Question from "schobbyist"

He's a new member, and posted this in my guestbook, but it's obvious that he meant to post it here:

"Can anyone give some advice on the best strip clubs to chill out in alone where there isn't as much persistent pressure to buy lap dances (just getting back into the Ottaw scene after a long absence)"

Seems to me that there's very little pressure in the daytimes at Barbarella's. Of course, there are very few customers there to be pressured as well (although I was there on a Friday afternoon recently and it was surprisingly full, but it's usually very quite).

Well, the only places I can think of are in Albert where there are no CRs.

This is how the dancers make their living. It's kind of like walking into a car dealership. You want to look around a bit before you buy, but you know the sales staff will be asking if you need help. It goes with the territory.

Keep in mind that the dancers understand that you may not want to join them in the CR. They shouldn't take it personally.

Keep in mind also, if it's quiet they may just want someone to talk to. I'm sure it can get pretty boring sometimes.

I hopped by Pigalle this friday during the daytime. I arrived during lunch-buffet hour. The place was busy with people enjoying the food (yes yes actual food ;-). Quiets down at 2 pm or so until 4:30. I find that day time ladies are more relaxed in general and friendlier. Most are a bit older than evening and nigth.

A friend of mine went (daytime) about two or three weeks ago and the club was quiet.

My conclusion, for this club, if you do not want to be "it on" every 2 minutes is to go before 6 or 7 pm.

Went to Barbs a few time late afteroon, but never did stay long ...

It starts picking up when the weather gets nice, customer and girl wise. Thats why it was busier this week, we noticed as well, ( we as in the girls) so if your looking not to get pressured its better to go before 8 or 9. Most girls come in around 9, the more girls the more your gonna get asked to go for dances, but as a plus you'll also have more beautiful ladies to look at, and who knows maybe there will be a lucky girl you'll want a dance from.

From what i have been told by dancers, it can be a mixed bag, nice weather means poeple (clients) go out more, but not necessarely to a club but to enjoy the weather. Or they go to the club.....

From a client perspective, i agree, there are more dancers, especially "out of towners" as the roads are nicer to drive to work. Some of my "faves", at least where i go often, are not from the area.

go with a lady.

for some reason whenever my bf and I go to a strip club we are completely ignored.

True.

I've been to a club with 2 friends before (one of which a lady - not my GF). Whenever i was alone, i was approached (same happens when with a male friend but ot as much). But when i was alone with said lady friend - nothing happened unless i stood up and went to talk to a dancer.

Never gave much thought to it though. MAybe couples (or what appears to be a couple) may seem intimidating, or not all dancers are confortable approaching a table with a non dancer there, i wonder.

go with a lady.

for some reason whenever my bf and I go to a strip club we are completely ignored.

Well not always the case I frequent at Barbs and can tell you the couples get hit on as well.

Just not as often :)

Posted via Mobile Device

go with a lady.

I find that when I go with male friends. It's like the ladies don't want to approach men who are with other women.

Because the lap dances are usually for me, I am the one who initiates the eye contact with the ladies when the time is right.

It's great though, because we can sit there in peace when we want.