Graduation Gift?

Help please.

My kid is graduating from University this year (where does the time go?). Can anyone suggest an appropriate & modest graduation gift?

Does he/she have a job lined up in his/her chosen profession? If so, maybe something related to the chosen profession

Or get the degree professionally and custom framed

Perhaps a watch with something sentimental engraved on the back

Just a quick few I can think of

RG

Congrats....that is a big milestone and you must be proud.

A couple suggestions but they do depend on what their doing next like take some time and travel or begin working and have a job lined up.

- a nice watch might be good and you could have it engraved.

- portfolio and pen set especially if they'll be in an office environment. Could also consider a nice soft case. Graduate from the back pack but nicer than the hard side old looking briefcase.

- clothes are an option. Again especially if transitioning into a work environment that they don't have many clothes for. If you don't want to pick something out you could get them a gift card from a suitable shop.

- if travel is an option for a break could always give them aeroplan/airmiles. If you have some yourself you can also transfer them.

Hope some of those give you ideas....and enjoy the moment.

Cub

I may be a bit on the old fashion side but an engraved Cross pen set (or Mont Blanc if you have a larger budget) has been one of my favorites.

Perhaps now is the time for a discrete introduction to CERB.....

A professional photo shoot, on campus, possibly with his SO, but some alone too (you know, breakups and all). Good portraits from this pivotal moment in his life are a gift for a lifetime. To boot, parents and grandparents will love it as well.

best,

toine

A father & son canoe trip in the Baron River Canyon in Algonquin Park. It can be a 1 or 2 day trip depending upon where you start [altho for 2 days you'll have to carry much more; ie: food & shelter]. Rent a light weight canoe at the outfitters, east gate.

I'm with something related to work. Or something that the kid hasn't been able to do due to the time and $ of university. Is there something he has been doing without due to finances? New cel phone, laptop, some gadget?

i keep going back to modest, so am assuming that is an issue, and coming up short of ideas.

This might sound silly but i would suggest a photo shoot with you and your son....life flies by do fast the pictures will be something you and your son will cherish for the rest if your life.

Just my opinion

Unless they went to Saint Francis Xavier in NS where that ever so famous 'X' ring would be perfect, it's hard to say. My daughter graduated this spring from Dal and I picked out a hand crafted gold/silver pendant on a silver chain....I THINK she loves it.

When my daughter left university, she was pretty chuffed to leave with an honours degree. I think she was just so thankful and appreciative with all the contributions from dad and the grandparents, and her stint in the caf, she left with no debt hanging over her head. I handed her the keys to the old family sedan and she headed down the road.

Guest S*rca****sid

If you have a son graduating, I'm surprised (with the nature of this site) that no one has mentioned paying for a nice evening spent with one of the lovely ladies of Cerb?

I would be that would be a lasting memory he will have for the rest of his life.