Okay, so how easy is it to set up Skype? I have a new HP desktop with the latest version of Windows on it. Anyone know what I need to do and what I should get camera $$$ wise?

Skype is sort of like MSN Messenger, but better in my opinion. I use it a lot for work. We communicate betweem myself, a team spread across the US and in Germany. You can do text chat, voice chat (like a phone call) and video chat.

For the voice chat, you can also do a conference call, with up to 10 people (I think). For video, it is only between two callers.

You can also see when the people on your contact list are online and control how you show up to other people.

There are also some screen sharing, file transfer and remote control options.

i think it is a great tool. Feel free to PM me if you'd like more details.

Essentially it's phone via the internet. Calling to other's who have an account on the internet is free to any where in the world. You can call strictly voice but also have a video option as well. Your identity is associated with an email address. And if you pay a relatively small fee you can call out to any phone number.

It's pretty easy to install, just go to their site and download the software. There instructions for installation are very easy. When finished they direct you to a test site where you can verify that it's working correctly.

If you travel it a great way to stay in touch with the family.

Bucken, Boomer

Thanks for the info. Wasn't looking to get skype, but I've heard about it and been curious. Don't think it's a program/system I would need for my day to day computing needs

Thanks again for the info and answering my question

RG