iPhone 4 vs Blackberry Torch ?

Time to change my phone again. Looking at both. I am quickly being seduced by iPhone but my concern is how durable is that screen? Phone is used for work purposes and I assume it must be pretty durable since it's a hot college kid item. That being said, Apple might just be banking on the fact that people will break them and still come back.

Had a blackberry since day one and the BBM messenger is super handy.

Thoughts ? suggestions ?

Did you see the commercial where they BEND the glass used for the iphone? It's impressive and made to take abuse. (I am sure you can see them putting it in a blender over on yourtube however)

For any phone get a shock resistant case..

I have used both and my vote is the iphone hands down. If you just use it for email the BB is king but if you use the apps and web browsing... Iphone wins in my book (No comparison)

Guest ***nsut***jr

I've had an iPhone for a year. The screen would not stop me from buying again.

Actually nothing would.

There are some robust cases out there so buy one to protect it and you should be fine.

If you are in love with the Blackberry OS you might want to stick with that.

I hated my BB simply because I could not bother to learn about it. To much like a PC in my eyes. So I ended up ditching it.

J

Depends what you want it for, but for my money it's a Blackberry every time. If you are looking for something to use a bunch of apps on etc the iPhone wins. If you are looking for a business tool it is a BB hands down. Also, battery life is something to consider. The iPhone battery has no life. My BB Torch lasts 2 - 3 days with heavy usage.

I have been using a BB for 6+ years now and last year made a change to an iPhone. I couldn't deal with the onscreen keyboard and really hated the battery. I then changed to a Motorolla Milestone Droid phone. Honestly if you are looking at a BB alternative my preference is Droid over iPhone. I then came back to a BB when they released the Torch and I LOVE IT. It is the perfect blend of both. I absolutely require a keyboard and the Torch gives me the best of both worlds!!

Just my two cents.

The iPhone 4 has the best screen on the planet. I can't figure out for the life of me why anyone would choose a Blackberry over an iPhone. Between Google, Apple, and MS, I think RIM is going to have a tough time maintaining market share.

As a recent convert from the Blackberry to the iPhone4, I have to say that I am extremely happy with the change. I have found the iPhone4 to be as durable as my former Blackberry and capable of doing so much more. While I do miss the mechanical keyboard, my iPhone typing (as long as I remember to turn it sideways!) is getting better all the time.

My only addiction is BB Messenger. I have work related friends world wide on it so I was hesitant to get rid of it but a friend told me about "whatsapp". Apparently it functions like a bridge between the iPhone and BB. I think I'll be heading down the iPhone path..

I recently upgraded my old phone to the iPhone4. I absolutely love it. I can't get over what it can do. If worried about durability, I got an Otterbox Defender case for it. Short of driving over it, I don't think you could ever hurt it.

Guest ***nsut***jr

Check out the Viber app for the iPhone.

Free calls to other Viber users when using WiFi.

Uses 3G data otherwise.

I never seem to use all my data anyway.

Kinda cool.

J

well..I have had a BB for a while now...and I have alot of friends with the Iphone..

I personally like the bigger screen and touch of the I phone.....but the BB has some great features also

Good Morning!! and Happy Holidays everyone!!

I have both the Iphone 4 and the BB Torch, purchased or should I say upgraded both at the same time about a month ago. Yesssssssss Rogers gets to strangle me for another 3 years lol.

I love the Iphone and HATE with a passion the Torch, The applications on the Iphone are so much better and easier to use. The touch screen is amazing, for your everyday use to gaming.

The BB Torch however, ugggg. The touch screen applications are to close to each other, besides the dial pad (touch) your fingers tend to overlap everything. Trying to send a message using the touch screen on the BB is next to impossible. The query board is not as easy to use as my previous BB 9700. The keys are smaller and the slider screen tends to get in the way of the top row on the query board.

All in all, I really didnt think I would like the Iphone, I am an avid BB user. With everyone going into touch screens BB tried it again (1st being the Storm) but sadly failed once more.

Go for the Iphone 4, its alot more fun and easy to use.

kisses

Sammie

Well iPhone it is... worst case.. if I don't like it.. I'll just unlock it and sell it on ebay for a fortune and then buy a torch.

Unlocked iPhone 4's are selling nicely on there.

Guest S*rca****sid

You can buy unlocked iPhones directly from Apple and use on any network.