Accented characters

Hi,

I write some of my PM in french, thus with accented letters.

Everything works fine till this morning.

Now every accented character is replace by a question mark ?

I did not changed anything in the browser encoding (Firefox)

Any advice or suggestion welcome.

Thanks

check your keyboard setting in the bar on the bottom of your screen.. not sure but sometimes mine switches from english to another setting. Maybe that's it?

That is not it Carrie. My messages have been doing the same thing. Accented letters being replaced by other symbols. I will send a note to MOD.

interesting... I will look into it. I am not sure what it could be. I wonder if the database or server has some sort of character set encode.

Guest S*rca****sid
It's all greek to me. But I'm sure Mod will figure it out!

cat

Was this post really necessary? Did it contribute to solving the problem at all? Seems like a cheap way to add up post counts.

Guest W***ledi*Time

It's always great to hear the friendly voice of Cat, who never plays petty games -- and whose wisdom has contributed immeasurably to our community here on Cerb! Her posts are always appreciated!

Having written a few recs in French, I am disappointed by th? replacement of th? accents by th? codes.

It's probably related to th? new server. Mais, joyeux no?l tout de m?me .

Posted via Mobile Device

does the same for me on many advertising site ... where I usually post my ads in french ... so now I simply don't write any accent ... French people are used to read stuff in french without accent on the web ... I guess ... I mean, I am so they must be too. loll ;-)

It's always great to hear the friendly voice of Cat, who never plays petty games -- and whose wisdom has contributed immeasurably to our community here on Cerb! Her posts are always appreciated!

I wanted to give you some rep WIT but I have to spread it around.

You are 100% correct in the above statement as Cat's knowledge and wisdom are always a welcomed addition to CERB posts.

test

? ?

a with circumflex

? ?

a with tr?ma

? ?

a e ligature

? ?

c with cedilla

? ?

e with acute accent

? ?

e with grave accent

? ?

e with circumflex

? ?

e with tr?ma

? ?

i with circumflex

? ?

i with tr?ma

? ?

o with circumflex

? ?

o e ligature

? ?

u with grave accent

? ?

u with circumflex

? ?

u with tr?ma

?

I am going to have to call in outside help on this one. I tried everything I could think of with no luck yet. Sorry.

I had the exact opposite problem today.. but not just in cerb. When I'd put a ? or / I would get ?.. because it was set to Canadian multilingual standard instead of United States international. Funny how it happened the day after posting on here. The law of attraction! whatever you focus on happens.

Additional Comments:

I had the exact opposite problem today.. but not just in cerb. When I'd put a ? or / I would get ?.. because it was set to Canadian multilingual standard instead of United States international. Funny how it happened the day after posting on here. The law of attraction! whatever you focus on happens.

Ok... finally got it working from the looks of it. Please let me know if all French characters are now being displayed correctly. What a NIGHTMARE that one was!!

• Like 1

Was this post really necessary? Did it contribute to solving the problem at all? Seems like a cheap way to add up post counts.

I think this poster was just living up to his name. Kind of out of place on this forum however. I believe WIT gracefully provided the appropriate response.