Debate sheds light on students in sex work

"O?Doherty sees the stigma associated with sex work as a type of public shaming and a way to control women and their sexuality."

I think there is a lot of truth in this quote.

"O?Doherty sees the stigma associated with sex work as a type of public shaming and a way to control women and their sexuality."

I think there is a lot of truth in this quote.

would someone think of the guys !?!

"O?Doherty sees the stigma associated with visiting sex workers as a type of public shaming and a way to control men and their sexuality."

Where I'm concern it cuts both ways.

In both studies, the primary reason participants gave for the attractiveness of the sex trade was financial. But to Ada Sinacore, an associate professor of counselling psychology at McGill University, the issue is much more complex than students wanting to make money.

At least they are able to start recongnizing the complexcity of being a sex worker.

Damn, I thought this was a link to the Capital Xtra article about the same thing, only I was interviewed for that article!

Stigma is all about controlling women's sexuality!

Damn, I thought this was a link to the Capital Xtra article about the same thing, only I was interviewed for that article!

Stigma is all about controlling women's sexuality!

Erin - can you post the link? Can I get an autographed copy.

Erin - can you post the link? Can I get an autographed copy.

I don't think it's online. And I haven't managed to actually find it in the paper version either. I was told it would be out in April, but I haven't seen it.

would someone think of the guys !?!

"O?Doherty sees the stigma associated with visiting sex workers as a type of public shaming and a way to control men and their sexuality."

Where I'm concern it cuts both ways.

:wink:

John's Voice:

About the Research Project

This research was designed in such a way that the results could be used to highlight the voices, experiences, issues and concerns of sex buyers. The topics that were covered and the questions that were asked were developed so that the data collected may be used to speak directly to current debates concerning the social, legal, political and health issues relating to the buying and selling of sex in Canada.

One of our goals was to collect information that could be used to enlighten current policies, practices and understandings pertaining to prostitution by including one of the most valuable voices on issues surrounding commercial sex in Canada - those of clients!

http://24.85.225.7/johnsvoice/docs/JOHNS_VOICE_GENERAL_RESULTS_EXECUTIVE_SUMMARY_FINAL_DIST.pdf