Wireless Router - Where to buy in Ott/Hull?

You can buy at Staples and yes lynexs one od the best

Posted via Mobile Device

Cindy, you can get them at Best Buy, Future Shop or even Staples. Good brands are D-Link, Linksys and Belkin. I have a mix of network devices at home from those three brands.

There are also numerous smaller computer shops that probably all sell the same things.

Personally, I stick with the Box Stores as I have found the return capabilities to be easier, IMHO.

Good luck, and feel free to PM me if you want more info.

Bucken, the 'Computer Geek' at heart. :)

Laurier Computer is right downtown if you don't want to go far...

Remember to change the default password and user name for your router. (they can be easily found on the net) Also, make sure to use the correct protocols as well, DHCP for cable, and PPOE for DSL.

Sprint computers on Sommerset at Bronson.......

Please make sure you set the unit for encryption........most of the routers have a toll free number for assistance to set them up

Sprint computers on Sommerset at Bronson.......

Please make sure you set the unit for encryption........most of the routers have a toll free number for assistance to set them up

Set it up for WAP, and NOT WEP, which is a lower level of encryption, make sure all devices can do WAP.

WAP= wireless access protocol

WEP= wireless encryption protcol

wow Angela, you are quite the techno-geek and you know your stuff, definitely you want to run with encryption cause otherwise any other wireless network within 20 meters can tap in and bleed your minutes and steal your packets. I had a linksys and now use smc-barricade and never have had problems. Just realize that every wireless device takes up a port of your computer and you only have 12-20 total for the ave. home pc, laptop.

wow Angela, you are quite the techno-geek and you know your stuff, definitely you want to run with encryption cause otherwise any other wireless network within 20 meters can tap in and bleed your minutes and steal your packets. I had a linksys and now use smc-barricade and never have had problems. Just realize that every wireless device takes up a port of your computer and you only have 12-20 total for the ave. home pc, laptop.

Make sure your firewall is on as well. Yes, I have a lot of time on my hands, and it's stuff anything above an end user should know. :-D