Introducing myself, and offering information

I'm new here, and saying "hello."

After having read with great delight the benevolent approach behind this particular board, I was happy to sign up. The contrast with some of the other boards "out there" is stark! Ironically, the sub-culture here makes for a self-selecting higher-quality group of people, not unlike the dress code at a fine restaurant (and as to the latter, I have an off-topic but not-off-colour personal-experience story that some might enjoy; please ask if you're interested).

It's a fine line as to how to present myself without coming across as offering my services, because probably what most sets me apart (ostensibly) is that I am a transexual girl and a passive one at that, which adjective has nothing to do with my personality and only describes what I do and don't do with clients, in bed (even though the shape of my private parts would seem to hypothetically enable a wider set of activities than ends up being offered to my clients).

The key word in the previous paragraph is "ostensibly." As to my brain structure, i.e., mentally, emotionally, etc. I'm just one more girl, and the plumbing is relatively unimportant even if visually paradoxical. What makes me female is how my brain works, not how my crotch is shaped (or how it was shaped at birth).

I delayed "coming out" and tried to deny a mountain of circumstantial evidence that screamed "you're a girl, admit it" and I insisted on taking the Internet-based Stanford University BEM test and that finally helped push me over the edge and laid my final doubts to rest. As it turns out I'm not just fundamentally female but as to where I fit into the female scale from ... how do I say this ... from "butch dressed in paramilitary gear" to "giggling girl dressed in pink" ... I'm at the 85th percentile, which means if you put me in a group with 19 other girls, then on average I'd be the 3rd most feminine.

And so here I am, celebrating my unusual flavor of femininity by monetizing it.

I'm sometimes asked to address University students or to speak at social events, and I'm open as to everything I do. If you have any questions for me as to the whole transgender / transexual aspect, and/or its implications, please feel free to ask me. If you prefer to send me a private message, that's fine, or if you ask via a question thread (of which you make me aware), that's fine too.

Transexual issues are enveloped in mass confusion and that may apply to you even if you're nice and accepting, so there's a lot to learn in this field, and new developments (like the recent Dutch scientists' autopsy work, and the US APA DSM-V work) are happening quickly. It's hard to keep up.

Transexual girls are coming out of the woodwork left and right now that it's understood to be a genetic anomaly, not a mental illness.

Happy to be here! The above is, I realize now, rather bland, but if your questions are about sexy subjects more relevant to girls like me, e.g., A-levels, then that's totally fine too.

I own my own small custom software development company so if you're still using MS Excel spreadsheets to run your business, and wondering why you're working such long hours, we should talk!!

.Tanya