Been tasked with finding a good virtual PBX - Anyone use my1voice.com?

I am sure one or two of our tech minded guys out here use (or have set up) a VirtualPBX for a business. For those who do not know what a Virtual PBX is it's that annoying thing when you call a business that says "Press one for XXX" "Press 2for xxxx" etc...

I found one in the USA that looked great (http://www.virtualpbx.com) lots of great reviews but if your in Canada they slap on a extra 5 cents per minute for toll free calls (Making it much less appealing) plus they slap on a extra 4% sales tax?? (Usually when you purchase something outside of Canada you do not pay sales tax right?)

I was thinking of setting up Asterisk/trixbox/etc.. but it's too much work and just another thing for me to maintain... so I want to find one that is third party but reliable (No dropped calls, transfer issues, etc..)

So far I found this company in Ottawa (Made me think.. hey! Why don't I ask the cerb guys) http://www.my1voice.com/ (owned by Protus)

I found some other ones in Canada but none that had all the features on the wish list.

Some needs...

-Will transfer calls to other extensions or numbers using standard phone lines (Press * during a call and a prompt comes on asking where to transfer the call)

-Music on hold

-day/night/hours mode

-ACD queue

-virtual calling card

Hopefully some of you have experience with this and can recommend someone for me.

Guest S*rca****sid

There's another one in Ottawa I hear advertised all the time. It's called Versature, http://www.versature.com/. I'm not sure how good it is compared to the others, as I don't have a need for it myself.

Thanks, They do not appear to have a calling card feature and the details of what type of auto-attendant features that are available are not well explained but I will shoot them off a email tomorrow and see. Nice to have a few to compare I did not find this one on my own.

Hopefully someone has first hand experience with a few and can give me a good recommendation as I would hate to use one that is not dependable.

I know people that work at Protus so my opinion is a little biased, but the product seems to do everything you want and a lot more. I have seen the interface and even used it on occassion.

I am also looking at expanding the company tell service ...so far have been buying this service from Bell at a Huge! price

I'll be watching this thread :) already looking at 1 voice...

Loki318

We have used the bell snr system with a feature called director and it is very limited.

... so far the protus one is at the top of the list.

I didn't see it listed but I also need a "hunt group" of up to 30 lines like a mini call ct. ... You know the message... "all of our agents are busy now"... etc etc This may included in this under a different name???

We have had good service from Bell but they are expensive.

Versa has the " Hunt Group" option I need and the the ultimate plan with 2000 mins per person looks good to :) A consult with the Tech Dept, and I just might be the boss's hero again :)

Thanks Guys

Loki318

Edited by Loki318
More info

that is what the acd queue is... it puts them on hold and waits for a available operator.

I didn't see it listed but I also need a "hunt group" of up to 30 lines like a mini call ct. ... You know the message... "all of our agents are busy now"... etc etc This may included in this under a different name???

We have had good service from Bell but they are expensive.

Versa has the " Hunt Group" option I need and the the ultimate plan with 2000 mins per person looks good to :) A consult with the Tech Dept, and I just might be the boss's hero again :)

Thanks Guys

Loki318

that is what the acd queue is... it puts them on hold and waits for a available operator.

neither of them service NB Alliant still has a monopoly here.

*cough* ahem... what about the tech minded ladies on the board? We also look good. ;)

Here's a couple more that you might want to look into...

http://www.ringcentral.com/

http://www.comcanada.ca/

omg! so sorry... I should not have said guys as we do have a lot of techie ladies here. my appologies. thank you for the links Kyra.

Guest p*****1*3

It's a voip PBX that installs on a windows machine .... it is chock full of features ....

I don't really want one in-house. I would end up having to maintain another machine and it would just chew up bandwidth. I am looking for a 3rd party solution that is reliable. I am surprised no one has tried this my1voice.com company locale in Ottawa it does look to be the best choice so far. I am going to try the free trial offer I think and play with it for a few weeks and see how it goes.