Sexual Health Centre Clinic - New Info.

Not sure this has been mentioned. Duing my last visit at one of the satellite walk-in clinics for my regular tests, the nurse told me -

Effective May 11th, 2015 drop-in services available to youth aged 29 and under.

http://ottawa.ca/en/residents/public-health/sexual-health/sexual-health-centre

For anyone else, the only clinic open for these walk-in tests will be at the main clinic at 179 Clarence Street. It's no big deal, but I am more familiar with my regular walk-in clinic.

• Like 3

Seriously???

How does making it harder for *any* segment of the population to access STI testing help public health in any way?

This makes no sense at all.

• Like 2

More inane thinking at work: save the money by not providing clinic availability, nor doing the appropriate tests...... and then pay way more to provide treatment as well as the other costs to society....

I have been in a similar situation in Kingston recently. I am lucky to have a family doctor to go to. But I was shocked to see that a Sexual Health clinic for women, who is supposed to be open and welcoming to ANY woman, was trying to kick me out because of my age... And because I seemed "to take very good care of me". Thanks for the compliment but this is a positive bias, and not very responsible as a health services provider... If now doctors and nurses judge if people are OK or not based on their looks, where are we going? This is the beautiful result of budget cuts!

This is definitely as a result of a budget-cut and definitely not helping public health. In addition to the new age restriction at the drop-in centers, they seem to be pushing the public to go to their own doctor. The nurse told me at least two times during my appointment that I could go to my family physician for these tests -- like I didn't know that!

Guest D***el B***e

I have all my tests done through my family physician. For me it's easier lthat way. But it's another example of how cost cutting measures have a negative impact.