This is the type of Crap that some ladies are put through on CL

This ad was posted today in Ottawa CL erotic section. It was a warning to ladies, so I thought you should all be notified here as well. I feel for the ladies, please ensure you always make sure that you do not answer blocked calls, if a jerk will not give his number he is not worth the risk. The below is simply pasted from the ad....

"If you are advertising here and living in any ottawa housing apt. or house, be aware that there is a real f*r*e*a*k out there targeting girls working out of any projects.

There's a guy who will call you, book an appointment. Once he finds out your address, if you are in Ottawa housing, he'll either

call you to say he's with Ottawa housing and you're in big trouble and he's also going to send copies of your ad to ODSPand welfare and CAS too.

Or he will visit you and ask for a freebie.

He calls from blocked number.

used different names - paul, george and john

Description:

About 6-2, 230 pounds, reddish brown hair, unshaven.

has done this to girls on Caldwell, Ramsay, Lepage, Murry St. and bldg. across from billings.

One girl in billings already lost her apt, and her kid,

Told her he's going to go after all girls cheating welfare and working

don't answer blocked calls girls! "

• Like 1

Whomever put the post on CL, good for them to warn others and good for you Pete for posting the information here.

If this is true, the guy is without a doubt a total asshole. However, if you're going to be living in subsidized housing, it's probably a good idea not to use your home as a place to work under the table. And social services will not be taking any kids away unless there is a damn good reason.

thank you Pete for taking the time to post this. Eventhough it is undesireable to post on CL it is sometimes necessary.....good thing we have someone watching our backs!

Don't get me wrong, I know that there providers here that advertise there, because sometimes being necessary, just use common safety practices as your safety is paramount always.

BTW....I was viewing another ad that dealt with CK. I was reading his diaries, I guess CK is Jason from PK !I laughed my ass off when I read it on his diaries.

Unfortunately, some of the younger girls may not be as vigilent about safety practices. Too bad they wait to learn from experience.

Thank you Pete for letting us and especially ladies know. Cerb is a really much safer place to do business and it's FREE! Thank Mod and many members for it.

Posted via Mobile Device

• Like 1

This guy sounds like a number one creep. This is the only instance where I would hope he gets one of those girls who has some big guy hiding nearby who jumps out and kicks the crap out of him.

I know a few people who live in some of those buildings and even though they are clean living, they tell me of hookers doing their Johns and drug dealings going on in the stairwells and elevators!

I don't care how many scammy people my conduct their affairs from these buildings there are also legit people as well and it's just another example of some perpetrator trying to shake down girls because he seems them as being in a low power position.

I understand why people use CL (It's free and has LOADS of traffic) but it is un-moderated.

This particular issue however could happen on any site (Not just CL)! It's just more likely to be done on CL.

A booking tip to the ladies would be to tell the customers roughly where you are located without giving too much info (ie. "I am in the east end near XXXX") and set up the appointment without giving the exact location. If he asks why you are not giving him the exact location now just say "My incall location changes often and I will give you the exact address and confirm your phone number one hour before we meet"

This ensures you verify the phone number and if this guy does cause problems like this for you - you can report him in the SP ONLY area.

Now if you are collecting any type of assistance and working as a provider you do know that is wrong to do and you do know that many people in this country would be very upset if they found this out. It's not right to work and collect assistance, that money is for people who really need it. Anyone who is scamming these assistance programs should feel ashamed and should stop! I had to say that as I HATE finding out people do this. It disgusts me too!

Now... Other recent CL issues. These are things happening in other cities (and could be happening in Ottawa)

1) Fake ads are popping up in some cities with the girls real contact info and photos but the ads claim lower prices and services like bbfs or other things she does not do. This causes the girls phone to ring off the hook for the lower prices and it causes her to get BAD things posted about her (Saying she is high risk and scamming people by posting one price and when you call you get a higher price). Guy's don't fall for this. Just because it's her contact info posted it does not mean she is the one who posted the ads. Her competition knows this will tie up her phone line with tonnes of calls and quickly damage her reputation.

2) Ads have been posted with all the correct contact info (Exact copies of the ads) but with FAKE PHOTOS (Easily found on tineye or obvious fakes like Tyra Banks and Carmen Electra, etc...). This causes people to post warnings of bait and switch about the ladies (again damaging their reputation on the boards) but the same ladies post ads on CL with real photos so it makes it very confusing who is posting what.

3) In some cities guys post WARNINGS of the ladies. At first I am sure these warnings were all legit (Like mini reviews) but obviously anyone can post these to "Knock out the competition".

Really they are using boards like cerb and blogs like CK's against them. I am not saying this has happened here yet or on CK's blog (but I do suspect a recent post may be a result of this and I am trying to get more info on that as the lady did use real photos on all her CL posts and even was showing her face so posting fake photos now is much more unlikely - she has a recommendation here as well so it's very fishy).

The scammers HATE guys like CK and this is a way to exploit what he does by using his good intentions for doing bad things without his knowledge. It's very easy to place a fake ad on CL with the exact contact info of a girl and use fake photos in that fake ad to discredit her with CK or others who do such things.

Nothing in this world is free so I guess these things are just the price you pay for advertising on CL. LOL... non-moderated and free is just a open invitation to scams and cons.

Guest c******n****h

Thanks to the MOD for posting this information. It's good feedback for all involved in hobbying.

What the mod was talking about happened to an SP I know today.

Someone posted that her place was filthy and she was on drugs (among other things) - totally not true.

I saw the posting and called her about it. I made her aware of the fact she could contact CL and have it removed (under abuse, you send an e-mail using on on-line form and typing 911 in the subject line). It takes anywhere from half hour to several hours to have posts like that removed. In this case, it was down in 2 hours but only after calling CL in San Francisco with the number Angela Aurora provided in another thread (complaint was pushed to the top of the queue).

Then that poster's IP address is blocked from further posts. I suspect a lot of girls do not know this.

I use CL and I am aware of the risks, but I also advertise here on CERB and have regulars, so I don't rely on CL only and never would.

The mod is right, if it's free and unmoderated, you are going to be open to all kinds of crap like that.

I see it eventually going the way of the States whereby the erotic section was eliminated and replaced with an adult section whereby one must pay with a credit card to post and ads must be approved before they are posted.

In fact, although inconvenient, I almost welcome it.

Thank goodness for CERB!

Thanks Pete, may be the MOD should send it to all the ladies. Not everyone reads the "new posts"

and thanks for watching for us...you are a treasure!

Tracie

This guy who's threatening these women is a piece of dung on the bottom of my boot.

As Mod mentioned it does happen from time to time that competitors will post ads for other girls with fake photos in the hopes of being exposed by myself or someone else. But as MOD says the pattern rarely makes sense when previous posts have actual real pictures sometimes displaying facial features or other distinguishable features. I've been caught in the crossfire once or twice and if I know the sp in question as established I will go to the effort to contact them to make a confirmation. If one slips by as soon as I'm made aware or discover the shenanigans myself I update the diary. I'm not out to hurt anyone who plays fair, but scammers beware. This hobby has enough of a bad reputation about it, we don't need more players make things worse for the honest good people, do we ?

This why I like you CK, you are a good man and a honest man! I enjoy reading your diary, and laugh at those silly ass scammers!

Guest ***ky12***

Wow I really can't believe that people are that low!!! I really really hope that this post might help catch that creep. I don't mean to steal Pete's Thunder from you ladies but I might be able to help too. I had an issue with someone calling me at all times of the night from a blocked number. I am part geek and a stubborn geek at that. I knew there must be a way of seeing who is calling from a blocked number. So after hours of reading I finally found a way. An easy way but it did have a small fee.

What I did what I bought an 1-800 # from kall8.com. The initial cost for the number was $2. There is then a per min cost but I think only $.06/min, I think. A small fee for the info you are getting IMHO. I normally would not give a free promo to a company but when it comes to your safety ladies I think this is important.

Then I activated call forwarding on my cell phone to forward all my calls to the 800 #. I then programed the 800 #, using the webpage supplied with service to direct all calls to the 800 # to my home number. (other wise you will not get your calls when people call you)

With this someone will call your cell phone or ad number, get forwarded to the 800# and then ring on your home number all without then knowing a thing.

The beauty of this is... You cannot block your number from and 800 service. Part of the service is that you can log on to a webpage and view all numbers that called your 800 # if it was blocked or not. There you go, just remember the time that the person called and then you have their blocked number. Call them back and listen the the sound of silence on the other end as they are in shock that you finally caught them.

The bad side of this is that for every call that comes in you are being charged the minute rate. I know a lot of you ladies have a much higher volume of call then I do so this might not be the best. What I did was when I got calls I would ask the person if I could call them back. Then calling from my home phone back to them there is no charge because they are not going through the 800 # now.

I hope this makes sense and if you want to do this and need help please let me know.

Take care and please be safe!!!!

What I did what I bought an 1-800 # from kall8.com....

Instead of going through all that, might as well just get the 1-800 number. And I would say that the vast majority of girls strictly deal with a cell so forwarding a cell to 1-800 and then to another line isn't even feasible. Don't think it would screw up text messaging, but that's something else that could be a problem as well.

This service looks to be much more efficient, simpler and more economical, but right now it is only available to a pair of carriers in the US - TrapCall. Very new and perhaps they will expand to Canada, though CRTC may not allow it.

Guest ***ky12***

The problem with your idea is there are a lot of people, I am sure, that would not call an 800# to book a session. I know I can only speak for myself but I would much rather call a local number than an 800# for this type of service.

With what I did texting was fine and so are outgoing calls from the cell phone. I know this might not be the ideal solution for everyone but it is a solution that works. This is what I did to solve a problem I had. I was only trying to help but thanks for crapping on my post. I didn't choose kall8.com for any specific reason besides at the time they were the first one that came up on my google search that provided an added service of a web-log of all calls. I am in NO way promoting kall8.com I am just telling my story and what I did. There are many 800 # providers and you may be able to find a much better rate than I posted.

Instead of going through all that, might as well just get the 1-800 number. And I would say that the vast majority of girls strictly deal with a cell so forwarding a cell to 1-800 and then to another line isn't even feasible. Don't think it would screw up text messaging, but that's something else that could be a problem as well.

This service looks to be much more efficient, simpler and more economical, but right now it is only available to a pair of carriers in the US - TrapCall. Very new and perhaps they will expand to Canada, though CRTC may not allow it.

I was only trying to help but thanks for crapping on my post.

Um, I was only pointing out how the service would be impractical...but thanks for misinterpreting.

This ad was posted today in Ottawa CL erotic section. It was a warning to ladies, so I thought you should all be notified here as well. I feel for the ladies, please ensure you always make sure that you do not answer blocked calls, if a jerk will not give his number he is not worth the risk. The below is simply pasted from the ad....

"If you are advertising here and living in any ottawa housing apt. or house, be aware that there is a real f*r*e*a*k out there targeting girls working out of any projects.

There's a guy who will call you, book an appointment. Once he finds out your address, if you are in Ottawa housing, he'll either

call you to say he's with Ottawa housing and you're in big trouble and he's also going to send copies of your ad to ODSPand welfare and CAS too.

Or he will visit you and ask for a freebie.

He calls from blocked number.

used different names - paul, george and john

Description:

About 6-2, 230 pounds, reddish brown hair, unshaven.

has done this to girls on Caldwell, Ramsay, Lepage, Murry St. and bldg. across from billings.

One girl in billings already lost her apt, and her kid,

Told her he's going to go after all girls cheating welfare and working

don't answer blocked calls girls! "

So reassuring to know we actually have people like you who sincerely care! The world needs more people like you! Oh & NO FIGHTING YOU TWO!

I just saw this thread and wanted to make a small statement. This guy is clearly a douche (PERIOD). But something that i wasn't quite aware of... does it not bother anyone else that these women that collect financial aid? I'm on the fence here and don't fully understand it. if anyone would like to help me understand a pm would be appreciated.

Really not trying to be a dick here... just unsure of this whole thing.

Play safe

DoM