Sign in to follow this  

Security Alert

click here to remove this threat using Security Master AV.

Is this legit???? It seems that I paid for something like this a few months ago, went to find the program and alas, it has disappeared. Am I getting sucked in to paying for yet another program?

No, this is fake. Master AV is a rogue anti-spyware. Please do not pay for this fake product. Please google search on how to remove master AV. There are (likely free) software available for this. I had this problem last month giving me fake scary warnings (including one warning on identity theft attempted!!!). I got myself StopZilla (paid $40 though) and got rid of this master AV virus. I think the free one that I tried (spyware doctor) did not appear able to remove it for me. Only Stopzilla did it for me.

You may find this related thread useful.

http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29155

Guest ca**eyf**

Be careful about giving your credit card info when these messages pop up. You may be lucky if all they charge to it is $40.00 or $50.00 for non existent security software. You may not have any problems at all. Any software you install from these messages is as likely to infect your computer as it is to fix it.

If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7 and do not have security software installed you might want to check out Microsoft Security Essentials. It is free. It may work on Windows XP also.