Out of province beware the Gentlemen's Club

I was in Winnipeg for a few days and decided I would stop by the Gentlemens (Strip) Club on Notre Dame to see the local talent. I had checked on their website http://www.thegentlemensclub.ca/ to find that out of province guests would get in without having ot pay the Cover Charge, with showing your ID.

I was stopped at the door and asked for my Id. I had no issue with showing the cute young lady who asked for it, but then she asked me for $7 cover in order to get in. When I informed her I had seen on their website that for out of province guests this should be waved she, proceeded to inform me that the website was outdated and that I would have to pay the $7. When I suggested to her that it was not my problem if they have not updated their website the bouncer/ DJ came over to ask me if I had a problem. I informed him of the statement on the website and made an effort to show him my ID, he gave me the same response of the webiste being outdated and that I would have to pay the $7. After some debate and a request to speak to a manager, who was not in for 2 hours. I was getting no where and I decided to leave. I did not follow up with the manager but feel I may. And when I again checked the website today it continues to state that out of province guests will get in with no cover. Very bad business practice.

I just wanted to pass along this to any other out of province people thinking they will get into the Gentlemens club.

I must be cheap too. I was outraged when they charged me $7.

Most strip clubs don't charge woman. It aint even all that great of a place either.

Super small in there. Drink prices are crazy expensive too.

They should update or honor what is on their website.

I agree it was only 7 bucks but sometimes one has to stand on your principles. And it is my opinion that businesses should be accountable for the informaiton that they put out there. I really got the impression that I was not the first one to question the $7 waving of the cover charge as the staff had a very quick and set response. Made me wonder if the website information is not some ploy to get people to the clubs doors and then get the money from people because they do not want to argue or have the hassle of going somewhere else.

I think we need to stand up for our rights and this club should change what it has on it website or honor its customers. Is the customer not always right??????

In this case it's a poorly managed club obviously... but the policy of the customer always being right went out the door years ago! Too many people over the years took advantage of that policy and as much as companies want to make you feel like you are right... when push comes to shove most companies no longer hold that policy.

If you really think you live in a world where the customer is always right you are sadly very mistaken. Pop that bubble and realize even if you are right no one cares most of the time! Some companies can weed out the people trying to abuse the policy and do try to please the customer if possible but most customers these days that claim "the customer is always right" are usually the cheap customers looking to screw someone (not true in this case but very often that is the case)

If you find a company that pitches this policy (wallie-mart for instance) it is because they make sooo much money they can afford to be screwed (and they are even smartening up about that now-a-days because too many people are abusing that policy.

You live in a capitalist society where profit is number one and customer support is a the bottom of the list (and usually sucks) ... all the money goes into advertising and very little goes into training and support.... in fact I am on hold right now as I type this thread (with Rogers) have been for 3.5 hours now and I have talked to about 7 people as our email accounts were all canceled today without warning and no one can fix this so far. This is about the 6th hour in the last 2 days with Rogers... I have been hung up on twice, told the wrong information about 10 times and literally been fu@ked around and not in any enjoyable way! (You all know exactly what I mean as everyone here I am sure has had the pleasure of the 1 hour hold just to be disconnected or transfered again to someone else!!! Or worse some idiot who pushes the wrong button and makes life that much more difficult for everyone!

It's just the way it is.

This guy at the stripclub... do you think the bouncer or dj cares? It's not his place... do you think the club owner gives a shit? No... Chances are it was put on the site with good intentions and as every good intention in business someone (or a number of people) with out of province ID's abused the no-cover policy and they just said fuck it everyone pays cover from now on. Or it could have been put on the site with ill intention to get you to the door and most people would just pay the cover and say ok and not be cheap about a 7.00 cover... so few people these days would hold ground over 7.00 that this is possible. Bottom line... they don't care and they have no reason to care....

Have you heard the saying "You show me a business where the customer is always right and I will show you a business that will be closed in less then 3 years" this has replaced the "customer is always right" saying. If you open a business in this day and age and claim the customer is always right you (and your good intentions) will be poor and jobless very quickly.

I used to work of a car rental place and the bottom line was at the end of the day you wanted your customer to be happy. To the person that complain, if you bought anything at Future Shop or Best Buy or anywhere where they do a 30 day price and you find your item had dropped price by $7 do you go back and get the bill re adjusted?

Yes Mod I agree that today things have gone to pot sometimes, and sure the dj/bouncer/coat check chick pbly don't care.... BUT. When your talking to that guy and you know the website is wrong and this guy is about to leave you have to stop and think.. He may call our boss, my boss may ask me why did I give a guy grief over $7 buck when he is going to plby drop $100 or more on booze and girls? If the drinks are so over priced as someone has stated, then they should have np making up for the loss of $7 bucks.

my 2 cents

I used to work of a car rental place and the bottom line was at the end of the day you wanted your customer to be happy. To the person that complain, if you bought anything at Future Shop or Best Buy or anywhere where they do a 30 day price and you find your item had dropped price by $7 do you go back and get the bill re adjusted?

Yes Mod I agree that today things have gone to pot sometimes, and sure the dj/bouncer/coat check chick pbly don't care.... BUT. When your talking to that guy and you know the website is wrong and this guy is about to leave you have to stop and think.. He may call our boss, my boss may ask me why did I give a guy grief over $7 buck when he is going to plby drop $100 or more on booze and girls? If the drinks are so over priced as someone has stated, then they should have np making up for the loss of $7 bucks.

my 2 cents

Very good comments. They have private dances there as well as the over priced drinks.

I'm sure the out of towners will drop at least a hundred in their establishment, but it was their loss. And like I said it wasn't much of a lose anyways. I'd recommend the Chalet over that place anyday. Cover is $5 and is a lot bigger in there. Plus they don't charge the ladies cover. There you will get the same girls as you would the Gentlemen's Club. Here in the Peg the girls jam, go club to club. So the one that was on stage there will show up in an hour or so at Teaser's (Chalet). Just a little info for any out of towner's that might be looking for a strip club.

I am a big believer in client service and best practices...if something is advertised it should be honoured...that is how I run my business...those are the values I teach my kids...don't offer what you cannot provide - it's a mistake you can only make once...if clients find one is not providing what's promised, one will find themselves without clients soon enough!

I am a big believer in client service and best practices...if something is advertised it should be honoured...that is how I run my business...those are the values I teach my kids...don't offer what you cannot provide - it's a mistake you can only make once...if clients find one is not providing what's promised, one will find themselves without clients soon enough!

I'm with you girl.

I agree with Synfulsydnee and Jillian. I maintain a "customer is ALWAYS right" philosophy and will, with a smile, carry the business thru until the transaction is complete. If the "guest" is out of line, he loses the priviledge of visiting with me. I will not entertain anyone a second time if they take advantage during the first visit.

I believe in leaving my money where I am treated with respect and I treat everyone who crosses my path the way I like to be treated. That said, I will never return to a business that was unreasonable or dishonest with me and that is always a costly mistake. I am the "one" to tell everyone I know if service is poor or the experience isn't up to snuff. I also am incredibly loyal to a business that has served me well, even if the prices increase as long as end result maintains the quality I expect. The real draw for me is the people. I have eaten at a restaurant for years because I loved the staff. The food was mediocre, the location inconvenient, but the people were priceless and made it all worth while. There are still places where service matters, it's just harder to find north of the Mason-Dixon line!

Catherine

...........priceless.......... There are still places where service matters, it's just harder to find north of the Mason-Dixon line!

Catherine

Not always "harder to find". I did. And it was North of Latitude 45? 21' N.

Actually it was at 45? 22' N -(minus) one and a half blocks South.

I have to agree with you cat I am the same way, if the service is good I go back no matter what the price is, if they treat me bad I never go back, I am the same with girls if they are good to me they get my return business and nice gifts from danier if i like them enough and they model for me :p

.......if they are good to me they get my return business and nice gifts from danier if i like them enough.............. :p

Gifts should always be from you, not from some other guy(?) named Danier................ Duh!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise it'd be too easy. I could always tell the lady, "Oh! BTW, your gift is not in this envelope; it'll be coming from Danier.........."

could be from anyone DUHHHHH???????? I know that other places girls like something special on top of roses for exceptionally good service, if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything!!!

could be from anyone DUHHHHH???????? I know that other places girls like something special on top of roses for exceptionally good service, if you dont have something nice to say dont say anything!!!

Well said hun. Roses and other gifts are always appreciated, not expected though.

True nothing nice to to say, say nothing at all!

Gifts should always be from you, not from some other guy(?) named Danier................ Duh!!!!!!!!!!

Otherwise it'd be too easy. I could always tell the lady, "Oh! BTW, your gift is not in this envelope; it'll be coming from Danier.........."

Do you you even have the concept on Danier? DUH!!

I'm assuming you are not shopping at one of the finest leather stores!

Just to clear things up, FSS has an incredibly dry wit, and his posts are always made in good humor. I assure you, he does not mean to raise anyones ire. While some pick up on the tone, others take the words literally which is always a problem when communicating on line. We lose the intonation and cadence of the spoken word, and misinterpretation is rampant when we are online. Please know, he is incredibly sweet natured, gentle, and kind hearted, tho sometimes a little too cerebral for his own good when he is posting.

Catherine

p.s. Love a man who takes a girl to Danier!

thanks for clearing that up cat, wasn't sure, and I always take a girl shopping at danier as long as they model what i get them for me its always the thought that counts for anything IMHO :D

Just to clear things up, FSS has an incredibly dry wit, and his posts are always made in good humor. I assure you, he does not mean to raise anyones ire. While some pick up on the tone, others take the words literally which is always a problem when communicating on line. We lose the intonation and cadence of the spoken word, and misinterpretation is rampant when we are online. Please know, he is incredibly sweet natured, gentle, and kind hearted, tho sometimes a little too cerebral for his own good when he is posting.

Catherine

p.s. Love a man who takes a girl to Danier!

Cat, as always you are the voice of reason (and of other things as well, and you're the only one who can use my handle's acronym without making it sound like it belongs on the FAQ). I didn't want to start getting into an argument. I find that explaining a joke makes things worse.

Back to the subject at hand:

Regarding taking a girl (or lady) shopping:

........and I always take a girl shopping at danier as long as they model what i get them for me.

If a lady is to model for me from where I take her shopping, it'll always be a perfume store (or body lotion..............). Need I add, modelling nothing else but the recent acquisition?

:D