Actor Robin Williams Dead

A fine line between depression and joy. Freddie Prinze, Richard Pryor, Lenny Bruce, John Belushi, Chris Farley and now Robin Williams. His mentor and idol Jonathan Winters suffered with depression for years.

Sad day!

Peace

MG

• Like 3

Guest N***he**Ont**y

He had amazing talent in whatever character he was playing. My favorite was Mrs Doubtfire.

Guest Ou**or**n

This is so sad for me to hear. I first knew him from Mork and Mindy and then watches his career grow with his stand-up albums (yes, I owned a couple) and then truly take off with movies such as 'Good Morning Vietnam'. He was a genius in Aladdin and also made some very good dramas such as 'Good Will Hunting'. For me he was comedy and he will be missed.

Yeah, that's so sad.

I'm thankful for the work he did while he was here, and I wish his personal and internal lives could have been happier.

EDIT: I was prompted to go back and look at some of his work, and while I have a half-dozen favourites this one struck me as apt for today:

Edited by MightyPen

he was a great actor. a few of my favourite movies that he was in are, Mrs. Doubtfire and Jack. also remember him from Mork & Mindy, and Happy Days. I even saw him perform his comedy here in Ottawa a few years back, it was really really funny. RIP Robin

Incredibly iconic man, insanely talented actor, hilarious comedian and a caring soul. He will be missed by so many. RIP, Robin. I'm so sad your head was in the place it was to make you feel that was your only option :(

Depression is a devastating illness that society still refuses to acknowledge.

• Like 1

A super talented and versatile performer, Robin Williams will be sorely missed.

Today is a sad day indeed.

It feels like there's a little less joy in the world right now. It wasn't just his comedic brilliance or his understated skill as a performer, but the manic joy he exuded. When he spoke it was impossible not to smile. You just know his kids were always laughing. If it was indeed suicide, then may he be at peace and rest where they can't find them.

Not really sure what it is with all these on the edge type of people. Robin Williams was very cunning, awesome actor, but obviously needed to have a high all the time with work, etc. And when you don't have it, hard to find the right place in life.... very tragic and sad.

Guest ***t***iv***
So sad such an incredible talent !

The brighter the light the darker the shadow

I like that quote.

Such devastating news, my heart goes out to his loved ones and to all who loved him. Coping with the grief is so hard when it's so unexpected, like suicide. For those left behind, a tragedy, for sure. I take comfort in knowing that he has peace now. I hope his family can also find their peace in knowing that he is not suffering any longer.

Mental illness and specifically depression, is a terrible demon I would not wish on my worst enemy. Someone so loved by the world deserves the peace he finally found.

RIP Robin Williams. I am so thankful he made the world a happier place, especially for the people who, like him, live in a world of sadness. Thank you Robin Williams, you will be missed.

Guest K***e D****ls

I usually don't get overly emotional with celebrity passings, but this time I cried for personal reasons and because Robin Williams is like that uncle that everyone just adores. Something about him resonated with so many people. He exuded kindness and warmth. It's heartbreaking how he didn't feel that himself. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

I read a quote on twitter last night: 'He made us laugh so many times in his life. We can forgive him this one time for making us cry.'

Guest *Ste***cque**

Very sad.

His mania was over the top. I can barely imagine the flip side when depression came calling. Sometimes the pain can seem too great.

All we can do now is send positive thoughts for him and his family.