Contact dances: entertainment or prostitution

While replying to a thread, i found the following (in french, from Quebec's legal information society) and thought it may be of interest.

http://soquij.qc.ca/fr/ressources-pour-tous/articles/les-danses-contacts-divertissement-ou-acte-de-prostitution

To summarise, the article deals with the legal issues surrounding "contact dances" (i.e. in the CR), in defining if it is considered "entertainment" or an "act of indecency or prostitution committed in a bawdy house". This started in a municipal court to end up last june with a Quebec Appeal Court decision. The initial accusations contained the notion of being within a "common bawdy house". As I understand it, "indecency" (indecent acts) and "prostitution" are not well defined, if at all, on a legal standpoint, and it is left to interpretation according to what is acceptable socially. In any case, according to the decision, being in a strip club is not illegal in itself unless "sexual gratification" happens, leading to the application of article 197 (1) (the bawdy house disposition) of the criminal code.

It's an interesting read for those who read french.

No, no, i just tried to summarise a french article the best i could... I found this article (it discusses a recent legal decision) as it seems to put boundaries around what should (or shouldnt) happen in a club.