You may notice a few changes to CERB over the weekend.

We are...

1) Optimizing the site so that it's easier for you to view stuff in your city and not have to sort through all the data in the rest of the cities across Canada.

2) We are adding new forums and some new cities.

3) We are turning on the new recommendation system (In Ottawa for now) and will be adding to the rest of Canada as we go.

4) The news area is now set up as a news portal

5) rss/ipod/xml syndication has been activated for better indexing

6) We fixed the main header as it was not displaying in everyone's browser properly...

7) ... and I am sure a few more things are being done as well but it's 4:30am and the two of us who are working on the updates are very much done for the day!

Enjoy...

Guest f***2f***

i like it...took me a minute to figure it out but I'm liking it.

easier right? I hope... I find it easier to use already. Before it has hard to go from the ottawa announcements to the recommendation here they are all subthreads of the city so we will have a lot less confusion I think

I do miss seeing the last thread posted in each city? sometimes the headlines grabbed me to have a quick look.

My brain is still in first gear but I got far enough to find a few things out here. If my altzheimer allows me I will kick into second gear soon.

So far it is quite colorful.

Congratulations Mod, I'm sure I will figure it out and like it.

leyley

I like it the entire set up! just will have to wait and see how my first ratings go for a SP...great work MOD

I do miss seeing the last thread posted in each city? sometimes the headlines grabbed me to have a quick look.

Hey Dummpy, you can still get a summery of all new posts. Do you use the New Posts feature at the top? That is the first thing I click when I log in each day and skim it quickly before starting to read each one.

Cool, I had never clicked that before! When you get to my age change is very confusing! Next thing you know I will be programing my tv du flicky and time shifting!

I have to say that my favourite change was done a few weeks ago and that was the addition of the albums. That is the icing on the cake about why this is the best site going.

Guest f***2f***

I too am enjoying the albums...this is great for the SPs too...free advertising...i'm going to visit one today here in halifax based on her pics....I'll review if she's agreeable.

Guest f***2f***

mod...I'm so glad you pointed out the new post feature...that just saved me a lot of surfing time....thanks....I'm loving the new features

Back a few years ago when the site was run on a free forum system (phpbb) we has a album feature for the ladies to upload photos. It was hacked and brought down the entire server... they used the photo upload system to install a nasty rootkit and gained full control over the server. It was a nightmare... so we were very hesitant in turning this album feature on but after some research it seams to be secure so we can only hope.

Your age...shit you make laugh at times Dummpy! you are like me you just need to play with it first!!

Cool, I had never clicked that before! When you get to my age change is very confusing! Next thing you know I will be programing my tv du flicky and time shifting!

Guest f***2f***

I always need a lot of play too before I get down to really doing it!

Great work MOD. Nice to have all the Ottawa stuff group together. I had been away since Friday but the new changes made it easy for catching up.

welcome back... glad you like what we have done here.