Extramarital sex fuels earthquakes

A SENIOR Iranian cleric has claimed that dolled-up women incite extramarital sex, causing more earthquakes in Iran, a country that straddles several fault lines, newspapers reported today.

"Many women who dress inappropriately ... cause youths to go astray, taint their chastity and incite extramarital sex in society, which increases earthquakes," Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi told worshippers at overnight prayers in Tehran.

"Calamities are the result of people's deeds," he was quoted as saying by reformist Aftab-e Yazd newspaper.

"We have no way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers."

Read rest of the article here.

If this were true, then Iran and the World would have been completely destroyed by earthquakes a long LONG time ago. :?

Therefore, since the World is still flat and the universe revolves around us, then extramarital sex must be linked to making the sun set and the stars shine.

They are still using quack science from 2 Millenniums ago - haha, wankers!:butt:

Get with the 20th Century!

"We have no way but conform to Islam to ward off dangers." says Ayatollah Kazem Sedighi (aka Jealous Virgin without a date to the prom)

Au contraire, we have no way but to have extramarital sex to ward off the dangers of ignorant superstitions (and in the case, ward off those people who can't get laid/married without forcing someone to be with them even though no one loves them and wants them for who they are).

Good Luck gettin' some with that attitude 'Krazy Kazem' :-P

Typical religious logic. Extramarital sex causes earthquakes, which kills randomly woman, men and children.

I'm an atheist, I know I'm doomed (too much Geology, Paleontology etc.)

Guest W***ledi*Time

God Bless the spirit of scientific experimentation!

Lesley Ciarula Taylor reports in The Star , 22 Apr 2010:

http://www.thestar.com/living/article/799141--thousands-join-cleavage-protest-of-iranian-cleric

Tens of thousands of women have signed up online to flaunt their cleavage this Monday in the face of an Iranian cleric?s comments, with the numbers growing by the minute.

Jen McCreight threw out the challenge last Monday on her blog,
, and by Thursday more than 33,000 women joined the cause from all over on two separate
sites.

.... Her challenge:

?On Monday, April 26th, I will wear the most cleavage-showing shirt I own. Yes, the one usually reserved for a night on the town. I encourage other female skeptics to join me and embrace the supposed supernatural power of their breasts. Or short shorts, if that's your preferred form of immodesty. With the power of our scandalous bodies combined, we should surely produce an earthquake.

?You with me girls??

Love those Iranians. They are so practical. (hypocrites)

Zina, is extramarital sex and premarital sex. Islamic law prescribes punishments for Muslim men and women for the act of Zina. :cry:

But not if you follow the rules. :-D

Misyar, marriage while on vacation, in order to have sexual relations with another woman without committing the sin of zina. They usually divorce the women once their holiday is over. :pimp:

I have seen documentaries where Misyar can be short as one hour !

Sounds like an SP/client date to me. :roll:

Guest W***ledi*Time

6.9 magnitude earthquake in Taiwan on day of protest.

.... Coincidence?

Absolutely unrelated, says McCreight. First, the quake occurred outside her "Boobquake" time zone. Second, she wrote in a rapid-response Twitter update: ?On avg, 134 magnitude 6-6.9 earthquakes occur annually. Taiwan's today is not special unless a ton more are to follow." ....

But even McCreight sees the irony in the situation ...

http://www.rferl.org/content/World_Survives_Boobquake_And_Brainquake/2025052.html

Having spent far too much time in that part of the world, I am neither shocked nor surprised by the cleric's comments. You can't even begin to imagine what really goes on over there...and the west sits as always and does nothing.