Massage in Saint John

I noticed the Sunflower Spa on Waterloo street in Saint John a week or so ago and looked them up on the web. The store front reminded me of the massage parlours in Toronto and sure enough it would appear to be an adult massage. I haven't gone yet but was wondering if anyone else had?

They are advertised on kijiji just do a google search.

I also drove by the "airport health spa" in Deippe (Moncton) and it appears to be closed. Anyone know of any other massage parlours in New Brunswick or Nova Scotia?

Well finally we have a brick and mortar massage parlour in the martimes. I don't know why it took this long for an entrepreneur to set up shop in any maritime province.

The parlour is newly renovated from a previous cafe and so is spotlessly clean. The pictures on Kijiji are accurate. Three rooms are available.

I went on the second night of opening week (October 15?). Two ladies, seasoned imports from Toronto, one from Hong Kong, the other from Shanghai. Both appear in their early thirties. They greet you wearing formless pink robes, but wear short summer dresses underneath. Reasonable English as they are seasoned in Toronto.

Rates are ********** minutes. Pretty standard non-fs Asian fare. You're nude with a towel covering your ass and privates. Option of hard, soft, or walking (handle bars on the ceiling). Then comes the flip and it's an extra 60 for the happy ending tug. I got her topless and feasted on her breasts. Very busty and firm I might say :D. She was moaning encouragements while doing the deed. Clean up with hot towels. The rest of your time is taken up in a scalp/facial massage.

Shower facility available, but the towels are paper-thin and come from some sauna in Hong Kong.

YMMV because I am Chinese-Canadian and spoke with the masseuse in her native language. Repeat no because I'm originally from Vancouver and having visited Montreal, there's way more bang for your buck out there.

Whoever the owner is, I totally applaud them for this foray into our part of the world. There are no established full time SP's in Saint John. They will be making a lot of money if they stay for the year. (1 year trial)

1. Lots of construction workers

2. 5-10 minutes from various Irving buildings and office towers

3. 20 metres from Blush, the only strip club in town.

4. Cruise ship tourists during the season

5. Located in a densely populated area.

6. No competition

Negatives are no back door entrance, non-Montreal style, and pricey!

This place is great, it's clean the ladies are very good looking,and not only is the massage done like a profesional, there's that extra relief at the end. I'm definately going back. Recomend you try it out.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Thanks to fisherman48 for posting a link to the following in the General Discussion Area for Canada.

Tom Roszell reports for News 88.9, 10 Feb 2011:

http://www.news889.com/news/local/article/181816--city-police-make-arrests-at-alleged-common-bawdy-house

SAINT JOHN - Three people have been charged with running a common bawdy house after police raided a Waterloo Street spa.

Saint John police searched the
Sun Flower Spa
yesterday afternoon and seized a quantity of cash.

Two women in their fifties are charged with being an inmate in a bawdy house, living off the avails of prostitution and possession of the proceeds of crime.

A man in his thirties also faces a charge of being an inmate in a bawdy house.

All three have been released and will appear in court at a later date.

well it dosent matter if they can make the charges stick or not they closed another one ..... no-one will visit now for fear of being caught in another raid.

it was fun while it lasted

Guest W***ledi*Time

April Cunningham reports for the Telegraph-Journal, 11 Feb 2011:

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1379265

Cops say Sunflower Spa on Waterloo Street was an undercover prositution business

SAINT JOHN - For the first time in at least 15 years, the Saint John Police Force has raided a so-called massage parlour for several prostitution-related offences.

image.php?id=664814&size=265x0

Photo: Peter Walsh/Telegraph-Journal

A sign on the front door of the Sunflower Spa on Waterloo Street indicated it wasn't open for business.

image.php?id=664815&size=265x0

Photo: Peter Walsh/Telegraph-Journal

The Sunflower Spa on Watreloo Street was the site of a raid on Thursday.

But an expert on the sex trade in the Maritimes questions the police action when Canadian law around prostitution remains cloudy in light of a recent Ontario court ruling that would decriminalize the trade.

Police arrested two women and one man Wednesday afternoon at the Sunflower Spa, which opened at 7 Waterloo St. a few months ago.

"It's basically, for lack of better terms, prostitution inside instead of outside," Sgt. John Wilcox of the Saint John Police Force said.

The two Asian women, both in their 50s and not originally from Saint John, are facing charges of being an inmate in a bawdy house, living off the avails of prostitution and possession of proceeds of crime.

It's not clear if the women own the business.

The local man, a customer in his 30s, faces charges of being an inmate in a bawdy house.

Police seized around $10,000 in cash from the establishment, which Wilcox described as high-end, where people could buy sex or sexual acts for around $140.

"It's been under cover of a regular massage spa, which kind of takes away from legitimate ones in the community," he said.

While the police don't have the power to shut down such a business, Wilcox said they are watching it and will conduct further raids if necessary. Police know other women work there.

Police have also engaged the Safer Communities and Neighbourhoods investigators, who under new provincial legislation, can evict people from buildings where illegal things take place, including drug dealing and prostitution.

The Waterloo Street area is known for prostitution. In November, a sex trade worker in the area was the victim of a brutal assault, which kept her in hospital for weeks.

The danger of the outside work is exactly why the Ontario court struck down the law, said Leslie Jeffrey, a professor at the University of New Brunswick Saint John and author of
Sex Workers in the Maritimes Talk Back.

After so many published incidents of murdered or missing sex workers, the courts could no longer ignore the fact that the law was actually causing more harm than good, she said.

"The evidence is that (indoors) is the least dangerous please to practise the trade," she said.

In bigger cities, such as Toronto and Montreal, bawdy houses are often left alone. "But the Maritimes has been a bit harsher in shutting them down."

The fact the law could change later this year raises questions of what would happen to those charged, she said.

"It does put police in an awkward position," Jeffrey said. "The law is dodgy right now."

A stay on the Ontario ruling expires in April, and if the Supreme Court upholds the ruling communicating for the purposes of prostitution, pimping and operating a common bawdy house could become legal across Canada.

Meanwhile, it was no secret for many neighbours along Waterloo Street that something more than innocent massages was taking place at the spa, which stays open late with darkened windows.

Nancy Hickey, the manager of Top's Pizza on the corner of Union and Waterloo streets, said she once saw a woman in a housecoat kissing a man inside the business.

"I thought 'The rumours are true,' " she said. "Usually a massage parlour is bright and inviting. This was dark, very secretive and they had a camera right at the door."

The last bawdy house raid Wilcox remembers was on Station Street 15 or 20 years ago, he said.

The street crime unit has been investigating the Sunflower Spa for three or four months, collecting complaints and intelligence.

"It was just in the last couple weeks we turned it up a little bit," he said.

Wilcox said he has compassion for women in the sex trade, who often do it out of desperation to feed a drug habit. But he believes brothels should be shut down because they are almost always linked to other illegal activity and exploit women.

"To look at prostitution in isolation or feel the justice is hurting the sex trade workers, what I say to that is, it's not entirely the full story," Wilcox said. "Usually it's all connected through criminal network."

Guest W***ledi*Time

Bruce Bartlett reports for the Telegraph-Journal, 15 Apr 2011:

SAINT JOHN - Two women charged with keeping a common bawdy house, following a police raid at the Sunflower Spa on Waterloo Street in February, failed to show up for court Thursday.

Warrants were issued for the arrest of Yen Nei Lee, 50, of Thornhill Ont., and Yen Nei Lo, 49, of Scarborough, Ont.

When police raided the establishment on Feb. 9 they found three people inside. Trevor Friars, 36, of Rothesay appeared in court Thursday with a lawyer who asked for an adjournment without plea until May 5. He is charged with being an inmate of a common bawdy house....

full article: http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1398248

I feel really really sorry for Trevor Friars!

Anyways, now the vacated shop has become the campaign headquarters for NDP candidate Rob Moir for the federal riding of Saint John. I may have to vote NDP just to spite the conservatism and close-mindedness ripe in New Brunswick!

Getting a massage and a happy ending in a safe, discreet environment is better than wasting gas trolling for a blowjob from a SW and getting ripped off on Waterloo street.

Guest W***ledi*Time

The Telegraph-Journal reports, 19 Apr 2011:

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1399222

Warrants vacated on bawdy house charge

SAINT JOHN - Warrants issued for two women charged with keeping a common bawdy house, following a police raid at the Sunflower Spa on Waterloo Street in February, were vacated Monday when lawyer Reid Chedore showed up with documents saying he was retained to represent them. He was not in court Thursday when their names were read out. Chedore said Yen Nei Lee, 50, of Thornhill Ont., and Yen Nei Lo, 49, of Scarborough, Ont. retained him before they left Saint John last month but he had been unaware the case was scheduled for pleas last week. He asked for time to review the file, so provincial court Judge William McCarroll set it over to May 18.

Guest W***ledi*Time

Bruce Bartlett reports for the Telegraph-Journal, 19 May 2011:

http://telegraphjournal.canadaeast.com/city/article/1407711

SAINT JOHN - A lawyer representing two women charged with keeping a common bawdy house appeared in court Wednesday asking for an adjournment while the validity of Canadian laws on prostitution remains in question.

Reid Chedore appeared for Yen Nei Lee, 50, of Thornhill Ont., and Yen Nei Lo, 49, of Scarborough, Ont., who were charged following the raid on the Sunflower Spa on Waterloo Street in February.

He asked for an adjournment because of a lower court ruling in Ontario last fall that threw out the Criminal Code sections making it illegal to provide a space for prostitution to take place, saying it increased the dangers faced by sex trade workers.

That decision was stayed by the Ontario Court of Appeal in December, reinstating the Criminal Code sections until a full hearing could take place.

"That case will be heard by the middle of June," Chedore said. "The outcome of that case may have an impact on this one."

Ontario's highest court has set aside four days in June to hear the appeal which focuses on the possible harms associated with legalizing prostitution.

Provincial court Judge Anne Jeffries adjourned the local case against the two women until Aug. 9.

When police raided the Sunflower Spa in February they seized $10,000 in cash. At the time of the raid, police alleged that customers of the spa could buy sex or sexual acts for around $140.

I realize this is a shot in the dark, but, does anyone know where the ladies that worked there ended up? There was one I really liked, she wasn't there at the time of the raid, she was supposed to come back after a trip back home to china.