Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you believe in ghosts? Do you have any real-life ghost stories or paranormal encounters to share? I absolutely LOVE real-life ghost stories. I've always wanted to experience something from the other realm but I've never been fortunate enough. Please share any stories you may have. Thanks!

My mother is a psychic and a medium. I believe I have psychic abilities just not to her ability. I have been around this sort of thing all my life. My mother is comparable to the the woman on the show "Long Island Medium". She is errie that she scares me sometimes.

They say everyone is psychic but not everyone wants to or is aware of it so their abilities are not honed. Younger people are more apt to seeing ghosts because they aren't told to not believe or be scared. I have seen ghosts and I don't like visiting cemetaries. I also pick up on people's energy and one time started reading someone and they aksed me how I knew these thing. Sometimes that is heavy on me and I have to do meditation to release energy from someone else.

I did go to San Francisco 11 years ago and visited Alcatraz and took a picture with a man who was a former inmate and doing a book signing there that day. When I put the pictures back on my laptop at the hotel, there was a faint figure in the background with an old looking face. Just the face. I also have pictures of myself and my sisters when we were younger and there are orbs everywhere in the picture.

Yes I saw something of a paranormal experience last month.. not so much a ghost. I saw a male figure with large wings and a red gladiator type outfit swinging a sword on my bedroom wall and it stayed there for 10 minutes. I was freaked out but then it was a very calming, peaceful experience. I was going through somewhat of a difficult week and believe the person I saw was a protection angel in my faith..archangel Michael. It was like a holgram figure.

I come from a Catholic background and I believe in an afterlife, ghosts, angels and everything in between because I've seen them! Not a ghost story but I did have Jesus appear to me in a dream and that is rare! A time when I needed some sort of comforting in my life. I will never forget that.

Those are my paranormal experiences. Whether people believe it or not, I know what I saw.

Weird things happening with me lately in a good way but I feel more grounded. The numbers below I keep seeing everywhere, every single day! I believe i'm having some sort of spiritual awakening.

Edited by Nicolette Vaughn
  • Like 5

Lets say while I don't believe in ghosts, neither do I believe ghosts don't exists, I wouldn't be surprised if they did exist, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't exist

I however don't believe in honest politicians...they're rarer than ghosts...honest politicians, just a myth

RG

I'm in the same boat as romaingguy on this - I neither believe nor disbelieve, since I haven't had any personal experiences. Unless we've seen something, how can we know? Like the OP I do find ghost stories intriguing and fascinating though!

Guest N***he**Ont**y

My late Uncle had a 200 year old farmhouse in JerseyVille which is a few minutes outside of Brantford Ontario. He would always give me the same bedroom every visit with a laugh because I would always complain how cold it was in that bedroom. I would always shiver and shake in that room with the feeling I was being watched. The whole family would say it was the original farmers wife's ghost. I was always happy to get out of that house after the visit ended.

Edited by N***he**Ont**y
spelling

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

I believe in spirit. Its the same concept as turning on a light switch, the energy is there with you when you turn it on, but it's still there after you turn it off as well. The energy doesn't simply disappear, it's still very much around; its just not in a physical from which we can see in front of us. Like the light bulb turning on.

Have you ever had a "gut feeling" about something? Or just felt something was off? Odds are you were picking up on the energy surrounding it. We all have it and transmit it. Heck on a cellular level it's what we are made up of...We are made up of tons and tons of molecules that vibrate so fast we can hardly see them...and what do those tiny molecules give off and produce...energy. The reason why I'm explaining this is because when we are able to see the connection it makes a little more sense as to why we can sense some things.

As for myself, I am open to it. I am a vessel that is used for many different tasks. As a result, I've been able to experience some pretty interesting things. I've learn a great deal and I've also been able to help a few people along my journey. ^_^

All I'm gonna say is be open to it. You don't have to say you believe, but just try to be open to receiving and experiencing it.

I believe in spirit. Its the same concept as turning on a light switch' date=' the energy is there with you when you turn it on, but it's still there after you turn it off as well. The energy doesn't simply disappear, it's still very much around; its just not in a physical from which we can see in front of us. Like the light bulb turning on.

Have you ever had a "gut feeling" about something? Or just felt something was off? Odds are you were picking up on the energy surrounding it. We all have it and transmit it. Heck on a cellular level it's what we are made up of...We are made up of tons and tons of molecules that vibrate so fast we can hardly see them...and what do those tiny molecules give off and produce...energy. The reason why I'm explaining this is because when we are able to see the connection it makes a little more sense as to why we can sense some things.

As for myself, I am open to it. I am a vessel that is used for many different tasks. As a result, I've been able to experience some pretty interesting things. I've learn a great deal and I've also been able to help a few people along my journey. ^_^

All I'm gonna say is be open to it. You don't have to say you believe, but just try to be open to receiving and experiencing it.[/quote']

You are most likely what's called a lightworker and a higher vibrational being whereas earth is low vibrational energy.

Here's a prediction..

Stephen Harper will resign as Prime Minister as a result of a scandal involving 3 people in the Conservative government. Someone is going to blow the whistle.

• Like 1

I have never seen a ghost but have had many strong experiences that brought me to other stages of consciousness or dimensions, I would say. And without trying to trigger them. Needless to say, I was not under the influence of drugs or medications each time this happened. I do not wish to describe these experiences though because I don't think people would believe me. Anything is possible, we live in an infinite universe, so what do we really know...

• Like 1

Do I believe in ghosts? No. And yes. While I don't believe in the conventional definition of ghosts (why do ghosts supposedly appear wearing the clothes they died in? do they're clothes have spirits that pass with them? wouldn't hospitals be the most haunted places in the world?), but I've had a few experiences that lead me to believe that there is more in Heaven and Earth than what we can currently sense or logically explain. I don't believe anyone really knows for certain and that, given time, we can eventually understand the pasts of nature where such phenomenon reside. But until then, ghost stories around the campfire are always fun.

I don't think ghosts appear in their earth form but rather come as an energy you can feel. When I was a kid I remember a "light" or a form leaning on my shelving unit. It was not in the form of anything in particular but I remember it did not instill fear in me but rather a calm. I was a kid that would lay awake in fear of the dark. Well that was the night my grandfather passed away and when I was told the next day my mother said she felt as if I had already known. I was 6 at the time.

• Like 1

Guest Cr**gCa***ng

I just keep an open mind about many of these things even though I have had no personal experience whatsoever with the paranormal and all of my family is deceased. Whether I believe or not in ghosts is moot as the spirit world as we know it or think we know it may or may not exist. Much akin to alien life forms it would be arrogant on my part to think that humans on earth are the only intelligent life forms in the universe. I believe in a "higher power" and that we and the universe was created (somehow) by something. Some people have a heightened awareness or sensitivity to that or those that we cannot feel or see. I am not one of them but just because I cannot see or feel something doesn't mean it does not exist.

I believe in spirit. Its the same concept as turning on a light switch' date=' the energy is there with you when you turn it on, but it's still there after you turn it off as well. The energy doesn't simply disappear, it's still very much around; its just not in a physical from which we can see in front of us. Like the light bulb turning on.

All I'm gonna say is be open to it. You don't have to say you believe, but just try to be open to receiving and experiencing it.[/quote']

Guest A*******ue

A friend of mine messaged me from British Columbia where he recently traveled to work on an old farm with some horses. He told me that late at night fine he has been there he would hear someone stomping up and down the stairs, it would startle him enough he would get out of bed and it was disrupting his sleep. Much to his surprise he soon met many people in the town who confirmed it was haunted. It is believed to be haunted by an old man who owned the land sometime ago and spent his life working in the fields. He would stomp up and down the stairs at night, make noises, enough to have numerous people who lived there report it to the Owners. They were able to get the ghost to stop making noises late at night and stomping up the stairs, by way of some kind of intention statements ceremony? Im not exactly sure. Either way.. he was a huge disbeliever, turned bonafide believer. I have always believed in ghosts and spirits but have never had such an experience myself. Pretty interesting to hear about it from the viewpoint and experience of a close friend.

Everyone should read How to Hunt Ghosts: A Practical Guide (2003) by Joshua P. Warren. Warren is a paranormal researcher and in his book, he explains via scientific terms how ghosts can exist. To wit, ghosts are remnants of our bodies' energy field. He also explains why ghosts appear (if they appear at all) at night and almost always in the winter season. He also explains the reason for white orbs and why those orbs are always round. All in all, his book is definitely something you should read simply to gain a different persepctive on the (scientific) existence of ghosts. An extra bonus is that portions of the book are genuinely blood-curdlingly spooky.

Keep the lights on!!

Does anyone else have any more real-life ghost stories to share?

I don't believe in ghosts. I have never believed in them, and I have not seen anything that indicates the possibility of their existence.

History has shown that past mysteries that appeared paranormal have been debunked by science. I am confident that in time, rational, scientific explanations will be able to answer any of the paranormal activities of today.

Actually, I'm wrong. I do believe in the sock and key stealing spirits. Those guys are bastards.

• Like 1

Let's put it to you this way. I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts per say, but I have certainly experienced my fair share of very, very strange occurrences back in the UK! They say the UK is one of the most haunted places on earth...I tend to concur!

My then 5 year old daughter would complain about ghosts stealing her halloween candy, that was why the bag seemed to empty so quickly - ergo they must exist.............

• Like 1

I don't suppose you have to believe in ghosts to know that we are all haunted, all of us, by things we can see and feel and guess at, and many more things that we can't. The people you love become the ghosts inside you, and you keep them alive.