How do I stop Google from pasting my most recent clipboard info into the search box w

How do I stop Google from pasting my most recent clipboard info into the search box when I open Google?

I am using IE 8

If anyone can shed some light on this annoyance it would be appreciated ever so much.

Guest ****ims**

have you tried clearing your cache within ie8?

tools, internet options, delete browsing history, select all of the above save for 'preserve favorites website data', then delete.

that should help... dan :)

Nope, sorry Dan that did not resolve the annoyance/problem.

It seems to be caused by the accelerators that are part of IE 8 by what I can figure out.

I need to find some way to disable so that it is not pasting the clipboard contents.

The main reason I want to rectify this is because I had copied some banking information and then opened a browser window (google is my homepage) and all my personal banking info was on the screen in front of me. I was dumbfounded that this info had just been searched by google on the net.

I hope that nothing ever happens because of this, I do not want to be a victim of identity theft and basically be robbed of my finances.

See if disabling the AutoComplete Settings feature helps. It's in Internet Options > Content > AutoComplete Settings.

I'm thinking you have an IE add-on that is "helping" you.

Try this - use "Tools -> Internet Options", select the "Programs" tab. On the tab, click the [Manage add-ons] button.

Try disabling the add-ons and see if the problem goes away, then you can start enabling the ones you want back one at a time, checking for the issue to re-appear after enabling each one.

Guest S*rca****sid

I would suggest to switch over to either Firefox or Chrome. They have many privacy add-ons.

Agree, have been using Firefox for over a year, would never go back to IE. I find the security features much more sophisticated and easy to configure.