Making Arrangements By E-mail

Guest W****he***k

I have noticed that many SPs, in particular the local ladies who may not be members of this Board, often do not reply to email or will reply very much after the fact. I am just curious as to why this is so?

I know that for me, email is my absolute preferred form of contact for making arrangements. I dislike using my phone for privacy reasons and email is or can be just as fast and efficient. Yet, many SPs seem to not check email or indicate in their ads that they will not use email. Is it that there are too many time wasters on email?

Just wondering .....

I find that email can be used as a form of initial communication. However, for the actual confirmation of details, most ladies need to talk to you - hear your voice for example. I won't book anyone via email - they must call me (or I can call them if its easier for them) to get location and final confirmation.

Anyone can create a fake email account - a little more challenging to create a fake phone number and voice.

That's why its great to have a dedicated hobby phone - you turn it on when you want to play and turn it off when you are done. You don't have to worry so much about someone calling you out of the blue if you are worried about discretion.

• Like 7

Guest W****he***k

And I should add, perhaps, that it is really just the initial contact that really puzzles me. I absolutely do not mind making a phone call once I have established that the SP is available, etc. I think that is quite reasonable for all the reasons suggested by Emily. I guess I am just sulking/venting over a lack of reasonably promptly returned emails :) ... but there is definitely a lost opportunity for providers here.

I have seen many ladies, and developed some very special connections and memories with some, because they weren't concerned about a "NOW" encounter with me when I first contacted them (by email BTW) A NOW encounter something completely impossible for me to do due to my circumstances (living in smalltown Ontario) which requires me to always travel.

But to those ladies, especially in my newbie days in this lifestyle, who took that leap of faith that I was a gentleman truly interested in an encounter with them, not just a "tire kicker" who liked to send emails to companions, a BIG THANK YOU

Now I have, as I said first contacted the ladies by email. Some replied, wanting to talk to me over the phone, even if I was planning an encounter ahead of time. No problem, I asked the lady a good time to call her, and did in fact call her. If a phone call is part of a lady's screening protocols, I'll phone her (btw only two ladies requested a phone call before booking)

And for some of us, phone calls are always long distance.

But for all that I guess echoing Emily's point but from the other side of the coin. I'm one of those emailing clients/potential clients, but when I email you, it's because I want to see you. Granted, not "NOW" because a date "NOW" is impossible for me. But I need to plan "NOW" because I know in a few months I'll be free for a few hours to see you, and want to set up a encounter with you for then

Anyhow, a long winded rambling from a planning ahead emailing client/potential client

RG :-)

• Like 2

For myself, there isn't any info or arrangement that i am willing to do by email, so i see no reason at all to use email for any single part of the communication. My schedule availability is in the ad, the location, general description, etc.

What is not in the ad is not anything that i will provide by email, so all i end up doing in an email (or pm or messaging) is to tell the person for that info they have to call me. Which means basically you can call me at any time (within reason), you don't have to send an email to make an appt to call me, i would also find that annoying lol.

So for me the no email thing is simply more efficient, What is it that you want to say or ask or suggest in an email that you cannot do in a phone call? And then in addition, if this is what the sp is requesting and suggesting, and someone does not do that, they just go their own way and email to her, she is not going to think, oh, wow, emails are awesome. She is going to read that email 12-24 hours later and say wtf, why didn't he just phone me, like the ad says, because now the time and day he was asking about is long gone, and we both might have missed out lol.

I had someone insist on email only, and went back and forth maybe 10 times (5 me, 5 him) before he finally set on a time/day and made the phone call. He showed up, and he could have done all that with ONLY that one phone call. He then proceeded to try to do the exact same thing for a 2nd appt, except this time he did not phone me and he did not show up, even tho he set up a specific time. he did however send an email the morning of asking about an earlier time, an email i missed because i'm waiting for his phone call, not sitting at the computer with nothing else to do, and of course my reply did not get an answer.

So, no, i am a phone call for everything sp, and because i do mention that in ads, etc, i expect that to be done and I do not feel I am missing out on anything, because i would rather not have to sit at the computer 8 hours a day reading and replying and replying again and again when everything could have been done and covered in one simple phone call.

• Like 3

Email appointments can be great, and it is something that I do accept, but for the 'now' appointment, I may not be in an area where I do not have email access.

I do have email listed on my profile, but I do have listed that I prefer texting (as I see that immediately), and I can understand the gentleman's need for discretion and privacy.

Unfortunately though, I may miss an email due to not being able to check it. A text message or phone call I will see right away.

My only advise on the matter of email is this: if you are seeking a 'now' appointment, I would feel its better to text or call to the lady (if that is what is preferred by her especially) that way she will see it immediately. There could be an hour or two go by before she is able to check her email only to find out that while she is going through the emails she has missed the opportunity to get back to you in time.

I have missed potential clients due to the fact that I have had to go through so many emails that I have missed the window of opportunity of seeing the client that wants 'now'. And the fact that even when I have responded immediately I have not had a reply from the gentleman until hours later when I am not able to accomodate their needs.

• Like 3

My first instinct would not be to email a lady I had an interest in seeing it would be to Text her. I think for many if us the text message or BBM has replaced the email as our primary means if shirt conversations with people.

That said I can tell you that some if the nicest ladies I have met have been through initial contact by email as that is their preferred method of contact. In some ways I think it payed off because there was a more detailed initial sharing of information because either the lady asked for more information or I felt that the email communications was mire formal so I shared more.

Now given all if that let's talk about what really matters.... if you are interested in meeting a lady or finding out more about her... read her ad... read her website... read her CERB information... find out how she likes to be contacted and do that.

• Like 2

I have noticed that many SPs, in particular the local ladies who may not be members of this Board, often do not reply to email or will reply very much after the fact. I am just curious as to why this is so?

I know that for me, email is my absolute preferred form of contact for making arrangements. I dislike using my phone for privacy reasons and email is or can be just as fast and efficient. Yet, many SPs seem to not check email or indicate in their ads that they will not use email. Is it that there are too many time wasters on email?

Just wondering .....

In St. John's the standard seems to be the phone call or text with only a select few utilizing email. Through trial and error I've discovered what ladies prefer what but I appreciate your frustration. I pretty much follow whatever method that the lady states in her ad and besides one or two ladies that I know well I dont bother with the "now" appointments.

Just as an aside there are plenty of apps out there that are designed to specifically create a hidden area of your phone (seriously impossible to find without knowing its there) the apps also hide phone calls and text messages and even internet browsing. I suggest that every one be using these if you are concerned about privacy. The one I use is "Vault" for android

• Like 1

My order of preference for contacting a lady would be:

1) Email

2) Text

3) Carrier Pigeon

4) Phone

I only put (3) there to point out how much I had speaking on the phone. Even my family knows that and will only email me. If it's urgent then, of course, phone.

But, I'm a lot like RG here: I'm not a NOW guy, I'm thinking in advance. I prefer a little contact to get to know someone just a little better. Even a few sentences can go a long way in making an impression.

Not really a fan of texting, either, except for quick info and such.

All that said, if I want to meet someone, I'll do what they wish.

• Like 3

A lot around here, as has been stated, share their phone number and want phone calls or texts to arrange "NOW" appointments. As much as local providers lose out on wonderful clients who prefer email, clients miss out on amazing SP's because they don't want to email or fill out a booking form (which they don't realize is just a fancy email template lol). It is equally frustrating on both ends!

• Like 1

I am one who will only book and discuss my services via phone. However I require all the gentlemen's details via email. It is a shame that trust levels have been broken but it happens and by both sides, men and women both play games. Why is a mystery, childish and not worth worrying about, when it happens I just move on and schedule another activity or appointment:)

I have found anyone that wants to play games or who has a plan just to fill up my schedule is the client that just wants to book by email and as Meghan said, it's easy for them to set up a fake email and profile, not so easy to do so with a phone. Having said that any email inquiries I get I respond to asap I just ask them to call if they have questions concerning my services after all you never know who you're sending emails to, when you talk to someone at least you hear their voice and know it's a man. We all have different methods to make us feel comfortable and feel secure.

Edited by cr**tyc***es

I do have a question for the ladies when it comes to the emails.... I was wondering what do you do with the emails, booking form, once you have read it? Do you keep it in a folder or do you delete it? Just wondering.... I hope this is not taken the wrong way!

I do state that i prefer texting but as Raven said...when a gent contacts you through email, usually its for an advance booking...which is fine too.

I reply as fast to an emails as i do with text...I receive my emails on my phone and get a notification when it comes in...but I've replied to emails the minute i received them and never got a reply...so im thinking...did he receive my email?

If a gent mentions that he prefers emails for privacy...I will respect is demand and only email until its time to confirm...then I ask for a text message.

I don't mind a phone call either but Im not always in a position to answer my phone... in a public place...always very awkard...so what i do when i miss a call is reply with a text message apologizing for the missed call and explaning I don't have privacy to speak freely.

We all have our prefered method of communication and we all have our opinions on which is best...respecting each other is the goal here...

BJ

Additional Comments:

I do have a question for the ladies when it comes to the emails.... I was wondering what do you do with the emails, booking form, once you have read it? Do you keep it in a folder or do you delete it? Just wondering.... I hope this is not taken the wrong way!

In my case...booking forms are kept for 30 days and then deleted for privacy by my webmaster.

BJ

• Like 2

For me I have 2 prerequisites to see a sp: email & website.

Website because it shows that you, the sp, take your profession serious enough to put in the time to communicate what you have to offer a potential client.

Email because I live 2 hours drive from St. John's, on what I consider a dangerous road, and I don't do anything spur of the moment.

I need my vehicle to buy food. That's how far out i live.

I don't have a smart phone, it's one of those pay as you go, "old school" phones, so I need, for my own piece of mind, to make all the arrangements ahead of time by email. Then after that's done i confirm it by my crappy old cell phone, a phone that I originally only have for road emergencies. I do all my life contact by facebook or other internet services. Or ground phone.

So, email is everything to me. And like any other business, communication is everything. I've also had the problem of sps taking their time to responding to my email. If you have time for your twitter account, then you have time to respond to your emails. A simple "contact me on this day to make further arrangements" or something like that goes a long way. If you don't communicate, you lose my business to someone else. It's as simple as that.

Guest Ou**or**n

Email is my preferred mechanism as its the most discrete as I'm sometimes making inquiries while other people are physically around me. A text may cause questions and a phone call is out of the question.

Of course at a later pre-arranged time a confirmation call is just fine.

I generally prefer e-mail as the initial mechanism of communication and contact. Texts are too short for initial introductions.

Having said that, I fully expect that at some point there will be phone communication with the lady. The fact that I usually book well in advance, means that waiting a few days for a reply to an e-mail isn't a problem.

At the end of the day, i'll use whatever method of communication the lady prefers. it is, after all, her business.

Porthos

• Like 5

For me I have 2 prerequisites to see a sp: email & website.

Website because it shows that you, the sp, take your profession serious enough to put in the time to communicate what you have to offer a potential client.

Email because I live 2 hours drive from St. John's, on what I consider a dangerous road, and I don't do anything spur of the moment.

I need my vehicle to buy food. That's how far out i live.

I don't have a smart phone, it's one of those pay as you go, "old school" phones, so I need, for my own piece of mind, to make all the arrangements ahead of time by email. Then after that's done i confirm it by my crappy old cell phone, a phone that I originally only have for road emergencies. I do all my life contact by facebook or other internet services. Or ground phone.

So, email is everything to me. And like any other business, communication is everything. I've also had the problem of sps taking their time to responding to my email. If you have time for your twitter account, then you have time to respond to your emails. A simple "contact me on this day to make further arrangements" or something like that goes a long way. If you don't communicate, you lose my business to someone else. It's as simple as that.

I know of one lady (granted now she has a website) but when I met her, she didn't have a website. Her information was on her CERB profile page. Saw her for a couple encounters, plan to see her again this year.

She has nine (deserved) pages of recommendations. She is a lady who takes her profession serious enough.

Now on the other hand I saw a lady with a professionally styled website, one of the absolute worst ladies I ever saw. In fact not the worst, but the second worst SP I ever saw...but she had a website

My point, don't rule out seeing a lady because she doesn't have a website. You may miss out on a seeing a gem.

Personally, I do prefer contact via email. But I'm not so demanding that if she has another preferred method of contact, I'm not going to see her.

And no matter what your preferred method of contact is, the lady, because it is her business, determines what is her preferred method of contact. If she prefers phone to email and I want to see her, then phone it is. Whatever the lady's preferred method of contact is, is what is used. It is her business to run, not yours, mine, or any other man's business.

I also wouldn't be posting, where all CERB ladies can see, phrases like

"if you don't communicate, you lose my business...." It just sets a negative tone, and the impression you leave isn't a good one. And maybe the lady didn't lose your business, she instead chose not to have you as a client.

A morning rambling

RG

• Like 2

Text or email.....even though I have a great phone manner and a dulcet tone I prefer electronic communication. I have only spoken to a one or two SP's on the phone and those were requested confirmation calls.

I don't get offended if some one doesn't return my email or text inquiries, I just move on.

Peace

MG

• Like 4

Well, firstly I've had friends within the sex trade for almost 15 years. I lived 8 & a half years on the DTES of Vancouver and watched survival sex trade workers, who I became friends with, some of whom are now dead, suffer through many painful things. So , yes, I do have an idea of how difficult it is to be a sex trade worker. I've had to hold many a crying lady in my life time because of this business.

Secondly, I had to give up my life in Vancouver to become a care giver for my dad who had dementia who died in my hands about a year ago. Even though I had many mixed feelings about supporting a business that I've seen hurt so many people I thought I would give it another shot. I've seen 3 ladies in the past year who showed respect for my time so i wrote positive reviews for them on this website. They didn't ask for the reviews, but I felt they deserved it.

In the end, business is business. If you went to any business and they ignored you, you would take your business else where. Think about that the next time you deal with any bad customer service in any business at all. Remember how it made you feel.

We men are human beings, too. We have thought & feelings, too. And it is our money that we work for. And the sps that see us as human beings with thoughts and feelings, friends and families like them will get the business.

I've also had the problem of sps taking their time to responding to my email. If you have time for your twitter account, then you have time to respond to your emails. A simple "contact me on this day to make further arrangements" or something like that goes a long way. If you don't communicate, you lose my business to someone else. It's as simple as that.

I've seen four different sps, and in making our initial contacts, three of them have taken longer to respond to email than I would prefer. Sometimes to the point that I (without basis) would think that they were ignoring me. Point being prompt email response is not the be all end all. To say that the lady would lose your business because of this is short sighted. As Savannah stated above, we all have our lives outside of work. One doesn't know someone else's situation, so it isn't fair to criticize. In each of my sp experiences, including those that took some time to get a response, I have been rewarded for waiting patiently for them to get back to me. And in one case, I have found a relationship that I treasure more than many in my life. I can't imagine giving that up for the sake of a few days.

• Like 2

Well, firstly I've had friends within the sex trade for almost 15 years. I lived 8 & a half years on the DTES of Vancouver and watched survival sex trade workers, who I became friends with, some of whom are now dead, suffer through many painful things. So , yes, I do have an idea of how difficult it is to be a sex trade worker. I've had to hold many a crying lady in my life time because of this business.

Secondly, I had to give up my life in Vancouver to become a care giver for my dad who had dementia who died in my hands about a year ago. Even though I had many mixed feelings about supporting a business that I've seen hurt so many people I thought I would give it another shot. I've seen 3 ladies in the past year who showed respect for my time so i wrote positive reviews for them on this website. They didn't ask for the reviews, but I felt they deserved it.

In the end, business is business. If you went to any business and they ignored you, you would take your business else where. Think about that the next time you deal with any bad customer service in any business at all. Remember how it made you feel.

We men are human beings, too. We have thought & feelings, too. And it is our money that we work for. And the sps that see us as human beings with thoughts and feelings, friends and families like them will get the business.

Really????

I have met a fair number if the ladies from CERB who work in NL and to be honest some prefer email contact as the initial contact as part of their security screening. I have to say I think it is a bit unrealistic to expect that the only thing these ladies have going on in their life is us guys.... yep they are running a business but it is a business with unusual hours that they must fit in around the rest of their lives. These ladies are smart enough to know that they must have effective communication with clients to succeed and they certainly don't need lectures on best business practices from us guys.

If you really think this business is so negative perhaps it is not the best fit for your needs. For my my experience is that I have met amazing smart well educated ladies who are making well thought out "Business" decision for themselves. In my experience they communicate way better than most service industries and their response time would be the ideal sought by most companies.

The problem for the most part comes when us guys think we are the ladies sole client and therefore we don't understand why they don't respond to us immediately.

Just my opinion

• Like 1

Secondly, I had to give up my life in Vancouver to become a care giver for my dad who had dementia who died in my hands about a year ago. Even though I had many mixed feelings about supporting a business that I've seen hurt so many people I thought I would give it another shot.

With respect, I really don't understand what the first part of your post has to do with this thread. Yes, sadly, there exists exploitation and harms within the industry; however, there exists the same within any other industry. I don't see why this was brought into the conversation.

• Like 4