Changes to cerb after update

We made a update to the CERB site (Required for security) and it appears to have changed a few things as well. The two most noticeable things are (1) the width of the site has increased so larger photos can now be used and (2) the bar for the "User CP | FAQ | Members List | Calendar | New Posts | Search | Quick Links | Log Out" has been relocated to the top of the site and is now in black and not red.

Now if you dig deeper you will find some new features. The quicklinks menu now seams to have photo alblum and other features so feel free to look around and try anything new. Remember it's new to me too so bare with us as I can't offer support yet until I figure out what it all does.

If you have questions PM me or POST here and I will try to assist.

Looks like we have some bookmarking features, page tags, social networking features and the user profiles have all sorts of new social interaction features.

not really liking the wide screen version....but so far every thing else works well

all the stuff at the top of the screen seems to be over lapping the banner and title I guess? I am not complaining lots of cool stuff to play with, I am just observing.

lots of cool stuff to play with, I am just observing.

Dummpy........you have been getting alot of cool stuff to play with recently....leave the forum for us to play with.......

not really liking the wide screen version....but so far every thing else works well

Is it because it goes off your screen? or just too wide?

all the stuff at the top of the screen seems to be over lapping the banner and title I guess? I am not complaining lots of cool stuff to play with, I am just observing.

I find on my Linux machine this happens in firefox. I checked with both IE and Firefox on the PC and they are find... but my Mac is down (someone dropped it here when we moved offices!) so I assume your using a Mac as I have not viewed the updated site on the mac yet. I think the upgraded template has some css issues or table issues. I will try to get it working on the linux system and that would make it good for both mac and linux (as macs are pretty much a hybrid of unix/freeBSD so usually what works on one will work on the other)

Thanks for the feedback.

too wide for the screen.....have to scroll over all the time....or am I a goof and there is a setting on IE to fix this......

You can adjust your screen resolution to 1280 x 720 or larger or zoom out on the screen (the easiest way is if you have a scroll mouse hold the CTRL button and push the scroll up on the mouse (but that makes everything smaller so it's sometimes hard to read depending on the size of your screen). most people have a 1280 screen resolution or more these days. The standard use to be 800x600 but less then 5% of people use such a low res now.

I was able to easily revert the width back to 800 (but I am not sure yet if that will cause problems with any of the new features... they may have needed to have this so wide to make room - so let me know if you see something weird).

I just wanted to say that I deleted my above post because I eventually figured it out. :D Thanks for PMing me about that, Mod!

Carole

Mod just a quick question regarding the latest photo albums...I take it there is some where you might be able to explore all of the albums? Or is it jusy any new albums that are put up by SP's? Anyways...personnally feel that site is vastly improved from past, really like the personal profiles, great work!

I agree just starting to get some of the features working definitely some fun enhancements!

Trying to add a signature? To add to the confusion I just bought a rubber keyboard that is wet proof and folds up in your pocket (ya it could be handy in sooo many ways!) but it's weird getting used to!

Hey cool I got a signature!!!

Oh and by the way before CK exposes me of Bait and switch I just thought this guy was a reasonable representation (OK maybe he's a little younger) and besides where the hell would I get an outfit like that!

Edited by d*mm*y
checking signature

Dummpy you are looking down the front of your pants for those doritos chips aren't you! bait and switch!!!! hahahahaha! sorry mod couldn't resist...but back to thread..the personal profiles.. message notification can it be turned off from when you first log in, or you have open up your profile? not a big deal...still tingering with it

Edited by PistolPete

Dummpy you are looking down the front of your pants for those doritos chips aren't you! bait and switch!!!! hahahahaha!

Actually in this case it was a twinky, ran out of socks!

Oh and by the way before CK exposes me of Bait and switch I just thought this guy was a reasonable representation (OK maybe he's a little younger) and besides where the hell would I get an outfit like that!

Dummpy, you're a hoot! I'll let ya off the hook this time.

I have not found a place yet to browse all the albums but I am sure a mod exists for that.

Mod just a quick question regarding the latest photo albums...I take it there is some where you might be able to explore all of the albums? Or is it jusy any new albums that are put up by SP's? Anyways...personnally feel that site is vastly improved from past, really like the personal profiles, great work!

I added the Modification you asked for. In the Quick Links menu above you will see "All Albums" (http://www.cerb.ca/vbulletin/all_albums.php) this will display all the photo albums. Works well I must say!

That is simply excellent Mod...you are correct it works very well, when I'm bored its nice to look at the photos..thanks!