HELP. Videos ready but cannot send them!!!

I'm so excited to finally have my first vid's from Ottawa ready to send but I cannot get them to attach...they seem to load forever but nothing happens..HELP!

How large are they ? Sounds like you may have exceeded the limit for email.

How large are they ? Sounds like you may have exceeded the limit for email.

One is 89.9mb which I dont think is over but I'm not that computer savvy. Umm the other I want to send is 106MB

So what can I do to get these sent via email!

thanx

Rachelle

One is 89.9mb which I dont think is over but I'm not that computer savvy. Umm the other I want to send is 106MB

Sorry I forgot to ask another question on my previous post.....which email service are you using.

gmail has a 20MB limit while hotmail/live has a 10MB limit (info from a Feb 2009 article).

Bell Sympatico states it doesn't have a limit but anything over 20MB might cause problems with the recipient's email.

Over the years many have increased to 16-20MB but many relays will truncate at 6MB still (the old standard) and many ISP's also truncate mail between 6 and 10MB.. 80+ is HUGE and way to big to use as a email attachments. You need to find a place to host this file and email the LINK to people to download it. Better yet, convert your video to flash using something like wildform's FLIX and upload the swf file.

I just googled it too and found this (looks like a free converter application) - NOTE: I have never used this or downloaded it so I do not know if it is safe and virus free or how it works but I am sure someone can suggest a simular one or give info on this.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/guides/dvd/free-SWF-FLV-video-converter-convert-video-to-SWF-FLV.htm

Guest **ng***1

I would suggest send them a few at a time. Keep it under 10 megs aand you shouldn't have a problem I know its time consuming but thats still the internet for ya. I hope they are not all one video.

So what can I do to get these sent via email!

thanx

Rachelle

Your best bet is to use a web service that allows you to transfer large files. Converting the video to make it smaller will be time consuming and using a program like WinRAR to cut it up into chunks means you're sending 10-20 large emails to send 2 videos.

There's a few services out there like YouSendIt or MailBigFile. The recepient just gets an email with a link to click on as the file will be stored elsewhere. Since they are free, there's still limitations like file size and number of recepients, but it's the simplest way to do it.

There's also stuff like Pando that does the same thing, but both the sender and recepient have to install software on their system, and some people don't like doing that for fear of malware.

Rachelle

You can use Winzip or another Zip Utility that allows you to password protect the file(s). This way the material is more secure if it is of private nature. Then upload to a free hosting site.

You will get a URL that you can then email the recipent(s) and give them the password to the Zipped file.

Hope this helps.

FYI

File hosting services let you store files online so you or anyone else can access them from anywhere in the world.

There are many reasons to use a free online file hosting service, but some important ones are:

• They are oftentimes free with unlimited online storage capacity
  • You can use them to share files that are too big to send over email with family, friends, or colleagues.
  • They provide extra redundancy when you backup important files.
  • By far the most important for many users, you are a file sharer looking for a place to upload and distribute movies, games, or software.

Limitations of Online Storage Solutions

Most file hosting services have some sort of upload and download limit, but you'll find several in the list below that are very generous with their bandwidth. Also keep in mind that files stored in free accounts may be automatically deleted if no downloads are detected for some period of time (such as 30 consecutive days).

Many sites also offer uploading tools to make it easier to bulk upload files.

In the list below, I mainly focus on ease of usability with regard to end-users a.k.a. downloaders. That means I'm mainly looking at whether or not there are download limits or CAPTCHAs put in place to conserve bandwidth or prevent automated downloads. However, I also point out upload limits in certain cases, but for the most part, restrictions on uploaders are less extreme so they are less important in evaluating file hosting services. In the worst case, it's generally more important to determine whether you can get your file off a remote server that you have no control over and with the least amount of hindrance.

Some Free File Hosting Services

1. MediaFire is my favorite file hosting service. No CAPTCHAs are required to download files, and there are no download limits. Review

2. SendSpace is another site that doesn't require CAPTCHAs, but may sometimes run out of bandwidth. Uploads are capped at 300 MB per file.

3. iFile, formerly known as Mihd, is a very nice hosting service that lets you download files with a download accelerator such as Free Download Manager or FlashGet. No CAPTCHAs necessary and no download limits.

4. RapidShare is at the moment the most popular file hosting service in the world. Downloads are generally fast, and you can find virtually any kind of file on RapidShare. However, the download limits are very strict.

5. Megaupload is number one in the US, but trails RapidShare at number two in the worldwide ranking. Download limits are more generous than RapidShare's, but Megaupload does limit the number of download slots per country.

6. zSHARE offers unlimited downloads, and you can upload files up to 100 MB. The service is completely ad-financed so there isn't any premium service.

7. Badongo lets you upload files up to 1 GB without space limitations. Non-registered users get to download 4.8 GB per day.

8. Driveway offers a clean interface for managing your files online. However, you can only get 2 GB of storage space free. No download limits though.

9. PicsHome lets you store both files and images online. The free account does support download accelerators, but caps bandwidth at 30 KB/s.

10. FileFactory lets you upload regular files along with slideshows and software. Annoyingly, you have to click through multiple pages to download files however.

11. Deposit Files requires both a CAPTCHA and 60 second waiting time before download starts.

12. Furk.net lets you upload files of any size with unlimited downloads. The catch is that big files are split into multiple RAR archives so you can't download large files as one file. A premium feature even lets you download BitTorrent files over HTTP.

13. DivShare debuted strongly with many nice features, but it has slowly restricted service (even banning users in China and Southeast Asia from using the service). You can upload files up to 200 MB. Download limits depend on account type.

14. FlyUpload lets you upload files up to 2 GB in size. No CAPTCHAs needed to download. No download limits.

15. GigaSize offers somewhat generous download limits for free users with upload sizes capped at 300 MB.

16. Uploaded.to doesn't require CAPTCHAs to download files, but you might have to wait a couple seconds for the download button to become active.

17. Files.to is fully ad-supported so everything is free. You can upload files up to 100 MB with unlimited downloads.

18. TurboUpload lets you upload files up to 100 MB, but limits downloads for free users.

Thanx guys I'm give these a try, if not I may need to drop into Ottawa for another shoot and bring the vids in person....now that I've edited alot the process wont take 3 months...lol!

Again Thanx for all your help!