legal warning ... hold and weight?

I found this while looking at some ads and after laughting .. I started to wonder if it would actually make a diffrence in a court case?

"MONEY EXCHANGED FOR LEAGAL ADULT PERSONAL SERVICES IS FOR MODELING AND IS SIMPLY FOR THE TIME EXPENDED IN THE DELIVERY OF ADULT ENTERTAINMENT AND COMPANIONSHIP. ANYTHING ELSE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OCCUR IS A MATTER OF PERSONAL PREFERENCES BETWEEN 2 ADULTS OF LEAGAL AGE. THIS IS NOT AN OFFER OF PROSTITUTION. FEES/CHARGES ARE FOR TIME SPENT ONLY. BY CONTACTING ME BY PHONE OR EMAIL YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND ARE NOT PART OF ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY USING THIS ADVERTISEMENT FOR ENTRAPMENT OR FOR MY ARREST."

my feeling is that it would have no effect.

> I don't believe there is "entrapement" in our criminal code?

>> they can definetly "lie" or set up a "sting" to nab who they want...lol

even if a Hobbyist / or SP asks " you're not a cop"? as if they'll say yes...unless he's on the dole...rotflmao...lol

:cool:

I agree with Jessica it would have no effect. I see three men in uniform, all nice, and advise me that words are meaningless if your the target of a string...

Nice thought though Dreamer.

I am pretty sure no effect is almost right, the only effect being that they might actually LOOK MORE CLOSELY at those, lol.

Gotta love it though, as if cops can't pretend (lie)...ROFL.

This type of wording does work as it will attract a different kind of investigation. The clauses in all cap tend to look like a scam artist, and would alert the fraud squad, which would not care about hunting down prostitution. However, this clause will also attract the attention of the CAPITAL KEY COP and as well, the LEAGAL Spelling Cops.

Yeah, I saw quite a few of those on CL, and was wondering what they were smoking, so I know not to smoke it.

Cops do what they want to do, and how they want to do it.

I found this while looking at some ads and after laughting .. I started to wonder if it would actually make a diffrence in a court case?

"MONEY EXCHANGED FOR LEAGAL ADULT PERSONAL SERVICES IS FOR MODELING AND IS SIMPLY FOR THE TIME EXPENDED IN THE DELIVERY OF ADULT ENTERTAINMENT AND COMPANIONSHIP. ANYTHING ELSE THAT MAY OR MAY NOT OCCUR IS A MATTER OF PERSONAL PREFERENCES BETWEEN 2 ADULTS OF LEAGAL AGE. THIS IS NOT AN OFFER OF PROSTITUTION. FEES/CHARGES ARE FOR TIME SPENT ONLY. BY CONTACTING ME BY PHONE OR EMAIL YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND ARE NOT PART OF ANY LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCY USING THIS ADVERTISEMENT FOR ENTRAPMENT OR FOR MY ARREST."

my feeling is that it would have no effect.

I'll weigh in....

In my experience, the cops aren't THAT interested in us ladies going about our business .... unless someone complains. If we're discreet and don't draw a lot of attention, the cops will never bother us.

Where they WILL get involved is if they suspect there are underage girls underage drinking and taking drugs, which raises all kinds of red flags and will result in things like sting operations.

So relax if you're doing it right. Fortunately it isn't against the law in Canada to be in this business. It's certainly against the law to transact in public. Behind closed doors, however, as I'm sure we all know, in Canada it's our own private business.

Cheers,

Joyful Jillian

Guest katia
I'll weigh in....

In my experience, the cops aren't THAT interested in us ladies going about our business .... unless someone complains. If we're discreet and don't draw a lot of attention, the cops will never bother us.

Where they WILL get involved is if they suspect there are underage girls underage drinking and taking drugs, which raises all kinds of red flags and will result in things like sting operations.

So relax if you're doing it right. Fortunately it isn't against the law in Canada to be in this business. It's certainly against the law to transact in public. Behind closed doors, however, as I'm sure we all know, in Canada it's our own private business.

Cheers,

Joyful Jillian

You forgot cops will get envolved if drugs are envolved with you (taking or saling) if pimps (gangs or mafia) are envolved... If too much traffic at your home (complains). Today cops can find out anything without asking. In the US they will get envolved even if these things are not envolved with you...

Can we drop the gangs and mafia comments please. It's bad enough that the business has a dark side (all business's do) but comments like that just feed the already negative stereotype and only account for a small portion of the business and very little within the online world of service providers.

Can we drop the gangs and mafia comments please. It's bad enough that the business has a dark side (all business's do) but comments like that just feed the already negative stereotype and only account for a small portion of the business and very little within the online world of service providers.

Thank you!

This is a nice board, and you're a good Moderator.

We live in Canada where the laws are clear.

If people play by the rules, and don't invite trouble by recruiting underage girls and pimping them out, we all get to play another day.

I don't personally give a rat's ass what's happening in the US -- I know their laws are different and rather byzantine if you ask me. But let's be honest, it's a society with unimaginable double-standards on everything else. Does it really surprise us THAT MUCH that they're still as puritanical about sex as the day the Mayflower landed? ;)

Jillian