black berry ball

Lick it ! LOL

Seriously the easiest way to unstick it or clean it is to slip a small flat edge screwdrive between the case and the outter sliver ring that will pop off the protective ring and expose the track ball assembly, use the same screwdriver to lift the track ball out, turn over the black berry and tap it to free it of any debris and then blow on it, seriously or use some compressed air in a can.

Put it back together the way it came a part and you should be good to go!

I think you're in Ottawa ... where I live there are any number of small repair shops that cans sort you out in less than an hour. They pop out the track ball, clean your bberry, and if necessary replace the piece. I've had it done more than once in less than an hour for under $30.

Fortunately, this is not as bad as a problem as it seems.

Does anyone know how to fix the damn bb ball? Mine is stuck...it moves everywhere but up....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thanks,

Emma

Not being able to get it up could be a huge problem! lol However, you have received good advice.

Does anyone know how to fix the damn bb ball? Mine is stuck...it moves everywhere but up....grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

thanks,

Emma

I never thought I would hear Emma say she has a problem with getting anything up!!!!!!

Especially if it has balls!!!!!!!

Flashback...pass the kleenex!:jackoff:

Guest fl***gfi***rs

Try a little contact cleaner sprayed into the area around the ball. You can get it at computer stores or the Source. Works for me every time!

Mine is getting sticky too, but ironically I have no trouble getting it up, it's getting it down! I will have to try the suggestions as well. Either that or upgrade to a Bold.

Posted via Mobile Device

Not being able to get it up could be a huge problem! lol However, you have received good advice.

I never thought I would hear Emma say she has a problem with getting anything up!!!!!!

Especially if it has balls!!!!!!!

Flashback...pass the kleenex!:jackoff:

Mine is getting sticky too, but ironically I have no trouble getting it up, it's getting it down! I will have to try the suggestions as well. Either that or upgrade to a Bold.

Posted via Mobile Device

haha very funny guys and antlerman here's your kleenexkleenex.jpg

just so you know i used rubbing alcohol and a cotton swab...worked great...thanks for the advice everyone. Now if anyone needs theie balls fixed they know where to come.8)

The new Blackberry has this addressed. It has since replaced with the optical trackball. I don't know if all models will have it though. It's best to check with the device spec.

it depends on how the trackball is stuck, I have cyberclean that weird goo thing that cleans out gunk.

you might need to move it around or push it with a screwdriver. or push down and push up and it should move what is stuck on.

I got 2 blackberries I know how fustrasting it is when the ball is stuck.

you pop out with little screw driver and clean both ball and roller with toothbrush

they say you should replace once a year @ $ 25.00 phone people will clean and replace

Guest o*****a*****r

I have a contact that does this out of a store in the Lincoln Fields area... please PM me if you want his contact info. It's usually about thirty dollars to have him replace the ball.... if you're not comforable with doing it yourself... and heck I pulled my ball out the other day and it was so small I said F*ck this, I'm not playing with this thing and I put it back in and brought it for an expert to take care of lol :wink:

Lubed.. $2,

Blown $13,

taken care of by a pro... priceless...

OCG

Guest B***ke Ba****

Telus store replaced mine twice for $8.95 including taxes MTS store once for $34.95 taxes included

Posted via Mobile Device