Review Observation

Guest NikkiStarr

As a new comer to both this board and as an SP, I have briefly introduced myself here and have been going through a lot of the posts familiarizing myself to this type of Internet marketing for an SP. (This is the first board I have every joined)

I have noticed that there seems to be a major ?catch-22? to someone like myself who is just starting out. From what I can tell the ever ?precious? review from clients seems to have the potential ofincreasing an SP?s clientele. The draw back is how to initially get that first review?

One member who first replied to my intro post and welcomed me to the board jokingly suggested I give a freebie ? (of course this freebie suggestion was for him :p **I want to make it clear that he was just kidding, and I took it just as that** (BTW, it was technically the mod of the board to first welcome me ;))

Anyway, all joking aside, I am really considering this suggestion! It just seems to me that I may just see a ROI (return on investment) by doing this. It is becoming apparent that if an SP wants to heavily market herself on the Internet than she must get that initial review, and of course ideally a really good one!

This is just my own observations as a newbie. I would appreciate any thoughts on this, especially from the SP?s, am I wrong in thinking having an initial review will help? Also, if I am suggesting doing something that could be considered improper or is some unwritten rule please let me know, as I am on a learning curve here in this industry.

Thank you.

Personally speaking as a long time SP you shouldnt have to give any of your services up for free

what you do is a business and trust me as time goes on and you have ur potential cliental which you will reviews will be posted and yes very helpful

give it time everything will work out for the best

from one sp to another

Danielle

One member who first replied to my intro post and welcomed me to the board jokingly suggested I give a freebie – (of course this freebie suggestion was for him :p **I want to make it clear that he was just kidding, and I took it just as that** (BTW, it was technically the mod of the board to first welcome me ;))

I never said "freebie" singular; it was plural ;)

Yes technically it was the "Mod" who first welcomed you. (He always does that; stealing our thunder.)

Kidding aside, my (and many others', I daresay) suggestion would be to give such great service to your first visitors that they'll post glowing reviews (while they're still smiling). That, will eventually snowball to the point where Forumites will be whining about how they can't get hold of you or get a rendez-vous this decade.

Good luck and may Erox smile down upon you. (I had to put an "x" there because that particular Deity's name is a no-no.)

Personally speaking as a long time SP you shouldnt have to give any of your services up for free

what you do is a business and trust me as time goes on and you have ur potential cliental which you will reviews will be posted and yes very helpful

give it time everything will work out for the best

from one sp to another

Danielle

I fully agree with Danielle. You do not need to give anything to anyone and the last thing you would want to do is give a special to someone to get a nice review and then provide a not so good service to your next clients and then your in trouble.

Let the board know you welcome reviews and as Danielle said, next thing you will know, is that there will be someone posting a review. As long as you are consistent, deliver what you say you will and not be a clock watcher as you mention on your website you should do just fine.

Reviews come for the service you offer...

I.E ( Environment, comfort level, ability and of course looks).

Never offer freebies love, your time is very valuable, not all SP & clients click...and thats ok.

Be safe...

One member who first replied to my intro post and welcomed me to the board jokingly suggested I give a freebie ? (of course this freebie suggestion was for him :p **I want to make it clear that he was just kidding, and I took it just as that** (BTW, it was technically the mod of the board to first welcome me ;))

And for all those (no specific personalities targeted) who thought I was not (kidding, that is) and that my postwasa veiled threat :rolleyes: writtenUSING newspaper clippings, I..........w.a.s...........k.i.d.d.i.n.g and NikkiStarr not only understood that I was kidding but she said it.

WOWWWWWWWWWW calm down

we were only giving advice

no one is pin pointing anyone

Like i said as a LONG TIME SP i am onli giving my opinion as to how to get your reviews posted and as i said after seeing clients and if they like how the session went then everything will be fine

WOWWWWWWWWWW calm down

I guess I forgot the smileys (How many am I allowed on this Forum?)

Smile-smile, wink-wink.

;):D:)

I just got told off (only four images).

An introductory special for cerb members always works well, not free but less than you anticipate in the future ie $250 for an hour and half instead of $250 for an hour this week for cerb members? You get the idea.

Ladies that have run these types of promotions have attracted clients, recent history includes Cat and the $250 weekend special, PK and the customer appreciation day, Alexxxis and the fifth visit is free and you can forget her red river special? All successful and review specials.

Of course if you have incredible service and a body to die for than you need nothing else just your presence is extraordinarily special, Paige would fall into that category!

As i stated, as a long time sp which I have had great reviews to show for i dont feel you should have to give any of your services up for free to grab a great review

just my opinion

to each their own,im not knocking anyone for how they advertise their business

you do what you feel is best for you

I just never had to do that

Danielle

Guest NikkiStarr

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to thank everyone for the warm welcome you have given me and the good advice. I agree with Danielle. So there will be absolutely no freebies :D

Everyone who has responded has been so nice and forthcoming, I am glad I decided to join this board. (and I am also glad things are kept fairly light hearted around here.)

Anyway, thank you to all who gave advice. You are all a great bunch of people to chat with.

Welcome to the message board! I'm a newbie to this board as well.

Message boards rock. Our venerable Moderator is very respectful, wise, savvy when it comes to BS, and totally dedicated to the integrity of this industry. I love it here.

Oh my goodness, what a timely question and wonderful advice.

I love you guys!

Learning curve - ya, tell me about it.....I too am newly (back) in the business, new in town, unreviewed, and was asked to give a freebie.

I would agree with everyone so far who has said don't do it. There are a few reasons. People can sniff out a "shill" a mile away on this board. From what I've read in different threads, it isn't viewed in a positive light for either the reviewer or the lady.

What I've discovered thus far is that offering special introductory pricing is a wonderful idea. So are themed evenings. During the hockey play-offs I have my massage table set up in proximity to the TV and offer "Hockey Night in Heaven" specials for my clients to come over, watch the game while they enjoy their favourite beverage and snacks and I work all the knots and kinks out of their poor stressed-out hides. Most of my clients work way too hard, enjoy hockey, and hey, so do I - it's the playoffs after all...and they seem to enjoy killing two birds with one stone. S'cuse the pun. ;)

Swimmer - you're so funny - when I come to Ottawa I really wanna meet you.

During the hockey play-offs I have my massage table set up.........and offer "Hockey Night in Heaven" specials for my clients...<snip>...., [to] watch the game while they enjoy their favourite beverage and snacks and I work all the knots and kinks out of their poor stressed-out hides. ........<snip>..........playoffs after all...and they seem to enjoy killing two birds with one stone. S'cuse the pun. ;)

"Some" arenas might frown upon that activity.

(Sorry. Had to do some editing without snipping or cutting too much off.)

Swimmer - you're so funny - when I come to Ottawa I really wanna meet you.

I'd love 2 meet u 2 but, following your advice, I might not offer any freebies but then a "gentleman" should never accept money from a lady.

Regards,

Oooooooooooopps.......... almost signed the post.

If we can't laugh at ourselves, might as well use that straight razor and go for a full decapitation.

I have just started running the "weekend special", and it has been a tremendous amount of fun! I have never before discounted, negotiated or haggled, but I realized that there are guests out there who work too hard to spend their money without knowing what they are in for. Having a "special" has allowed me to meet some really great people that I otherwise wouldn't have encountered, and they now know that a visit with me is worth the investment. It really ended up being a win-win situation, that I now do not hesitate to participate in. My only complaint is that the hour is over too soon, my body clock is set for the much longer sessions....

Catherine

Guest NikkiStarr
I have just started running the "weekend special", and it has been a tremendous amount of fun! I have never before discounted, negotiated or haggled, but I realized that there are guests out there who work too hard to spend their money without knowing what they are in for. Having a "special" has allowed me to meet some really great people that I otherwise wouldn't have encountered, and they now know that a visit with me is worth the investment. It really ended up being a win-win situation, that I now do not hesitate to participate in. My only complaint is that the hour is over too soon, my body clock is set for the much longer sessions....

Catherine

sounds like a good idea to me Cat, I am going to PM you if you don't mind

Guest LilaTraviata

It is really hard to get a toe hold, from my own experience. There is so much to learn!

As per Calgary rules, I am with an agency, and only get the general "Just send a warm body" calls. I can understand that, the newbie has to start at the bottom. I am eagerly anticipating making my way up, and getting experience.

So, does one need to do anything special to foster this review? Cuz I am fine with being reviewed.

That CERB member special sounds like a great idea! What say you Calgary gentlemen? An hour and a half for the price of an hour, this Monday, all day, and all night!

Guest LilaTraviata

And also, swimmer and Nikki; you guys are just so much fun! Freebies indeed. And not just one! Nice to see a good sense of humor!

Good thread, for me just knowing that you are getting what you want and the person you meet is the one in the pictures is enough for me. I will write an honest review and go from there, the most important thing for me is that by using cerb and meeting your sp from there you can aquire a good reputation as a client and can experience all of the sp's on here and they know you and you know them so to speak. Again for me it is a trust issue, I know I am not going to get ripped off or "bait and swtched" like i have had happen previously, if the girls offer a discount for cerb members all the power to them, i would never ask for that I pay the rate they want no questions asked :-) Just my 2 cents worth for what its worth.

Very good observations Amadeus, it is about reputations Ours and Theres, I like to get to know SP's and if the service is good I like to leave a little extra tip, it is like any other service business people like to know they appreciated.

Guest LilaTraviata

A liitle extra tip never hurts, and certainly remembers the gentlemen to me. Praise, positive feedback, and even contructive critisism all are valuable, and good to hear.

Who doesn't like to stand back from a time well enjoyed, and see a big ole smile on the face of the guy or gal you just spent time with?

If a person is looking for something new, a special may be just the thing to get to meet the SP. You can always be prepared with extra cash, if you hit it off, and want more time!

I agree with Danielle, I have never dropped price of had weekend specials. I think time is the best advise. Most SP don't last long so turn over rate is very high, long time SP's like Danielle & Myself, build by word of mouth VIA email and cerb. After awhile you will have very devoted gentlemen.

Kisses to all my cuddlers.

Hey All,

And especial pretty paige, I hope you count me in the group of devoted followers!

But back to the thread, I don't think it is right for any member of any board to ask for a discount for a review, 2 things happen, that member is loosing credibility with the person they are asking, and if they follow through the review is not from an unbiased perspective it has to be positive regardless of the actual visit.

A few basic rules of economics to play into all this as was observed in the "BBBJ for $40" thread. If you have some kind of promotion you will accelerate the normal time it takes to build a client?le, if you want to ramp up your business quickly this is an effective way to do it (not necessarily offering $40 bj's).

At the end of the day no one is going to pay more than what they believe they get from the experience. I can tell you straight out that I will pay at least 20x as much to be with Paige than i would to be with Eve the BBBJ girl and in fact if you add extra services and time I would pay more than that Paige is far more than a BBBJ and she does not charge me 20*$40=$800 so I find her a better value, if she did charge $800 I may consider Eve.

Every SP has there niche market and they need to find their niche and market to it accordingly, no 2 people are alike I think a reasonable analogy although not completely fair to SP's is the Hospitality market. There are fleebag motels in every town and you know what you are getting and you can get a room for $40. Or you can choose the Ritz Carlton and rooms are $500+. The experience and the ambiance are unique to both, the client?le is not the same. All different kinds of Hotels have specials and they even change there prices depending on the season, so price adjustments and promotions are not a dirty word it just depends on your tolerance to ride out the slow times, and the level of service your clients perceive that they are getting.

If you have arrived at a successful price point and have an adequate supply of business that don't mess with success, also if you are new to the business and business is slow to pick up, don't jump on every advertising medium and try all kinds of specials to force the business either. Regardless of how good you are or how much exposure you have there is definitely an element of time, however years can be changed to months with a committed one year plan combining specials and marketing, once you get the level of business you want and that will take 3-6 months than you can reduce or eliminate the specials. If you are planing a longer career then on going promotion is necessary as clients move, die, get relationships outside of visiting favorite SP's etc...

I have devoted a life time to marketing and sales, it is an art, just one of many talents that a successful SP needs to master. If you can't get it, sign on with an agency, that is there business, just make sure that they are good at it before you make any commitments.

As an independent SP, who is still fairly new to the biz....I couldn't agree more with dummpy. Providing quality service, being consistent and reliable, and most of all HONEST with your clients will build you a positive reputation that will last far longer than a shill review in exchange for a freebie. Believe in the quality of what you have to offer....Offer it to the best of your ability, and your business will be growing steadily before you know it!

• Like 1

Guest NikkiStarr

(I have devoted a life time to marketing and sales......).

So dummpy, you taking on any new clients??? (just kidding) :)

Guest f***2f***
I agree with Danielle, I have never dropped price of had weekend specials. I think time is the best advise. Most SP don't last long so turn over rate is very high, long time SP's like Danielle & Myself, build by word of mouth VIA email and cerb. After awhile you will have very devoted gentlemen.

Kisses to all my cuddlers.

The other thing though Paige is that you are an honest and genuine person who gives exactly what you advertise. You are dependable and fun to be with, a real treat. In any business if you give good honest dependable service you get loyal customers....my 2 cents.