Joy Smith, Made in Canada Nordic Model

She was on CBC Radio this morning so the interview might still be available on the CBC website.

I was very disappointed that the CBC interviewer was so politically correct. Basically acted as a straight man while Smith made her speech. She obviously had a list of speaking points which she repeats over and over and over.

She says the average trafficked prostitute earns 260,000 to 280,000 per year for her pimp.

Naturally this fits in with the CBC victim philosophy. They followed it right up with a story of some victimised woman who was actually a drug addict and prostituted herself to buy drugs. Apparently it was all the "traffickers" fault and she bore no responsibility for any of it.

Kind of sad that even the CBC is unable to have a reasonable discussion about this.

She was on CBC Radio this morning so the interview might still be available on the CBC website.

I was very disappointed that the CBC interviewer was so politically correct. Basically acted as a straight man while Smith made her speech. She obviously had a list of speaking points which she repeats over and over and over.

She says the average trafficked prostitute earns 260,000 to 280,000 per year for her pimp.

Naturally this fits in with the CBC victim philosophy. They followed it right up with a story of some victimised woman who was actually a drug addict and prostituted herself to buy drugs. Apparently it was all the "traffickers" fault and she bore no responsibility for any of it.

Kind of sad that even the CBC is unable to have a reasonable discussion about this.

Yes i am sure they all are making 260,000 to 280,000 a year. yup. oh, that's the 'average', meaning some of them must be making 500,000?

did the victim story say she prostituted 'herself' or was prostituted by someone else, because it seems like a contradiction that either she did it to buy drugs and was working/choosing alone, or she had someone get her addicted, then keep her that way in order to keep her working. I don't think some of the claims by the abolitionists stand up to close scrutiny :)

Does she even do the math? The CBC "expose" here in Ottawa claims the average cost for a session with one of these girls is $200. So at that rate the trafficked victim has to see 1300 clients (or sessions in a year) which amounts to 3.5 clients every day 365 days a year. FFS really?

And of course the claim that there are at least 150-180 of these girls in the Ottawa area. So do that math and on the low end that means there are 195,000 sessions a year with trafficked women in Ottawa. Really? At least make the lies believable.

I mean by that math, if no guy sees more than one girl in a 24 hour period, there are 520 men having sex with trafficked women every day in Ottawa. Who the hell are these guys and where are they hiding?

• Like 6