Cerb upgrade finished - cross your fingers!

The main DB server upgrade was completed today and so far it looks real good but only time will tell.

I will be monitoring the servers to make sure they are all getting along with each other and no funny stuff going on.

We should really see a big increase in speed from this upgrade.

Please, if you notice anything not working let me know right away. The site is so busy that we must run the site off multiple dedicated servers all working together. Sometimes servers don't work well together and need "tweaking" so let me know if anything is odd.

So far so good... knock on wood?

I guess the only REAL way to see if the servers are powerful enough is to launch the shoutbox again... This is just a Trial for now!

Seams to be working... 550% server load but that is ok as we are running 8 cores so as long as that does not hit 800% server load we are good.

Nice work, mod! Hey, got a question for ya - is there a newer version of that Tapatalk thingie you're running? I was trying a new client and it said the server was running an outdated version, and refused to log in.

Posted via Mobile Device

A update was available so I downloaded it and installed it to the forum. Let me know if it's working for everyone. We have over 120 users now using tapatalk so I guess people like it.

That did the trick, it is working great now. Really appreciate it, thanks :)

A update was available so I downloaded it and installed it to the forum. Let me know if it's working for everyone. We have over 120 users now using tapatalk so I guess people like it.

I was wondering what happened to the Online members list on the home page? It seems to have disappeared, along with the list of members reading a thread (at the bottom of the thread screen).

I also saw this. Not that it is needed I just liked it for intrests sake.

I was wondering what happened to the Online members list on the home page? It seems to have disappeared, along with the list of members reading a thread (at the bottom of the thread screen).

Speed is much improved except for the photos section. Is this what you're seeing as well?

I'm pretty certain the list use to be sorted with the current logged in user name first.

eg

etasman2000* list_of_sorted_active_users

I also notice the following active users without any profile links

Bing(125), Yahoo! Slurp(2), Google(8), InfoSpiders(15), Yandex Bot, Ichiro Mobile, MSNBot(3), Speedy(6), DotBot, Artabus

what are these bots doing ?

Edited by etasman2000
wrong quote tag

I'm pretty certain the list use to be sorted with the current logged in user name first.

eg

I also notice the following active users without any profile links

what are these bots doing ?

Yes, it was sorted alphabetically but that was taking up huge levels of system resources so I made it random. The search engines SPIDER your site (These bots are knows as crawlers or index spiders) bing seams to ABUSE this with 100+ at any given time.

These spiders make your listings on the search engines and I am just having the system monitor (Benchmark) how much resources these spiders are using.

thanks moonshine, I wonder if that would discourage indexing of a site. I will have to research that more.

anyone notice a speed increase today? we optimized the server a lot and got memcached (caching system) running on two servers... well.

From what I understood, that rule is just limiting the time between hits from the spider. So since you're not blocking it altogether, it's only slowing it down. I would imagine that the spiders would only interpret that as a slower site and keep crawling away. And probably only needed in cases where there are an abnormally high amount, not all of them. Most people use Google anyway so just leave them alone!

Today earlier this morning was fine that in the past hour, I have been disconnected twice from the site. Following comes up....wondering if anyone else has the same issues??

Service Temporarily Unavailable

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.