Flu Vaccine

cannot find the older thread on vaccines, however I just wanted to encourage everyone to get their flu shot. Apparently it is becoming available now. Public health equals public safety.

• Like 1

Health Canada last year said the following about who should get a Flu shot...

"Recent literature reviews conducted by NACI have shown that healthy individuals aged 5 to 64 years benefit from influenza vaccination, in addition to the people for whom the vaccine has been indicated in the past. With evidence showing that influenza vaccine benefits people of all ages, NACI now recommends influenza vaccination for all individuals aged 6 months and older, with particular focus on people at high risk of influenza-related complications or hospitalization, people capable of transmitting influenza to those at high risk, and others as indicated in Table 5 (see section V.2 for details)."

http://www.phac-aspc.gc.ca/naci-ccni/flu-grippe-eng.php

I got my flu shot last year, and felt great all winter. Didn't have any side effects from it, and I'll definitely be getting it again this year.

• Like 1

I have never had one, but am not an anti-vaxxer. In my line of business, I should really have a rock solid immune system and do appear to. Anyone with immune deficiencies should really get one.

I have never had one, but am not an anti-vaxxer. In my line of business, I should really have a rock solid immune system and do appear to. Anyone with immune deficiencies should really get one.

Everyone should get the flu shot, it's not necessarily just about protecting you as an individual. Do some reading on herd immunity. This is why health care workers are required to get the flu shot.

http://www.vaccines.gov/basics/protection/

• Like 2