free P S A clinic - Ottawa - May 2, 2015

Hi folks,

The Ottawa Motorcycle Ride for Dad and the Ottawa Hospital is sponsoring its 4th annual free P S A (P r o s t a t e Specific Antigen) test on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 8am to 10am. It is a simple 5-minute blood test to determine if the P S A is present, which may be an early indicator of p r o s t a t e cancer.

No need to drop the drawers.. just roll up your sleeve. Ladies - encourage your men to get checked out!

Bring your Ontario health card (and your green Ottawa Hospital card if you have one). Free parking is available at the Critical Care Wing parking lot along with free coffee, juice and snacks. Last year, almost 300 men got things checked out. Over 90% of p r o s t a t e cancers that are detected early is treatable.

The Ottawa Hospital staff is donating their time and the lab costs. You get the results mailed to you in a few weeks.

Ottawa Hospital, General Campus

501 Smyth Road, Ottawa

Critical Care Wing

Thanks,

CM

• Like 6

Hi folks,

The Ottawa Motorcycle Ride for Dad and the Ottawa Hospital is sponsoring its 4th annual free P S A (P r o s t a t e Specific Antigen) test on Saturday, May 2, 2015 from 8am to 10am. It is a simple 5-minute blood test to determine if the P S A is present, which may be an early indicator of p r o s t a t e cancer.

I'd like to clarify one point. When you have your blood tested (guys), PSA will be present. That's not the problem. The LEVEL of PSA is the indicator of possible cancer. My PSA was 2.4 for the longest time. Normal for my age. I got older. It went up to 4.2. Again, normal. It suddenly went up to 9,1. Not normal. Biopsy time. Biopsy showed cancer in one of the 12 samples. Time to consider options.

Next test came back 11.4. Time for consideration is passed. Pick a treatment option and go with it.

And that is how I find myself sitting around watching TV recovering from a radical prostatectomy. Fun.

Do the damn test. Knowing and doing beats the alternative!