Do Not Share Computers with other CERB members!!

Please DO NOT share computers with other members!

If you want to introduce cerb to a SP or CLIENT feel free to show them cerb but do not let them register or login to cerb using your computer.

Why? Our system flags this and reports your account as a MULTIPLE ACCOUNT.

If you are a male member and you post some nice things about a SP and I see that both the lady and you have accessed cerb using the same computer it looks very much like you are SHILL posting for her (or she made this fake guys account to post recommendations about herself under this fake account). This happens a lot and we catch these accounts all the time! I find out that male members are "Helping" market a lady (some cases trying to get in on the action and pimp her!) sometimes it is a pimp or a agent trying to "help" market her in a very unethical way! Sometimes it is just a guy trying to help her out (unfortunately I don't know for sure if that is true when it happens so I must assume it is NOT true and remove the offending posts and accounts).

Most of the time we get excuses like "I let my client use my computer" or "The lady was at my house and she accessed cerb from my PC" and occasionally I get "That is not true! I never shared my PC with anyone" (I like this answer as it confirms 100% that it was a SHILL account when I get this).

I have even got... "I left the room to go to the washroom and they used my computer without my permission" - Sure they did!

No matter what the excuse is.... it looks VERY bad!!

Agencies often try to set up MULTIPLE accounts for each lady or under different agency names (I find this deceitful so I do not allow this either). If you are an agency looking to advertise the ladies as independents you will be caught and removed.

Some ladies share computers with other ladies (This is fine as long as you don't have TWO accounts for the same lady.

Only Independent ladies who work from the same location are allowed to do this and you should ask me first please - if your friend is coming from out of town to work with you for a week that is fine just give me a heads up!

IMPORTANT NOTE TO ALL MEMBERS

I am considering creating a thread that reports multiple accounts to all the elite members and service providers. If I do this it will show anyone creating multiple accounts and will show all the ladies who work together and access cerb together. If anyone has an issue with this please PM me and explain why before I activate this feature.

• Like 1

I think all of this is a good idea, well at least putting the info up there so people know. I just want to make sure, say if me and Angela Of Ottawa use the same computer, to access cerb, that is ok:?:

Good idea MOD!

Me and Angela were talking about that too the other day ... she had to explain to me how it works with the IP thing loll ...

She logged to her account on cerb when she visited me the other night at my hotel ... hope nothings wrong with that?

Should we tell you every time she visit me if she want to check her pm ?

I dont see it as much of a problem if an SP is accessing her account from another SPs computer,

....I think the real problem that mod was getting at is a member and an SP sharing the same computer looks bad...and i agree with that.

I have a question...this is something that i wont repeat in the future but last year I logged on from a client's cell-phone to check my cerb messages as we were on a long outing and wanted to check if i had to go to another appointment after or if I could take my time as I wasn't near a computer to check my cerb inbox.

does something like that count too? eep!

Angela and I host out of the same incall location so we often use the same computer. There will be another lady who is new to the business and will be joining our little group this week so the same thing will apply. Mod, we will give you a heads up about it in PM.

Looks like I need an elite account! Where do I sign up

GF

Posted via Mobile Device

Elite status comes over time. You do not sign up for it. Long term members with high post counts have elite status.

I dont see it as much of a problem if an SP is accessing her account from another SPs computer,

....I think the real problem that mod was getting at is a member and an SP sharing the same computer looks bad...and i agree with that.

I have a question...this is something that i wont repeat in the future but last year I logged on from a client's cell-phone to check my cerb messages as we were on a long outing and wanted to check if i had to go to another appointment after or if I could take my time as I wasn't near a computer to check my cerb inbox.

does something like that count too? eep!

Yes, it would show that your account and his account logged in using the same computer (as a cell phone or PDA is also a computer) if it can access the Internet it has a ip adds and some sort of login ability so the system will track both accounts on that device.

Elite members and Service Providers will see a NEW forum under the warnings section called "Multiple Accounts postings" in here you will see system notices of people who access cerb using multiple handles or two or more people sharing the same computer. You can not post in this section but you can reply (Add comment) if you feel the need to.

Only verified service providers and elite members will be able to see this section.

For those who do not know already to gain "Elite" member status you need to have a reputation level of 1000 or a post count greater than 1000 (Reputation is handed out by other members by nominating your posts or agreeing with your posts). Once you hit this level your account is automatically upgraded to a "Elite" account.

Some of the ladies have "Service Provider" written under their names. This means that they have VERIFIED the account with us and have SP ONLY access. It does not mean we verified photos or anything like that, it means they have applied for SP ONLY access and been given access based on the info provided (or someone else with access has VOUCHED for them).

MOD - do you think this information should be included on a sticky so that this information is always "top of mind".

Further to Angelas suggestion.....what about public IP's IE libraries, cafes, institutional learning centres, stolen signals...?

Shared IP's are fine.

The only time we look at the IP is if....

1) We suspect a shill based on some other reason, if the IP matches we see if it's a static or dynamic ip. If it's a static IP where only those two people have used it... we pretty much have our answer with very little doubt

2) When someone keeps making multiple accounts after being banned (We just look up the IP and ban it from the server

3) When someone is reported as being dangerous (Bad Date, Bad SP, etc..)

4) When a public computer (Internet cafe or hotel lobby computer) may be the cause for the multiple account warnings.

We do not use the IP to identify multiple accounts.

We have a very advanced system in place that does some "Special" stuff (I can not explain how it works as people could find ways to circumvent the detection system)

Basically it uses a hacker trick in a non malicious way to acquire some "Computer specific" information about the members computer. If the member logs in under a different name using the same computer the exact same info is pulled and it will have a 100% match and announce the warning.

Things to know.

1) This system is 100% accurate. If it gives us a warning those two accounts have been accessed on cerb using the very same EXACT computer - it does not make a mistake. (Not possible)

2) Internet Cafe's and public computers in hotel lobbies cause the system to display warnings but we have a list of IP address's for many of these locations that we have compiled over the years. If someone tells us that they accessed cerb on one of these computers we still close the account if it looks suspicious BUT we record the IP as a possible public computer and over time we find out the truth.

3) In no way does this system pull personal information that could compromise your security or identify who you are. It can only identify your computer (and the identity is stored as a checksum encryption key value - tech terms for safe and encrypted data that looks like complete gibberish!).

4) Some computers prevent the system from acquiring this info so as accurate as this system is it does not catch 100% of the people! ... but it catches at least 90% and does a very good job at that.

That's what I like from Cerb, because they don't allow some agencies or other ladies to have multiple accounts and to post bad comments (bogus/fake reviews) about other ladies in the business.

Also recently I read that Cerb don't allow agencies/ladies to advertise via private messaging (it must be annoying for clients) and they don't allow the agencies to contact or try to recruit the independent ladies via PM. I didn't know. I knew they care about the ladies, but I didn't know they were ready to go that far to protect them and the community. With all the things going on, I guess it can only be a good thing for anyone with good intentions.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=19815

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=16212

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32457&highlight=shill

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=13477&highlight=shill

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=39166&highlight=shill+asian

Edited by Sexy_LanaMegane
  • Like 2

I use a proxy server for all my hobby postings. This keeps the information of where I have surfed and emailed off the local router.

The downside is that my IP address would be the same for anyone else using the same proxy server.

Will this be a problem if someone else uses the same proxy server?

I think that you wouold get the same problem if people logged in through the same internet connection.

No, this will not cause any problem. Also the site has a proxy busting script as well.

I have a question I hope to get staight. I have a friend for many years, he is a member here. Now, he has never posted about me or for me. In fact we have dicussed this issue when I first started on this site.. So at times I will go there to visit, I bring my own laptop, however will connect wireless. Is this a No no? Even if he will never post for me or on me? Thanks for future reference:)

Guest W***ledi*Time
I have a question I hope to get staight. I have a friend for many years, he is a member here. Now, he has never posted about me or for me. In fact we have dicussed this issue when I first started on this site.. So at times I will go there to visit, I bring my own laptop, however will connect wireless. Is this a No no? Even if he will never post for me or on me? Thanks for future reference:)

In my unofficial opinion, both aspects of this are okay.

First, the spirit of the rule: A person with whom you have a special relationship outside of the client/provider relationship, such as "a friend for many years", should not be posting about you, and he has not. The idea behind this rule is, of course, that someone who does not have an "arm's length" relationship with you would not be perceived to be objective in any comments he made about you.

Second, the letter of the rule: You are not sharing computers, but only an internet connection. So this would not generate a warning.

So neither the spirit nor the letter of the "Do Not Share Computers" Rule would be violated by the scenario you describe.

If someone however thought it was a shill post and the IP matched it could cause some issues. We would only look that up if a complaint was made however.

Guest W***ledi*Time
If someone however thought it was a shill post and the IP matched it could cause some issues. We would only look that up if a complaint was made however.

Of course in sophia's case, she has stated that there is no post whatsoever:

... he has never posted about me or for me... he will never post for me or on me ...