Check out the downtown and walk along the lake. Kingston is beautiful in the summer. The outdoor patios are also a must.

Hello Ms. Megan,

Plenty to enjoy in K-town in the summer. If you are staying downtown you will be near the waterfront. Nice walking path there. Plenty of Bars, Restaurants, Patios to dine or enjoy a beverage. Nice boutique type shopping. Plenty of tourist attractions (Boat Cruises, museums, historic sights etc.) if that's what happens to appeal to you.

Hopefully, you will enjoy nice weather. Like most tourist towns, Kingston is gorgeous on a sunny day and pretty damn ugly when the weather is bad.

Enjoy your time in the Limestone City!!

Olderguy

Off the top of my head three museums come to mind

Marine Museum of the Great Lakes

Pump House Steam Museum

Penitentiary Museum

Also, there is Old Fort Henry to see. If timing is right see the sunset retreat. And I think, don't quote me, that now there is an outdoor café located there

As for restaurants, well I like Greek food, so there is Minos in the west end. Deli type food, the Golden Rooster downtown Kingston on Princess Street...that's about all I can come up with, drawing a blank, but haven't lived there in years

RG

• Like 1

Guest realnicehat

Well, since Roamingguy covered the attractions I'll take care of the food.

If you are staying near the water, (and why would you stay anywhere else?) I'd recommend trying Woodenhead's for lunch or dinner. Pan Chancho is a great bakery to grab a treat at before exploring (but they have have a great little restaurant too). If the weather does turn out to be nice you could hop on the Wolfe Island Ferry. It is a free ride to the island where you can explore the village and have a meal at the Wolfe Island Grill. Their patio has great views of Kingston's waterfront. White Mountain Ice Cream and Mio Gelato both offer tasty cool (locally made I think) treats. There is a great farmer's market behind city hall three days a week. Also, there are a ton of patios and pubs to choose from if you want to get out at night. Every thing you would possibly need food and drink wise is within a three block radius of the waterfront hotels.

Hope this helps :)

ps. that lady at Arby's in the pink bikini.....really a dude. Great curly fries though.

Excellent choices RG....love the rooster!

ps. that lady at Arby's in the pink bikini.....really a dude. Great curly fries though.

Excellent choices RG....love the rooster!

Noted. ;) :p

• Like 1

I second Panchancho. The new milestones is great as is the Jack Astors which has a rooftop patio (great for seeing that lady in the Pink bikini. We also have great pubs: try the Kingston Brewing Company, Tirnanog, or the Toucan. One last personal favorite for the summer is the patio at Chien Noir.

Just walk around city hall and there are restaurants and pubs everywhere. From Ontario street also consider walking up Princess St to the 'hub' (Princess and Division). Most of the good night clubs are in that area.

Welcome to Kingston, hope your have a great time

• Like 1

You have been given good advise. There is also the tour trolley that takes you to some of Kingston's highlights including the Fort as well as the boat cruises. There is also the Duke of Wellington Pub and the Red House Pub where the food is actually very good and less expensive than some other places. The patios along Brock Street are all good and a great place to sit and people watch on a nice day.