Okay, in the USA apparently sting operations are conducted all the time where the bait is posted on ........, and they nab you at the hotel/motel.

What I would like to know if if anyone has ever heard of this occurring in Canada?

I believe I have heard of operations in Canada, but the thing is hun, they are baiting for UNDERAGE workers( the pimps/agencies who hire them). And the MEN WHO ARE wanting to book minors.

As long as you are not wanting to book with minors, then there is no problem. Even the bust in the States were only busting child/minor prostitute rings.

Not responsible providers of age.

• Like 4

I believe I have heard of operations in Canada' date=' but the thing is hun, they are baiting for UNDERAGE workers( the pimps/agencies who hire them). And the MEN WHO ARE wanting to book minors.[/quote']

Yeah, Halifax police did this just within the last 6 months. Specifically they advertised as an under age worker in response to an apparent uptick in young girls advertising online. I'd say the vast majority of police matters in the news around here involve under age workers, or the recruitment or solicitation there of. Beyond that they only seem to act on specific complaints from the public rather than fishing for sp's or hobbiests. Keep in mind we have a very different legislative regime in Canada than in most US states.

• Like 3

Even the bust in the States were only busting child/minor prostitute rings.

No... south of the border they run stings on both clients and SPs all the time, and it doesn't even make the headlines unless someone notable gets caught.

But that's because the exchange of sex for money is illegal there (mostly), whereas it's legal here.

Edited by Phaedrus
  • Like 2

Yeah, Halifax police did this just within the last 6 months. Specifically they advertised as an under age worker in response to an apparent uptick in young girls advertising online.

Yes, you are correct that the police did this a few months back. A friend of mine replied to the specific ad you are referring too. The ad didn't say she was underage, just young. When he read the reply to his email inquiry that she stated she was 16 years old, he was shocked. He repoted the ad to BP but they kept letting it be posted. The stings are in operation to catch those that are underage and those that want to book with minors.

I'd recommend sticking to the ladies you meet here on CERB and you can't go wrong. Each and everyone that I've met since becoming a member here have been very kind. Treat the ladies with the respect they deserve and you will be a happy hobbiest. Happy hobbying everyone. ;)

• Like 1

Also... as a heads up to the ladies... be aware that in cities where they have and stringently enforce bylaws regarding sex workers, such as Saskatoon, they browse B P and some of the boards to find the unlicensed workers, set up appointments, issue a fine for working unlicensed and ask them to leave town.

I think the license for a resident or a transient (touring) provider is approx $300 depending on the city. The fine is closer to $1500. Add to that the loss of room deposit and loss of appointments. I also understand some cities will then issue you a ban from working within the limits of the city for a period of time.

Its a good idea to go online if you're touring and check city websites for their bylaws. Licenses can be applied for online in most cases.

Stay safe :)

• Like 4

That's really good advice Miss. Jessica. My opinion on that is that it is just another way for a city who is in a deficit to get more money to help them with their problem. Just another cash grab, especially if it's a transient just passing through town.

I believe I have heard of operations in Canada, but the thing is hun, they are baiting for UNDERAGE workers( the pimps/agencies who hire them). And the MEN WHO ARE wanting to book minors.

As long as you are not wanting to book with minors, then there is no problem. Even the bust in the States were only busting child/minor prostitute rings.

Not responsible providers of age.

Just my advice dont get too comfortable!!!!

I was working very very rarely 1 ad on backpage rarely more than once a month and I was not offering fullservice.

I was napping at home in sept. I had not posted an ad in several months. When 3 officers knocked on my door and told me I was under arrest. I have no record and no criminal past. I was taken to the station and held from 9pm until almost 3 am. The investigating officer presented pictures from an old ad. The officers yelled at me. Snickered at me. Were not very nice (one was very nice).I immediately called a lawyer and didnt speak to the police. But they released me with insane conditions including I was not allowed to drink ( I was sober when arrested , my only incounter with the police. I was not allowed to own operate use or carry a cellphone (they confiscated my cellphone which has not yet been returned). With about 4 other conditions that seriously disrupted my life. It is now january and I just found out the crown did not authorize the charges againest me and the case was thrown out. But the last 4 months has been hell.

I want to share my experience because i was under the impression that theycouldnt do that. I am of legal age and I wasnt even working. In the en

• Like 5