iphone 4g....or Blackberry Bold 9700

What should antler do?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. What should antler do?

• Go for the BlackBerry 9700 now!
    • Wait for the iPhone 4g..it will be worth it......
    • 6 of one....half a dozen of the other.........undecided

I have a choice right now......

Get a BB Bold 9700 right now

or

Wait till August to get the BB Bold 9700

What would you do.....?

It is company supplied and paid for.........

I have a bb 9700 and I love it. Get the iphone if you're planning on using it for entertainment.

Posted via Mobile Device

Guest W***ledi*Time

ha ha ... "but why would anyone need 12 phones?" he says, playing the straight-man ...

Get the one available now and then, conveniently drop it in the toilet sometime in August. LOL I really am not that devious just in that kinda mood today :)

Do you use your SMS a great deal ? Do others in the company carry a

BB ?

If yes then the BB would be a better choice long term. BB Messenger is free across the country and folks swear by it.

Personally having trialled an older BB for a month I hate the device and service.

iPhone is way more versatile. Downside ? Battery drain.

Having been a die hard blackberry user, I am now reaching the conclusion that perhaps it's time to move onto the new IPhone.

A few colleagues now have the Iphone in place of their blackberry and can now type as fast as I can on my 9700......I can type fast on my bberry, so I was worried the Iphone would be a hassle to type with.....and that was always my biggest fear....seems to be no longer the case....

Given the technology of the new Iphone, it's hard to discount it's value, and the 5Mb camera and full HD Video....well... the list just goes on and on....

In the past, if all you did was emails, then BBerry was the clear winner......not so sure anymore....I found the Iphone was easy to type with....the only real advantage of the bberry...

Cant go wrong either way, the 9700 is amazing, especially the new touch pad............

I am wondering if the new iphone 4g will have the mini SIM card or the micro SIM card that the iPad uses. If it has the Micro card you will not be able to just swap phones from iphone/bb/android/etc... not until the other companies jump on the micro sim bandwagon. I know I needed a new SIM card (Micro) when I got this Ipad... it would be nice for me to have a micro card in the new iphone than maybe I could swap between the two of them and not have to for TWO data plans!!!

The iPhone4 and IPad use the same SIM card. This is different than everyone else. Also you can not swap the MicroSIM between IPad and iPone4 as apple has made that impossible so as to force you into two cell contracts. Apple is in bed with the cell companies to increase your costs for no technical reason whatsoever. Here is the apple FAQ to confirm this.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_iphone/family/iphone?aosid=p204&siteid=1503186&program_id=2554&cid=OAS-EMEA-AFF&tduid=b25a7650b5b8e30730f3cb9a115ab007#faqs

I would like an apple product but as they get a kickback from the cell companies for increasing my costs I will buy from someone else, probably an android phone.

A friend of mine got an I-Phone but doesn't like the way it feels against her ear when she's talking and she hates the touch for texting. It's great for zipping around through apps, but I tried typing on it and didn't like the "touch feel" either.

Guess what - she's back to using her BB.

I have Samsung phone with a keyboard that slides out, so that's as close as I get to a BB.

Guest s******ecan****

I am in the same situation and everything I have read or heard so far in my research is fairly consistent in saying for now BB is still the way to go if email/msg/text is your priority.

well......looks like it will be the BB.......as email..text and msging...is the top priority.......and besides.....waiting that long will give me more problems than it is worth....

You can get a Bluetooth keyboard for the ipad (probablyworks the Same on a iPhone) that is the size of the bb and has a little touch pad mouse as well. I am thinking of getting one to try it.

yup...going to get one....I have fat fingers.......real long...wink wink..but fat...heheheheh

www.dealextreme.com

great place for fun cheap things like that

Have you ordered anything from here antlerman? Looks like they are in hong kong china (I have ordered techie stuff from hong kong before and surprised at how quick it is shipped by regular mail but the product was not always as it was advertised)

yup...going to get one....I have fat fingers.......real long...wink wink..but fat...heheheheh

Try having LONG nails, and see where that gets you:lol:

Additional Comments:

A friend of mine got an I-Phone but doesn't

I got an IPHONE while I was there in Ottawa, and sold it a few weeks after I got back to Vancouver:lol:

When wind mobile gets coverage out here, I am going with the blackberry they have, as I am a texting junkie, easily 3000+ a month

Additional Comments:

You can get a Bluetooth keyboard for the ipad (probablyworks the Same on a iPhone) that is the size of the bb and has a little touch pad mouse as well. I am thinking of getting one to try it.

How the heck would that work with the IPAD? I mean, doesn't the IPAD have to sit somewhere for that to work:?:

How the heck would that work with the IPAD? I mean, doesn't the IPAD have to sit somewhere for that to work:?:

Most cases have the ability to act as a holder for the ipad turning it into a stationary screen to watch movies on. Also a small dock holder is available and a picture frame type holder also that folds up is available (so you have a lot of options) and the MAC keyboard dock is also available that holds the device in front of the keyboard.

keyboard_dock_1_20100127.jpg

100128.jpg

griffin-a-frame-ipad-dock.jpg

Black-Leather-CaseFolio-for-Apple-Ipad-With-Built-in-Stand.jpg

Most cases have the ability to act as a holder for the ipad turning it into a stationary screen to watch movies on. Also a small dock holder is available and a picture frame type holder also that folds up is available (so you have a lot of options) and the MAC keyboard dock is also available that holds the device in front of the keyboard.

keyboard_dock_1_20100127.jpg

100128.jpg

griffin-a-frame-ipad-dock.jpg

Black-Leather-CaseFolio-for-Apple-Ipad-With-Built-in-Stand.jpg

Kind of like the computer you never knew you needed:shock: Very cool for people on the go, but still not my type. I need to get my hands on a high powered lap top. This P3 866 is slowly dying on me:oops:

Have you ordered anything from here antlerman? Looks like they are in hong kong china (I have ordered techie stuff from hong kong before and surprised at how quick it is shipped by regular mail but the product was not always as it was advertised)

I have ordered lots from here......and it is what is advertised....ya just gotta know what you are getting....knock offs...cheap...but still decent

well, as a visually impaired person who needs a screenreader, I am excited about the iphone because it comes with its own screenreader right out of the box! It is called voice over. Sure beats spending an extra four hun on a third party screenreader like I do now on my Nokia.

Posted via Mobile Device

I sold my P4 laptop over 2 years ago as it was way to slow... can't imagine a p3! I wonder if a netbook would be much faster.... I bet it would be.

I've got another suggestion. Wait for the new Blackberry 9800 'Slider'. It might also be released as the 9800 Torch. It's got a full touch-screen and it slides up to reveal a good ol' BlackBerry keyboard. The big knock against BB has always been the browser and multi-media capabilities. The new Blackberry OS 6 will give you all that.

There you go, now you've got the best of both worlds! :grin:

I love to hear any feedback on the Android phone. My colleague has one and LOVES it....even though I really do not know how it ranks up vs BB or Iphone as I am still a diehard BB fan.