Now that Google Street View is up and running in the O-Town area, did everyone check to ensure their auto wasn't parked outside their favourite locale?

Now that Google Street View is up and running in the O-Town area, did everyone check to ensure their auto wasn't parked outside their favourite locale?

Somebody is walking by the Playmate, but the Pink looks quiet..haven't checked the others.

So do i have this correct? You can type in my address and see where i live? I'm not really liking that idea very much. What about all the creeps out there that can get your ip address and/or the guys that we give our address out to and they no-show...Ladies we need to alot more careful...yikes!

kisses,

Emma A

So do i have this correct? You can type in my address and see where i live?

Or they can type your address in, get directions and drive to your house to see where you live - what's the difference?

BTW, there's someone standing on the step at Taboo.

I am not sure what the issue is Emma. If you gave them your address they already know where you live. All this does is allow you to see an image of the address online.

I am not sure what the issue is Emma. If you gave them your address they already know where you live. All this does is allow you to see an image of the address online.

Duh...I guess i got a little more parnoid there for a sec :?...can't blame me after the last couple of months...lol...

Not sure but i was told you can ask to have your house taken off.Does feel kinda freaky when people can see whats parked in your yard,or see what you have out for lawn ornaments :neutral: You don't even have to type in the address,find the city zoom in and follow the streets till you get where you want to go

Nope they drove down the street.. once.. months ago.. whoever was doing something at that time, can be seen. But they blur the faces. The pics are static, not real time. They may change if they do the tour again to update.

Guest **n****er

My car and license plate is in clear view in my driveway...I dont like that much.

All licence plates should be blurred out according to Google...

I thought this was neat...typed in my address and saw my son and dog on the front lawn playing ;)

The picture of my place was taken in the spring of 2008. I know that because of the state of the foliage on the trees and the fact that my neighbour's son's truck is parked out front (he moved out west in the spring of last year). The license plate of the truck is blurred, as per Google Street rules.

I actually find that Street View can be a useful tool to hobbiests and also for SP's who offer outcalls. Examples, where to park, is the neighbourhood safe looking or does it look like one may be putting themselves in shady looking area. Or, oh shit i have to cancel my appointment because my SO's friend lives in that appartment building.

I like it!

But the photos could be up to a year or two old. Things change, shit happens.

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea for a general overview of a place which is too far or too inconvenient to drive to in person. But it certainly doesn't provide current info.

But the photos could be up to a year or two old. Things change, shit happens.

I'm not saying it's not a cool idea for a general overview of a place which is too far or too inconvenient to drive to in person. But it certainly doesn't provide current info.

I agree that the date of the pic will not be up to date, but google street view's pics of streets and building will not change much over time. I have searched all of my past addresses going back 20+ years until now and they all look the same now as they did then besides the vehicles parked in the driveways. residential neighbourhoods will not change unless you live on the last house on the street of a new development within the city limits, which i have never met with an SP who offered incalls from such a place. Usually the incall locations are in the city limits. My preference is the downtown core, which also never changes due to our small town like city council.

Don't worry (too much) the Google Street View Car may only come by once.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Street_View

You can check if they have ever been on your street by going to:

http://maps.google.ca/intl/en_ca/help/maps/streetview/where-is-street-view.html

Maybe I'll have to start wearing a motorcycle helmet to hide my identity :cool:

Bing live maps has had a version of this for years whats the big deal?

Bing/Live/Windows Live/ and other microsoft incarnations had the birds eye view which is still pretty high up and removed from any detail. The street view is eerily up close and personal for some.