Wigs: sexy or not?

Unlike our African-American girlfriends who wear wigs like we wear lipstick - it is totally part of their beauty routine - and who can enjoy changing hairdos as they wish, it seems to me that for the rest of us it is not perceived the same way. But I might be wrong. Wearing a wig: sexy or not sexy? I am looking forward to reading your answers!

It seems that my thread is not inspiring you lol But I really would like your point of view about wigs. And if you happen to know a very good store in Ottawa for wigs, please let me know! Thanks everybody ;-)

• Like 1

I'll come down on the side of them being fun and sexy. Like trying out a new hairdo or outfit, I imagine getting to sport a completely different style or colour at a whim would be fun and convenient. An easy way to add a bit of variety too.

So yes, a playful change (though running ones fingers through real hair is awfully enjoyable too...).

• Like 1

I've always wondered the same thing..but worried if someone tried to touch the wig in the heat of the moment. I'm not familiar but curious.. I always wanted to try something different..Brunette Bob cut wig..a.k.a. Natasha the Russian Spy. lol.

• Like 3

Depends on the wig, I think. If it's something fanciful (a green bob? long purple locks?) it can be sexy in a playful kind of way.

• Like 1

It may be beautiful and nice to look at, but not on a lady who I am having sexy fun with. It will be embarrassing if in the heat of the moment, it falls off when I run my fingers through her hair.

• Like 1

Well I LOVE to change my hair all the time and a wig seems like such a hot way to do so . I have purchased several high ends ones , long , short in between . Here is the bummer for me , no matter what I do they come off .

If you just want to sit and look sexy awesome , but for me anything more and off it slides . Not sexy .

Yes I've pinned them down from the inside just as shown . I'm open to all ideas !

• Like 1

I have used many hair pieces , I love clip in additions, wigs , all sorts of things. I often have extention braids in as well. I love the fact it gives you freedom to play with your looks and not ruin the health of our hair.

However a full wig can be very tricky to use, as we are textile people, lol. Touching and being touched is what we do and a wig can change that. Great for albums as long as it is close to your appearance at the time.

I like this thread, glad u brought it up!

Edited by Studio 110 by Sophia
  • Like 1

Guest **cely***r***ne

I love the look of wigs! I have had a few in the past, but gave up..unless you can somehow manage to glue them on my head they fall off...every time.

It is embarrassing in the moment to say the least. Picture it...Hot beautiful golden curled hair.

"wow I love your hair"

And there it goes falling off on your clients face, your hair underneath in a hair net sweaty and stuck to your head like something from a scary movie.

It was NOT COOL.

So I have human hair clip in extensions now if I want longer hair.. :s

It seems that my thread is not inspiring you lol But I really would like your point of view about wigs. And if you happen to know a very good store in Ottawa for wigs, please let me know! Thanks everybody ;-)

I happen to know an excellent store in Ottawa, it's called Mama Cee it's at 1020 St. Laurent Blvd, they have a good selection and decent price too. You are going to ask me why does a man know where to get this stuff? I know because I get some extension for my wife once a year or so, btw get the ones with real hair they are a bit more $$ but worth it unless its only for fun.

Like mentioned before they could fall off during the heat of the moment or you can feel the clips on the scalp but some are better then other.

PS. If you need a hand to put them in, I can offer my help because I put them on my wife hair all the time. Takes about 30 minutes to put them in right.

I know you asked for wigs but extensions are like wigs and you can get the wigs there too!

• Like 1

Oh my god Maraena! Thank you very much for sharing this story. OK, got it about the danger of the wigs now ;-)

I love the look of wigs! I have had a few in the past, but gave up..unless you can somehow manage to glue them on my head they fall off...every time.

It is embarrassing in the moment to say the least. Picture it...Hot beautiful golden curled hair.

"wow I love your hair"

And there it goes falling off on your clients face, your hair underneath in a hair net sweaty and stuck to your head like something from a scary movie.

It was NOT COOL.

So I have human hair clip in extensions now if I want longer hair.. :s

Additional Comments:

Thanks a lot NotchJohnson! Will look out this store in Ottawa. Ah, and since you are also a hairdresser in your spare time, I might have to hire you for some extensions session ;-)

I happen to know an excellent store in Ottawa, it's called Mama Cee it's at 1020 St. Laurent Blvd, they have a good selection and decent price too. You are going to ask me why does a man know where to get this stuff? I know because I get some extension for my wife once a year or so, btw get the ones with real hair they are a bit more $$ but worth it unless its only for fun.

Like mentioned before they could fall off during the heat of the moment or you can feel the clips on the scalp but some are better then other.

PS. If you need a hand to put them in, I can offer my help because I put them on my wife hair all the time. Takes about 30 minutes to put them in right.

I know you asked for wigs but extensions are like wigs and you can get the wigs there too!

I use to wear wigs all the time when I first started a couple years back ...

I wore them because I use to have very short hair and I thought long hair is sexier and also since I was new at the time to the business I liked the fact I could disguise myself..

Wigs work best usually for black ladies because of the courseness of their hair it almost locks the wig into place, for ladies with hair like myself, soft and straight its enevitable that it will slip and slide around and the longer ur hair is the more it will slip. It stinks for me because I really do love wearing wigs I love that I can go from short and straight to long luscious and curly in seconds and not mention all the colors u can wear without having to damage ur hair !!

Lol it's happen to me a few times in heavy heated sessions I start feeling my wig slipping back and you try to hold on to it. But most of the time the guys really don't care if it falls off or not, and they understand that some sp really dress up and disguise ourself with hair, lashes makeup etc...

I also noticed the longer my natural hair got the harder it became to keep it on.. Now my natural hair is long enough that I like wearing it naturally..

I definetely recommend if your hair is natural soft and somewhat straight to go for clip ins much more secure. I sew my hair into the clips myself and I double the track to make it fuller.

But if anyone does go for wigs I recommend lace fronts very realistic looking

• Like 1

Guest *Ste***cque**

On here most guys would probably just pick a different looking girl than the same girl with a wig. Not me, I find them very sexy, especially for role play.

Well I LOVE to change my hair all the time and a wig seems like such a hot way to do so . I have purchased several high ends ones , long , short in between . Here is the bummer for me , no matter what I do they come off .

If you just want to sit and look sexy awesome , but for me anything more and off it slides . Not sexy .

Yes I've pinned them down from the inside just as shown . I'm open to all ideas !

Sew weave clip inside near the temples and behind where your ears would be at the nape of the neck. They are about 60 cents at any beauty supply, tiny combs about the size of a looney. Should sit nice and snug then...

• Like 2

Depending on the the amount you are looking to spend and if their are any other issues as to why you may want/need a wig, Caralyn's wigs on Merivale Rd. has quite the selection of synthetic and human hair wigs.

• Like 1