Feeling really sad & depress

I am so upset at HOTMAIL right now. I don't know what to do with myself. I sent 2 batches of emails in BCC. For some reason, one batch didn't work and all emails showed up. Yikkess!!!!

I have emailed them to complain as I lost potential clients and possibly clients. Now everybody thinks I'm a stupid idiot. I am so down and just feel like crawling in a hole.. I can't stop crying.

My friend told me it also happened to her in the past but that didn't make this situation better. I feel really embarrased and iv'e never felt so terrible.

If you were on the list, I AM SINCERELY SORRY! I would never do anything to jeopardize your privacy. When i looked at my sent emails, It clearly showed that both batches were sent by bcc.

HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN? How could hotmail Fu** up like this? OMG i hope someone can shed a light on this because i don't have a clue where to begin to fix this. I've sent everyone an email apologizing but I have a feeling it won't do a darn thing.

It's days like this that make me want to give up on this job.

As of right now, :-( I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel. ;(

To be quite honest, don't know how to fix the issue, but I left Hotmail and went to gmail far superior as far as I'm concerned. Hope someone can help you out Selena, chin up :)

To be quite honest, don't know how to fix the issue, but I left Hotmail and went to gmail far superior as far as I'm concerned. Hope someone can help you out Selena, chin up :)

Gmail actually has a couple of different labs for just this reason...one is called:Got the wrong Bob?

and another is: undo send

and another i use is: Mail googles

Like Pete said Gmail is the way to go, I too bailed on Hot mail and went to google mail, it has some excellent features........

Listen, mistakes happen..... most people will accept that....those that don't, well it is there loss.....

If I were you, I would write a note to each and every person, explain what happened, and let them know how terribly upset you are at what happened.....most people will accept your sincere apology and will not let this incident affect their relationship with you....

Chin up...... far worse things in life happen.......

SNK

Sorry to hear, Selena_20. This is a definitely a show stopper in Hotmail. Fortunately, I've never come across this. But I must admit that I don't do BCC often.

I don't know if your recipients will feel better if you send them a follow up apology e-mail for the Hotmail error. Ask them to discard that e-mail ASAP. I would if that was me.

The Hotmail team is in the process of migrating their users to their new Windows Live Hotmail. If you're using the older Hotmail, I don't know if they will be addressing any issues found there.

Good luck!

Sorry to hear that Selena. As a previous poster said, people are usually pretty understanding, and a sincere apology goes a long way.

Hopefully they were smart enough to use an anonymous email address!

Try not to worry to much Selena, most all people will just disregard the other email addresses. If someone really had to hide who they are (Politicians), they should use an alternative email for hobbying.

It looks like Googlemail is in your future, and some of ours aswell.

Don't feel so bad, mistakes happen. I'm sure most, if not everyone is understanding.

Best wishes,

Accel

Lebers idea to ask them to "discard the previous e-mail" is a good one.

• Like 1

Selena I had this happen with an SP who used hotmail and same thing happened

I just shrugged it off as I use an email addy that does not refer to me personally hopefully the men involved have done the same and that they will forgive you your to cute to not forgive you

I hope people do not use there work or personal email for such matters. I also hope people act like a gentleman and just ignore the list of emails. I do when ever it happens to me, and it tends to happen with work email a few times a week.

Add another to the gmail fan club, easily the best.

I agree with others that an explanation and sincere apology may go farther than you think to pacify those on you email list. As mentioned most guys use anonymous email addresses so there should be little chance of confidential information being leaked.

For what it's worth if it had happened to me as a potential client and if I read the apology I would still want to visit.

It's easy to say but after a day or two this will not seem so bad.

You've acquired an excellent reputation, Selena. I'm sure your clients won't blame you, but as others have said, an apology would be a good gesture from you, and would be appreciated.

I use a "secret email address" for all of my hobbying etc. Most people who have something to hide do as well. A quick apology is a good idea, simply to explain that it was an error. Otherwise, I'm sure that there is no harm done. These things happen. Try not to dwell on it too much. ;)

Selena, keep your chin up! Anyone worth spending time with will understand and accept your apology with open arms!

Most Hobbyists use unidentifiable email addresses. I'm sure not much harm is likely done. People will understand and accept your apology.

Cheer up.

I've been on the receiving end of the same situation, girl organizing a gangbang and hotmail messed up the BCC, I wasnt too worried as I have several free emails but I think anyone using their ISP based or work email would have been concerned.

a simple individually apology note is definitely in order

NEWTON, MEGFORFUN, CATO, MIKEYBOY, D-BLUE, REDSHIRT, CHEEK TO CHEEK, REDDOG, lEBER & ACCELERATE!

I am feeling a bit down and overly sensitive. I actually cried when i seen everybodys response. Okay, okay, i did shed a few tears to be completely honest.

This place is like family to me. Whatever kind of day your having, there is always people there to support and help you. What do you know, I see the light NOW! lol. First time I've seen it all day. I knew I could depend on you all.

BIG HUG AND KISS TO ALL 10 OF YOU!

P.S

I spent 2 hours putting this second apology together. Phewfff!

I just hope everyone accepts it because it's from the bottom of my heart.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. You have such a pretty smile. I can't bear to think of you wasting it on tears....:grin: