Etiquette for Booking MP or SP

I am curious about the etiquette that should be followed in trying to book an appointment with your desired MP or SP?

Same day? How often and does this work for most?

A couple of days in advance?

A week - with a follow up email, phone call, text?

It would be most appreciated to hear from our favorite women about what works best for them?:D

All of the above, some are better booked ahead some are better booked way ahead and some don't book ahead just call them and they will either answer or not. Most SP's will tell you there preference in there advertising. An agency SP is the call me when your ready and if I am around great. Some SP's work best with email others with txt and some with a phone call. It is so random it is crazy but once you find out what works with a particular SP stick with it. I like to have different ones available as cancellations happen and plans change and you need some to book ahead, and some that you can call last minuet if your prebooked event bails on you.

I agree with dummpy, it varies with SPs. Agency is like pay as you go phones, call when needed. Indy usually need advance notice unless you happen to call when they got a cancellation. The ladies are good at letting us know how they prefer to be contacted. You have to remember to be patient as Indy can be overwhelmed at times with e-mails or voice messages. Sometimes they might miss you due to the volume of messages and you may have to send a reminder that is why I like to book in advance and I try to provide flexibility in my own schedule when requesting an appointment although I can't be available during the day while at work. I can't speak about a back up plan as I may be lucky but I never had to cancel on an SP and I haven't had an SP cancel on me.

I'm with Dummpy and loneskater on this...Each lady has their own way of doing things so give them the lead on their preferred method.

I am curious about the etiquette that should be followed in trying to book an appointment with your desired MP or SP?

Hey U

SPs...well the good ones...tend to like more than a day or two advance in booking. Most MPAs are okay with walkins but the indies are harder to book so it's better to book. Acqua/Oasis has a special (or did...best to check their website) in which they give you a better rate if you book first online.

i myself prefer to have appts booked by email,as alot of times i am unable to answer my phone as i am training like crazy right now.my emails go to my blackberry and i usually respond within the hour.i like to have a days notice as i have a tight schedule and it is impossible for me to see someone with only an hours notice.

regards alex xo

As loneskater and dummpy have said, it depends on the SP and her preference. I do suggest that you do all of the research well beforehand. What hours an SP works and the demographic she caters to are critical to narrowing the search. A couple of days a week, I welcome my first guest thru the door as early as 5am, so a last minute request that arrives at dinner to play at 9pm will probably be declined. But if it is booked in advance, I can arrange my day to accomodate. For me it's all about being prepared and at my best when you walk thru door. If I am not going to be 100%, then I decline.

I have standing appointments so I can look at my calendar for the month and have a general idea of my availablility for inquiries that arrive closer to the desired date. I really like it when the guest sends a couple of times that are convenient for him because it gives me the opportunity to accomodate if I can. I also give preference to a guest who includes his name and a contact number when dealing with short notice appointments. I recieve an average of 5 "can you see me today" emails, and usually only have a couple of openings per week. The emails that seem genuine and interesting are the ones that catch my attention.

It boils down to knowing what you want and who fits the bill well ahead of time. Do your research, and have your options infront of you when you decide to go play. A gentle reminder is that if you are declined due to time restrictions, please don't take it personally and try again another time.

Catherine

Guest M***ell***A

Thanks to all you wonderful sweeties for all the nice things that have been said about me recently I tend to be pretty busy and find it very difficult to accomodate a same day booking. Sometimes it's tough even for a next day. I also like to book through email so that can take a bit of time. Having said that I do get the occasional cancellation and can fit someone in on short notice but I still prefer to have requests for bookings a day before. Always keep in mind that certain appointments are in high demand (like lunch time for example) so the more notice you can give the better chance of getting the time you want. I also think it's important to remember that we have lives too and don't just sit around day in and day out waiting to see if maybe we get a call, a day or twos notice is best for me. And gentlemen if you need to cancel Please give more notice than 5 minutes so that the time is not wasted and someone else may benefit.

Now I have a question: if we (providers) have available appointments on any given day is it taboo to email someone that has been trying to book same day to let them know?

I dont think so, if the person wants to see you and is in contact via e-mail then it shouldn't be a problem. I like to personally book well in advance, but sometimes if I do a spur of the moment I will phone and see if the sp I visit has any openings, as I am a regular for a couple of ladies they do try to accomadate as I drive in from out of town, but I definately do not expect them too, if they are booked they are booked and I respect that. Still Sydnee has never disappointed me and always goes that extra mile to look after me:) If she is booked she will find me another girl and she hasn't steered me wrong yet :)

Quote: "Now I have a question: if we (providers) have available appointments on any given day is it taboo to email someone that has been trying to book same day to let them know?"

Personally I would appreciate an email telling me of an available appointment if I was trying to see a provider that day.

The only problem is that I only check my email three times a day, morning, noon and night.

There's a good chance I would miss out on my seeing it.

If she has my phone number, and it would be safe, I would prefer a phone call.

I would hate to miss being able to see Michelle.

leyley

Thanks to all you wonderful sweeties for all the nice things that have been said about me recently I tend to be pretty busy and find it very difficult to accomodate a same day booking. Sometimes it's tough even for a next day. I also like to book through email so that can take a bit of time. Having said that I do get the occasional cancellation and can fit someone in on short notice but I still prefer to have requests for bookings a day before. Always keep in mind that certain appointments are in high demand (like lunch time for example) so the more notice you can give the better chance of getting the time you want. I also think it's important to remember that we have lives too and don't just sit around day in and day out waiting to see if maybe we get a call, a day or twos notice is best for me. And gentlemen if you need to cancel Please give more notice than 5 minutes so that the time is not wasted and someone else may benefit.

Now I have a question: if we (providers) have available appointments on any given day is it taboo to email someone that has been trying to book same day to let them know?

Please do give an email to myself, or pm myself here on CERB I really don't mind....if you have openings, I'm certainly not opposed to you doing so.I do not find that being forward.

I certainly don't have a problem with this. However I do think you may have to be choosy on who you would send an e-mail to. I try to give some flexibility on dates and timings when I booked an appointment so I dont get dissapointed but I have learned this from experience. I remember days where I wasn't so flexible in my timings and if one provider was not available, I would phone others until I got an appointment. So it is likely that you will e-mail a client with the availability but he will have already made other plans. I would dare say that some will not even reply to your e-mail.

I would suggest this is something you might want to consider with repeat customers. I would also suggest if you do, to put a deadline for a reply in your e-mail. This way you won't be left wondering will I get an answer or should I offer the time to another client.

A final issue you should consider, is what if you e-mail someone about the available time and 15 minutes later someone calls and ask for that specific time. You say no and don't get a reply to the e-mail then you may have just lost some income. On the other hand, you booked the person who called and then a little while later the client who you had sent the e-mail to replies and say great timing I will be there. he might not appreciate being told sorry I just booked someone else. Thus my point that you should be selective about who you are going to e-mail and maybe discuss this prior with the clients so you both have an understanding of what if???

I wouldn't see it as taboo, but in fact would appreciate it.

I think if you had a few people that were trying to see you, you could do a bulk email (bcc of course please no cc or multiple to!) and simply say you had an opening first come first served. I am more of an impulse guy myself for MP's (SP's I book long in advance) however with MP's generally I find I am a walk in, so this information would be very useful to me!