I'm a CERB newbie

Okay, here it goes. I became a CERB member a good long while ago and have yet to post (until now I guess), and was hoping to get some feedback. I have never before availed myself of any services available in this industry, but I've learned a fair bit about it by joining CERB and reading some absolutely terrific commentary. I'm 53 years old (6'0", 165 lbs), I've been divorced for about 18 years now, and there is absolutely nothing I regret about my life. Answering to nobody and doing what I want, when I want, are things I could no longer give up. I've had a small handful of brief flings along the way, but none I would have cared to pursue. Quite frankly (and at the risk of sounding like a dirty old man), I'm no longer interested in any experiences with the type of women I'm capable of attracting in real life. Is this just plain wrong? Or am I on to something here? I guess the biggest issue for me (and excuse my naivety) would be being sure I'd be hiring someone in the industry who LOVES being in the industry. That would be important to me.

• Like 1

"Is this just plain wrong? Or am I on to something here?"

When it comes to attraction and how you want to live your life, as long as you aren't hurting anyone, then there is no universal right or wrong, and you simply have to do what will make you happy.

It already sounds like you know what that is, which puts you ahead of the game. :)

As for your other comment, one of the biggest myths/stereotypes that seems to be out there is the idea that all the ladies in this business are somehow coerced or involved because they have no other option. If you've been reading the threads hereabouts I imagine you've already realized how often that is clearly not the case! And while everyone is entitled to a grumpy day here or there, I think most people will tell you that many ladies here are both professional and enthusiastic.

It sounds like CERB is a good spot for you. Stick around, read recommendations and the many thoughtful posts the ladies share, and I've no doubt you find someone who appeals that you can enjoy a mutually happy experience with. Good luck!

• Like 2

Hi Music Man and welcome to your first full fledged inclusion on CERB. Brad nailed it. You've lived your life by your rules, done what makes you happy and as you stated, you have no regrets. How many people in life can say THAT? To me, that says you know who you are and what you're all about so if you're looking for something, pursue it with passion because it's worked great for you.

AS Brad said, reading posts, websites, recommendations and talking to those ladies that attract you will give you a much clearer idea about how they feel being in this industry. It will also give you a better idea if they might be the lady for you. You've already got a solid basis, follow your instincts and you'll be golden.

Good luck and most of all, enjoy!

• Like 2

Exactly as Brad and Midnight say, live your life by your rules :)

Only you will know what truly makes you happy. Talk with whomever attracts you, ask questions, and then take steps to determine if they are the one you want to spend time with.

I do not believe that there is a lady on this site who would not welcome questions from a gentleman caller, I answer questions all the time.

Welcome to the start of your postings ;) Happy hunting

Raven

• Like 2

Thanks, everyone. I guess it was encouragement I was looking for and you've all been most helpful. What I've learned so far as a CERB member has demonstrated to me that this industry has grown up, and definitely has something to offer someone like me. Patience is a virtue, I'm certainly in no hurry, and I plan on maintaining my presence here. You've all shown me that CERB is a wonderful community, and bolstered my confidence that being a member here will ultimately lead to the experience I'm looking for. Cheers, all!