting a massage with a happy ending or a full service is no different in this business when it comes to Law enforcement.

Here is a great link on the laws in Canada. It might help you to read it. If you have further questions after reading them, then post away.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1642

Meaghan is right, and the link is a good one. I suggest you poke around in the legal forum and read about what's been happening recently with challenges to the prostitution laws.

If your MA was raided, you would be at risk of being found in a brothel. However, if she's an independent, working from a residence on her own, in most parts of the country, there's very little risk of any police or legal activity as long as she's discrete, not keeping late hours or disturbing the neighbours. If she's really part of a micro-brothel, if she or anyone else there is an immigrant or a tourist who has come to Canada to work in the sex trade, the risk is greater. These days, there's interest in making sure that no one is being trafficked and in some places there's a lot of disapproval of the mostly-Asian micro-brothels that could result in police action. If this is a concern of yours, you might consider waiting to pay a visit to this MA after the summer is over--say, mid-September or later, after students have returned to university and most of the tourist sex workers have gone home.

Really good advice from Meaghan and Samantha. Many municipalities licence and regulate massage parlour. Of course, those licences stipulate that lots of activities that do take place shouldn't. Nevertheless, once the municipality is sharing in the profit the odds of a bust go down considerably. And if law enforcement does visit, it's far more likely to be by-law enforcement than the police.

this doesn't mean a raid won't happen, and issues like drug trafficking, immigrant sex workers, and complaints from neighbours all increase the odds of attention from LE.