Worst presents from cats

Cats are well-documented sociopaths. They like randomly attacking your feet while you sleep, they like extremely expensive cat food by the name of "seafood buffet from under the sea infused with gold dust and the tears of humans", and they like emotional manipulation.

Which brings me to their sadistic concept of gift-giving.

My cat ignored my 30th birthday back in May. No presents, no well-wishes, nothing. Until this month.

She has gifted me with:

2 dead pigeons in varying states of decomposition.

1 bug that was so big it must have migrated here from the Jurassic period.

But I still love her!

Has anyone else received gifts from their cats?

• Like 3

I receive gifts from my cat almost daily. I totally get that it's intuition and natural instinct and she thinks she's providing for her family... But I'd really rather a steak! Lol

I have received birds in varying states of decomposition, dead mice and shrews as well as a dead baby bunny. GAH!

I know she loves me -- but the sweet thing needs to shop somewhere else ;)

• Like 2

A cat belonging to my girlfriend at the time once presented me with a dead bat!

I love the description of sociopath. Fitting.

As I run a cat rescue I have anywhere from 3 to 10 cars around. Right now I only have the 3. Girls are better hunters then boys though.

I have one that brings me snakes. I was worried when I went to Arizona and worried she would come home with a rattler. She looks like foo man choo when she has a snake.

One day I was complaining about one of the males being so lazy. Only the girls it seemed to be hunters. He looked at me and literally 5 minutes later brought home the biggest mouse.

One of my mother cats brought a mouse inside for her babies to catch. I understood but was not impressed.

They understand English, so be careful what you say when they are around.

• Like 2

I am lucky if I can get a kiss from my cat once or twice a year. Although he is an excellent cuddler. He likes to cuddle when ever I lay down or am sitting on the couch.

My cat once brought me a rabbit in his mouth and I yelled at him to drop it and the rabbit hopped away. This rabbit was still alive in his mouth and he carried him all the way home. lol. My cat used to run the neighborhood. I used to receive dead little mice on the front door step and once a rabbit's head full of blood. He spent most of his time outdoors and loved it. He also used to attack large dogs if they ever lifted their leg on the lawn. He once jumped a Rotweiller in my presence and one time ran out of the house while I was bringing in groceries attacking a Siberian Husky who stepped on the property as the owner was walking him. They said they had never seen a cat do that. I miss him. He was crazy once riding to work with my neighbor under the hood of his car without incident. lol. This was after being hit by a car with a crushed lung and broken leg as a younger cat.. He had nine lives for sure! He always thought of me and brought gifts when he wasn't acting crazy! lol. He lived to be 15 years old.

• Like 1

Bunnies? Bats? Mice? These cats are deranged.

There is another thing they do which could be a delightful gift to humans or it could just be a function of cats: the vomiting.

She only seems to do it in my presence. Is it a gift? Or a judgement of my character?

• Like 1

Bunnies? Bats? Mice? These cats are deranged.

There is another thing they do which could be a delightful gift to humans or it could just be a function of cats: the vomiting.

She only seems to do it in my presence. Is it a gift? Or a judgement of my character?

I didn't realize cats do that too, ie., vomiting after eating grass as Nicolette mentions. I remember seeing my dogs doing this. They will run out to the back yard, eat and chew some grass ( they choose only fine grass tips ) and then force themselves to vomit. It seems quite torturous, but I have a feeling that this is their way of getting rid of something bad that they have eaten previously - a natural way of curing a stomach ailment, I suppose.

Edited by Luckyme

Oh yeah! And they heave a bunch before vomiting. It's horrible! Mainly because it looks painful for them, poor munchkins :( But with my cat it's probably a symptom of having overeaten :)

I didn't realize cats do that too, ie., vomiting after eating grass as Nicolette mentions. I remember seeing my dogs doing this. They will run out to the back yard, eat and chew some grass ( they choose only fine grass tips ) and then force themselves to vomit. It seems quite torturous, but I have a feeling that this is their way of getting rid of something bad that they have eaten previously - a natural way of curing a stomach ailment, I suppose.
  • Like 1

Cats vomiting reminds me of a scene in "Shrek" where Puss in Boots coughs up a hair ball! It was hilarious!

• Like 1

Yes, it's that kind of ordeal. I loved Puss in Boots in that movie so much!

Today's gift from my cat: a bag of old, dead, yellow sandwich meat. Delightful! Like beef jerky!

She was very proud though :pimp:

My cat used to bring me baby bunnies :( the last time I was so upset with him and he knew it but his bunny killing days are over as his teeth got infected and he doesnt hunt anymore...thank God.

I also had an indoor cat that ventured onto my deck for fresh air...he used to catch leaves and bring them to me..so proud of himself !! he would drop it at my feet and look at me for approval ...he became known as the leaf killer lol it was so cute !! :))

• Like 1

My cat is for some reason always bringing me my own lingerie. She like the bra strings and the string thongs and attacks them if they're anywhere in the room. I have to lock myself in the bathroom while I'm dressing for a date so she doesn't jump me!

My cat jumped a Doberman last week while he was crossing the street as I wad pulling into the laneway. He is an outdoor cat. I got an earful for that one. I guess they never saw a cat who has enough balls to confront a big dog like that.

Another crazy cat I have who likes to attack dogs. All the cats I've had were or are nuts except for one. He was the submissive for the other two who used to beat on him daily just for shits and giggles.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

Guest M****ella's C****s (retire

When I know I am staying away over night I make sure to scoop his litter and leave him ample food and water. I do that right before I leave. When I get back if I haven't remembered to put my shoes away or up off the floor I will find little poo presents in them!! >.< I get the silent treatment and he ignores me for the first little while I'm home....He use to do that almost every time. He doesn't do the presents in my shoes thing anymore, but I definitely still get the whole I'm angry at you mom, so I'm gonna try to resist you, I'm not gonna rub up against you. I won't get petties, or loves, or snuggles from you.

It's kind of funny, and adorable how hard he tries to be a snob, in the end he always caves and turns into a huge snuggle bum. I love my minou! ^_^

Feathers - searched hi and low for the rest of it, but nothing. Just feathers, and a very content girl licking herself.

A feline mystery! I hope it was a good meal!

Today I received regurgitated rubber band mixed with two sequins. What? There are no sequins in my house!

Meow meow meow, says I.

Worst presents from cats?

More cats.

Yeah, I'm a sweet'n'sour catball kinda guy. :P

YES, by far the worst- more cats. Or worse yet, a cat choir.

Yes, I'm sure you miss the unique cologne of cat 'donations'

:) :) :) xoxooxox

Okay not so much and I don't miss the fur everywhere but they are great companions to snuggle with. :) All worth it in the end even after nasty puke on the floor when they are old and can't make it to the litter box quickly anymore. I still love em'!

I was eating fake crabmeat once and my ex's cat seemed to love it, so I gave it all it could eat. Not much later, it had a huge amount of pink diarrhea everywhere. I played innocent and said, "It's your cat!" :P

• Like 1