Advice on Silver Dollar

Hi all,

I haven't been out to a club in probably about 2 years and am thinking about heading out to have some fun. I've got two questions:

1) Would anyone mind sharinig their thoughts about the Silver Dollar?

2) Are champagne rooms still banned or what does a private dance look like now? Is their privacy and is there touching?

Thanks a million for your help!

I ahve not been to the dollar in a long time though was not bad then but can't comment now. The place used to be a real dive then they did a renovation about 2 or 3 years ago. Typical expierience there. My likes ..... The NUDEN I think is the best in Ottawa and have gone a bit to Playmate in vanier. Barbs is supposed to be real good as well, if you go there look up Jayda ..... tiny oriental lady and say Hi. I avoid the market .... too many college kids.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I haven't been out to a club in probably about 2 years and am thinking about heading out to have some fun. I've got two questions:

1) Would anyone mind sharinig their thoughts about the Silver Dollar?

2) Are champagne rooms still banned or what does a private dance look like now? Is their privacy and is there touching?

The dollar is a dive and the 'private' viewing area looks like a locker room. If you're looking for a place to get hammered and puke on the floor, this is probably the place to go. Otherwise, don't bother.

And from what I remember at the Dollar, there's signs everywhere about not touching the girls due to the bylaws, but the girls just tell you to ignore them ;)

Thanks for the advice. I think I might avoid the Dollar and head somewhere else instead.

Any suggestions on where to go for good private dances/mileage? I know there are some posts on this topic but I know that clubs go through phases of different dancers and different levels of permitted mileage so I'm looking for some really current info.

The Dollar can be hit and miss, but there are some gems there. It is not as crowded as some of the downtown clubs, and in my experience the mileage may be a little bit better there. It has a bad rep, but it really is not as bad as some have said, and there are a lot of dive bars downtown that are worse.

Guest *e*****2

I was there a few months back, dropped in for a what the hell moment.

It was empty except for a few old guys and one girl. It was late afternoon and I used to hit Barbs all the time, this was disappointing.

The upside was one of hte owners bought me a beer and I chatted with him for a bit, it seems friday night is the only decent night.

Some more girls did show up later and I had a good private dance. Not great but has potential if they can turn it around.

I dunno. I have always liked it there. Lately they have spent some bucks adding new chairs to the private area, and removing the musty old carpets. Some of the ladies are fantastic. Me and my buddy Mann0 were fans of Jewel from the Dollar. Its like an old shoe, it just feels comfortable...imo

Run down and dirty.... garbage all over the champagne room floors. And they had typical "schoolroom" chair with no arms instead of the big comfy ones like at other clubs. I highly recommend another place.

• Like 1

Haven't been there in a while but with all clubs, it's sometimes hit and miss depending on whose working. Overall Silver Dollar is located close to home so for those nights I want a drink and a chance to chat with a few ladies - it works out fine. Jewel was one of my favourites.

Pigale still is my favorite. Daytime through until about 6 are the best and if you are lucky....you might get lucky with further options. it is turning somewhat into a brothel, there are a handful of girls who go that extra mile once they feel comfortable with you. it has a few very private areas where you don't feel like everyone is watching.

Jewel was a sweetheart at the Silver Dollar.

Haven't been there in a few years but as it been said, it's often hit & miss; could be awesome or could be boring as hell!

Like most have said in this thread the SD is hit or miss. Usually a miss. All the other SCs are out of the way so I sometimes visit the SD for a beer and see who is working the club. Visiting the SD is like visiting your local gambling establishment. You usually loose but on occasion you do win which keeps you coming back to the same place for the chance of another win. I believe the SD is under new management (recently) and has completed some renovations to spruce up the dingy atmosphere. My suggestion is the NuDen.

The SD has been spruced up abit. It is a good place to stop in for a beer if you are in the area, as others have said. Jewel & her sister (Chanel) were always fun but I miss Adele, the waitress more!

I've never posted on these boards before, but asking about the SD makes me want to share an anecdote of mine regarding the place from this past summer.

I live fairly close to the establishment, but had never gone because I'd always been warned away. However, I became single and felt like I might hop in one Saturday night about midnight on the way home from a friend's. The place was basically empty, but there were a few dancers lounging around. One came up to me to talk, we got along well enough. She asked me if I wanted to talk in the champagne stalls (whoever mentioned the feel of lockers hit it dead on). Anyway, we talked for maybe 15-20 minutes. No clothes came off, no dancing, no touching, I honestly just wanted to see the place so I had no expectations. However, she then asked for $200 for her time. I certainly got the impression that I'd better pay up too. That kind of left me with a bad taste and I haven't been back and most likely won't be. Just a heads up for anyone going.

(This story was meant to be humorous, I'm not bitter for the record, it gave me a great story to regale my friends with the next day. :-) )

Jewel and Mandy are dependable and seem to be there every weekend. They're nice to look at, personable, and talented in the CR. Sometimes there are a few other nice tomatoes, and there's always a rotten apple or two. My only problem is that there is always at least 1 break between dances. Worth a try if you want to avoid down town... otherwise, go down town. Have fun!

that got to be the worst strip club in ottawa.

they should give away drinks to attract people.

i think the best term for that is rusty nickel.

So the original question was advise on the Silver Dollar.So it is safe to say, stay freaking far away, it never was on my TDL anyways.

Seems the only people who go there are the BF's of the girls. The place is filthy, usually deserted and you wait through 5-6 songs before you even see a dancer on the stage.

Guest m**l

hi there,

lap dancers are still legal. just no contact. supposedly. i have danced all over ottawa and in hull...come see me i can give a private one!:bddog:

Well said Jazy. I have had crappy times at the Dollar and I have had great times at the Dollar. And I can say that about any other club as well.

The quality of the Dancers varies from time to time, but on the whole they are the same quality you find in any other club in the Ottawa/Gatineau area. Granted the decor leaves something to be desired, but it is more intimate and you can get more time talking with the dancers.

I have been going there for longer than I care to remember, (although I haven't been in an SC for almost a year) and it has had its "ups and downs" but it is still a good place go. Don't let the appearances of the club fool you.

I must say that I haven't had what I would call great times at the dollar. But then I haven't had any bad times there either. I quite enjoy stopping in to relax and have a beer from time to time.

I certainly have never run into any unfriendly people there.

Posted via Mobile Device

The SD is what it is and I don?t suspect that will change. It?s a convenient place for me to have a beer and possibly take in a dance or two. It?s a lottery though. Sometimes the SD presents a winner but you?re often left disappointed. I guess that?s what keeps me going back periodically. I like being pleasantly surprised; keeps things interesting.

Guest S****an

Is it me or does anyone else see an image of a beautiful butt in Jazy's post above? I've been spending way too much time on CERB lol.