I know there's been lots of discussions on the old days, but I found these matches in my stuff....they bring back lots of memories!

matche10.jpg

Unfortunatley, I only know of one of them. Looks like the Ottawa scene has changed over the years. I wonder if the SC scene in Ottawa is better today or in years past? Generally I think 10 years ago was the best era - just starting out with lap dances and no bylaws.

Oh yes I can remember the introduction " Good evening men, Its show time at Club 61(Of course the number 61 was stated in french) let give a warm welcome for ********* "

Now that was a long time ago right after dropping in and watching live bands at the Chaudiere Rose Room, and possibly seeing Jerry Barber kick the shit out seven guys by himself, and tossing them out!

The grey one says "Tobasco" which was later renamed to Helium I believe...not a strip club but probably the most popular night club around back then, something like Heaven or The Drink or Parliament or something.

oh man...my head hurts when I look at those...them memories...and the mamories.......I think I still have shooter glasses from Loubaz...

Then the Lido....man.......peelers and quarts.....those were the days

In the late 70's and early 80's it was down stairs from pandoras box, the XXX Thearter you could get almost anything you wanted in this strip club, you be humping away in clear view with a guy doing 5 feet from you, full service would be between $80 to $100 and condoms were rarily used back then. Lucky i didn't catch anything. It was between Slater and Sparks.

Anyone rememeber the name.:?::cooter:

CM .....brings back memories for sure! I have been to every one of those clubs but I was at Tabbasco's the most for sure! I had a VIP card & knew a lot of the staff. That was in the days of party in Ottawa til 1 & hop on over to Hull til 3!

Reminds me a bit of my polaroid collection of pics with features at SC's!

I had close to a thousand match books from bars, airlines, gas stations pretty much anything you could think of. My apt was broken into and they took 2 things. A portable stereo and my match collection. They probably set them on fire some where. I was pissed.

Well you could go to 61 after the Rose room as long as it was not you getting bashed by Jerry boy could he fight my dad always told me dont get on his bad side

as for the other places lots memories

Oh yes I can remember the introduction " Good evening men, Its show time at Club 61(Of course the number 61 was stated in french) let give a warm welcome for ********* "

Now that was a long time ago right after dropping in and watching live bands at the Chaudiere Rose Room, and possibly seeing Jerry Barber kick the shit out seven guys by himself, and tossing them out!

clear of Mr.Barber, you never wanted to piss him off.

I literally watched him from 10 feet throw out those 7 guys, we lifted our quarts off the table, and watched him in action.

That man was shot at,stabbed and he was the most sought after bouncers in the city. Many bars wanted him but he remained loyal to the Chaud.

Well you could go to 61 after the Rose room as long as it was not you getting bashed by Jerry boy could he fight my dad always told me dont get on his bad side

as for the other places lots memories

Guest f***2f***

Holy shit Jerry Barber...i haven't heard that name for a few years...he had a fearsome rep!!

I remember Pandora's box and the hub bub made when it opened.