i HAVE BEEN SLANDERED ALL OVER CANADA! These ads are malicious acts designed to put me out of bussiness. They have posted on CL and other review boards across Canada!! These are all lies, I have no idea who is doing it.I cant prove who it is and I have 3 suspects in mind.They have posted my real name, saying I do drugs, and I am in my 40's, and that I have STD's NONE OF THIS TRUE!!!! I am at a lost of what to do.I fear for my safety with all this going around. I am a safe and responsable SP.If anyone sees these ads, please inform me?If you have seen me and do not agree with this slander then perhaps you can help me flag them?PLEASE ANYONE WHO CAN HELP??:ablow::ablow:

When you see posts on any site, whether CL or other, report the posts each and every time. CL has a whole section for reporting abuse and harrassment. fwiw, they will remove such posts within an hour or less, but you must report them. abuse @ the name of the site will reach them as well as the online contact report form in the abuse/help/faq section. CL does not allow others to post info without the consent of the one being posted about, so you always use that as the reason for removal.

For review forums, the best defense is a good offense. Post threads, without using caps, exclamation points, or hyteria, and state what is happening. That way, if/when something shows up, you have already addressed it and new handles or posters will be treated with suspicion. the board admin should respond quickly to your requests to remove personal info, they do normally anyway, so it should not be difficult to have them be proactive.

• Like 1

When you see posts on any site, whether CL or other, report the posts each and every time. CL has a whole section for reporting abuse and harrassment. fwiw, they will remove such posts within an hour or less, but you must report them. abuse @ the name of the site will reach them as well as the online contact report form in the abuse/help/faq section. CL does not allow others to post info without the consent of the one being posted about, so you always use that as the reason for removal.

For review forums, the best defense is a good offense. Post threads, without using caps, exclamation points, or hyteria, and state what is happening. That way, if/when something shows up, you have already addressed it and new handles or posters will be treated with suspicion. the board admin should respond quickly to your requests to remove personal info, they do normally anyway, so it should not be difficult to have them be proactive.

I have tried the abuse line at CL, but the responds is that the only thing they can do is give IP to the local police...which uno, I cant do.But I will try that way again. Do you think I should say something to administration about this problem?I dont want to set alarms off for them either, although perhaps there already is?Thank you for your consideration on this matter!

I have tried the abuse line at CL, but the responds is that the only thing they can do is give IP to the local police...which uno, I cant do.But I will try that way again. Do you think I should say something to administration about this problem?I dont want to set alarms off for them either, although perhaps there already is?Thank you for your consideration on this matter!

I don't know what you mean when you say "administration", sorry.

When you deal with abuse@ craigs list .org, it is all by email or using the contact form, which is a form you fill out etc. I think you have to just keep reporting them, requesting the removal and if it does not come down within that short time, then report again. If you have a phone# to call, try not to do it every time. But for the reports via email, if you find you have had to do it a dozen or more times, I think they will deal with the accounts themselves just to stop the reports and hassle of post removal. I think they obviously look at the post, look at whatever you yourself are posting in your name, at some point, but primarily they get the request, remove the post and that is the end of their involvement. what I would do, when you have their confirmation of post removals x 10 or so, contact them again, let them know how many they have removed and can they now take fursther action to block the account/IP responsible.

I have some experience with this, and can say that at this time, the one mainly behind it has a REALLY hard time, in spite of her use of proxies, and whatever other means she has to create and use multiple new accounts, cannot keep an ad posted 95% of the time. However, she harrassed numerous other sps in my area, was reported online and by phone more than once, before she stopped. The karma, now even tho she has stopped (which probably has more to do with having to pay to get new accounts lol) is that time after time you check a recently posted ad by her and voila, flagged for removal almost as soon as posted.

So, report report report. Ask friends to flag. Post on forums with your side of the story as pre damage control as i say, someone is bound to show up with a copy of these ads (usually a cohort or the one posting them in the first place; they get frustrated when you are able to get the posts removed quickly, and end up trying to act all "oh look what I found, don't know if it is true, but it might be, so watch out" kind of thread.