Renting or buying?

Guest f***2f***

Good Financial advice, better to rent?

The math on the Paul McCartney-Heather Mills divorceis: After 5 years of marriage, he paid her $49 million.

Assuming he banged her every night during their 5 yearrelationship (and being married men, we all know THAT doesn'thappen), it ends up costing him $26,849 per lay, not countingattorney's fees and court costs.

On the other hand, Elliot Spitzer's call girl Kristen charges$4,000 an hour. Crazy right?

But...

Had Paul McCartney employed Kristen for 5 years, he would've paid$7.3 million for an hour of sex every night for 5 years (a savingsof $41+million).

Value-added benefits are: a 22 year old hot babe, no begging, nocoaxing, never a headache, wide open menu, ability to put BOTH legsaround you, no bitching and complaining or 'to do' lists. Best ofall she leaves when you're done and come back the next day, readyfor another round, allfor 1/7th the cost, with no legal fees.

Is it just me, or is it better to rent?

Think of the cost if you buy, then rent on the side!

Catherine

Think of the cost if you buy, then rent on the side!

Catherine

Besides the humour of the scenerio, even when applied to real estates, yes, it is sometimes better to rent then buy. Given that once you buy, you are owning property tax, school tax, water bill, and will definately own hydro and heating expense which would be multiple times more expensive than rental buildings hydro/heating.

Then theres the more expensive property insurance, then unexpected maintenance, the re-roofing cost, the neighbour's tree's root broke your foundation or sewer pipe cost. Not to include that you are paying a mortgage, which is mostly paying interest to borrow cost. Very little of that portion goes towards the actually borrowed amount for the first 3-5 years. Then don't forget that because you work 2 jobs to pay all these cost, you need to hire a guy to cut your lawn, manicure your garden, and shovel your snow cost.

But if you have a property that you can rent partly to a tenant which is clean, quiet, and pay the bill, it would be a great situation.

Now, to Cat's point - are you saying we guys marry, and rent portion of the unused time out to others for a fee?

Usually that just happens for free.

This is a painful thing for me as i am on wife number three! so I have first hand knowledge of the incredible costs.

However I think the analogy to real estate is not valid, because when you are done with property you can sell it for a profit. I think it is more like leasing vs buying a car, we all know that cars have horrible depreciation, just look the current value of a 2000-2001 s class Mercedes or 7 series BMW, and don't forget that they were 120K 7-8 years ago!

And I own and rent now, ownership is way more expensive than renting. And as the American Expresses used to say there are privileges with ownership but they are all hers! For some reason every wife I have ever had has translated the maximum allowable on the credit card to there monthly spending allowance! So what do you do leave them maxed and pay crazy interest? And somehow whenever we do something together that has to come from my credit card or bank account, even though I just paid hers off!

All my wives have had good jobs, we get married they deiced they don't want to work anymore! What do I look like a lottery!

I knew this one was going to get me trouble,

What everyone has failed to factor in is that whether you rent or buy you are doing it with after tax dollars and if an "assest" doesn't add actual cashflow to a situation, it is in fact a liability!

Every dollar should be viewed as an "employee" and produce a return in your assest column. I agree with Dummpy, real estate isn't the best analogy, the car lease makes more sense. When the lease is up, you have a "buy out" which is always more than the car is worth.

As for renting out the unused time with a "purchase", I happen to think it would do most relationships a world of good. A woman who feels desired and is in touch with her inner vixen is always more fulfilled, and nothing says "I want you" more than an envelope on the dresser! I would take the glow of the envelope over paying off my credit cards any day...

Catherine