When was the last time your were blatantly honest?

Today I had the opportunity to confront myself. I went to a local bakery on Elgin St. and purchased something for $2.95. Not a large amount, however, I believed I gave the owner a 20$ bill.

Once back in my apartment, I'd realized that I gave him a ten. I went back to this gentlemans bakery and proceeded to explain what had happened. I apologized for MY MISTAKE, as I really thought I gave a $20.

I gave the gentlemen his correct change, I actually thought about not going, as I was tired, feeling lazy etc., when I realized, hey, you'd not appreciate this in a reverse scenario.

Hands down decision.

Happy ending: the gentleman was happy for me wrestling with my conscious. It was a great, up lifting moment. Sometimes it pays not to be lazy, when you see the happy, enlightened face of honesty.

Edited by sexylorraina
Made a mathematical mistake
  • Like 9

Guest *Ste***cque**

I almost always correct a mistake, whether it's in my favor or not. When it happens it's usually in my favor and it happens to me quite a bit at restaurants. Lot's of times the server forgot to charge for a bottle of wine or dessert or drinks beforehand. I sometimes joke with my wife to "start the car, start the car" to let her know the bill is wrong and in our favor. I nevertheless call the server over and tell her she forgot to charge me for an item. If it's a bottle of wine they always correct it and thank me. Sometimes they'll tell me "my treat" if it's dessert.

It would feel wrong to knowingly take advantage of an error, especially if it's a bit of money.

On a trip to Spain several years ago a woman in the group we were travelling with told me she bought a few expensive rugs in Morocco that day and they made a mistake taking her credit card info and the charge didn't go through. She was pleased about it and when I suggested she try and contact the merchant and fix things she thought I was nuts!

She may not have been able to fix it but it was her attitude that makes the world a shitty place sometimes. Honesty is the best policy, except maybe when it comes to unsolicited advice.

This morning.

Now I cannot write in the, "I Like/Positivity Thread," anymore because I would be a thread killer. :) Gonna try and earn back my name. LOL.

This morning.

Now I cannot write in the, "I Like/Positivity Thread," anymore because I would be a thread killer. :) Gonna try and earn back my name. LOL.

It's hard not to like you...because what can I say...you are nice.

You are complimentary, generous, honest, ethical and a complete gentleman and you throw a pretty good kitchen party to boot.

I was at the bar the other day and the bar tender forgot to include the shots I had ordered for me and a friend who was celebrating an important milestone. I pointed out to her, but she cheerfully said those were on the house, so I made sure I upped the tip.

• Like 1