iPad opinions

Guest s******ecan****

If anyone out there has some advice I'd appreciate some feedback. I'm due to upgrade my old laptop. I'm intrigued by the iPad. The vast majority of my work is web-based either through web portals or email.

I used an HP tablet a few years back on a trial and really enjoyed the flexibility (although it was no where near as small as the iPad).

I use a Blackberry for my phone and would like to get rid of that and just have one device but I don't think the iPad can help me there lol. But is there an advantage to go iPhone with iPad.

Also I use Adobe a lot (not just to read, I have the full package so I can create my own doc's) and I think I would lose this on iPad...no?

Also I use Adobe a lot (not just to read, I have the full package so I can create my own doc's) and I think I would lose this on iPad...no?

Yes you will lose that capability.

Have you considered the Macbook Air ? At the minimum you can have VoIP on it although its rather difficult attaching it to your belt :-D

I used an iPad for a week. Until we can get some useful apps in there. It has more entertainment value than actual usefulness. But I think it is the way of the future. If you work is mostly web based and do not require Adobe Flash or accessing Flash based web site. You are fine. Printing and WP/spreadsheet requires buying apps. But sure was fun playing around with it.

SNS724

Again an iPad combined with citrix can be a powerful combination.

I can have a full windows xp desktop on my iPhone if needed via citrix an ipad can only be so much better.

But I would say an iPhone and a 13" mac book pro would be an awesome portable combo.

As well there are reports of wifi issues on the ipad, I personally would wait till iPad 2.0.

My 2 cents

Posted via Mobile Device

You know, I had pretty much talked myself out of an iPad until I handled one last night...they are sexy devices.

I know it really has no value other than entertainment and that money can be spent on...ahem...better pursuits, but I want one now :(

Help me...

Guest Ou**or**n

I have an iPhone but have no intention of getting an iPad. I have three main objections.

1. It doesn't have flash. Go and download Firefox and start browsing the web. Within a few sites you'll hit one that uses flash and it will prompt you to download and install it - DON'T. Now surf all your regular sites to get a preview of a flash-less existence. I assure you its not very pretty. I know a few early adopters and they say it is of very little use for surfing the web due to this limitation.

2. I don't like Apple having veto on apps as it has proven itself to abuse it. Apps have been banned for political content as well as political correctness. Don't even get me started on Apple's refusal to allow true 'adult' apps. Apple has become the 'big brother' company they once mocked in their advertising.

3. It's too heavy. I've used one and its at least 1/2 pound too heavy to hold for any length of time.

I truly hope Google, HP, Acer or some other hardware company comes out with a decent Android tablet that addresses these issues.

Ipad currently has limited file storage capacity. Not impressed that Apple could not come to terms with Adobe.

I thought I read somewhere RIM was working on their own similar device to compete. Code named "BlackScreen" or something to that effect.

I was all ready to get one when they came out.... I was actually excited but I am disappointed in them and have yet to buy one as I think I am going to hold out for the HP one or even one of the Android ones (The android ones out now seam to be very unresponsive with the touch interface compared to the ipad)

Apple cut out all the "Adult apps" in the appstore and I was going to write a really cool app for the industry using gps, google maps, the compass and accelerometers but the only way to run the app now would be to hack the device and not many people will want to do that.

The fact that flash won't run on it also ticks me off. I know flash is not mac friendly (It crashes my big mac system all the time) and apple blames flash for this shortcoming but I am not really sure who is really at fault... it sure works great on my PC!

The android OS from google is kicking ass!! It is looking WAY more appealing for my needs.... I love the responsiveness of the ipad but this restricted app store crap and the lack of flash is a BIG turn off for me.

I would like to be able to use the chat room here on cerb on a tablet... and since it runs of flash the ipad is OUT!

The only way to do it is to use something like http://www.logmein.com and get the logmein app for your iphone or ipad (This allows you to control your home PC with your iphone/ipad using this app. You get 4frames per second at BEST with any flash this way but it does work and logmein is a pretty decent choice for remote office stuff.

You could use your home PC with logmein to do your PDF stuff as well but the lag may make you go crazy!