videotron ISP question?

Does anyone know if videotron.ca shares IP address's or uses static address's? I need to find this out as I see some stuff going on that looks fishy with matching IP address's and I would like to know for sure before I accuse someone of having multiple accounts. Any feedback would be great or even if you use videotron.ca as your ISP if you can just reply to this message with "I use videotron.ca" or something like that the system will be able to compare IP address's to make sure my hunch is correct or not.

From what I am seeing everyone using videotron has a static IP so the 3 accounts that have the same IP resolving to videotron I suspect are the SAME PERSON.

Thanks Castle, all 10 of your posts all have the same IP address so you are on a static IP. I figure this is true with all videotron customers.

We confirmed it today, thanks mellow. I will take care of the culprits. Thanks again to everyone who PM'd me and to Mellow410 and castle_79 for the input as well.

Guest bartholomew_allen

I also use videotron, but with a software that hides my IP, so I might be your culprit? I decided to do that for security/privacy reasons, not to cause any harm. Let me know if that is a problem.

I also use videotron, but with a software that hides my IP, so I might be your culprit? I decided to do that for security/privacy reasons, not to cause any harm. Let me know if that is a problem.

You don't have multiple regisistered accounts do you bartholomew? and no you are not the "culprit".

Guest bartholomew_allen

Well, I remember having trouble remembering my password a few times, but I don't remember creating other accounts. I do know I never posted under another name as this one. I do hope that answers your question better.

Guest Buba_Canuck
Does anyone know if videotron.ca shares IP address's or uses static address's? I need to find this out as I see some stuff going on that looks fishy with matching IP address's and I would like to know for sure before I accuse someone of having multiple accounts. Any feedback would be great or even if you use videotron.ca as your ISP if you can just reply to this message with "I use videotron.ca" or something like that the system will be able to compare IP address's to make sure my hunch is correct or not.

From what I am seeing everyone using videotron has a static IP so the 3 accounts that have the same IP resolving to videotron I suspect are the SAME PERSON.

I have been using Videotron for a couple of years ... however when the lease expires on my IP it automatically renews...

It has 100% been confirmed that the videotron service uses static IP's. Thanks everyone - we solved the problem.

It has 100% been confirmed that the videotron service uses static IP's. Thanks everyone - we solved the problem.